Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    /shout BST PARTIES ONLY PLZ TY." < this is what brought the attention.
    BST in party only works this way, thanks to the supportjob design. This is intended by SE, and not BST player's fault.

Can also do other setups, it doesnt matter much if you fight a T1 Escha NM with BST x 3, or a setup which consists of PLD/RDM/DD.
    The second setup has one problem: Each member has to be good. The BST setup needs only one good player, which makes it very PUG friendly.
    (1)

Character
    Jopa
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    "BST is OK at dynamis farming" - NERFT
    It still is, no? Fast ability procs, best AoE killer for fast Odious farming, and great at killing ADL.
    EDIT: Unless you just mean when Dynamis was relevant.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jopa-Sopa; 09-29-2015 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jopa-Sopa View Post
    It still is, no? Fast ability procs, best AoE killer for fast Odious farming, and great at killing ADL.
    EDIT: Unless you just mean when Dynamis was relevant.
    I'm still confused by this because a lot of what he mentioned never got nerfed. The only thing in relation to exp that got nerfed is the fact BSTs can no longer plop insanely powerful monsters ontop of exp parties (in comparison to what they're fighting) anymore. Like how BSTs loved to drop a "charged" bomb on garliage parties so when it aggros on the way back it immediately self-destructs due to having full TP.

Unless dynamis got changed again outside of the Rhapsodies key item...BST can still farm it just fine.
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

He means falcor went from th3 to th1 and overnight ppl stopped going BST to farm dynamis and loaded THF instead.

The Nerf meant BST that were getting 300 coins were suddenly getting 100 a run. It wasn't worth wasting a run to load BST and people loaded THF.

-----------

Grekumah or Camate:

If you have been reading this thread, can you please respond regarding if the dev team is going to fix the gross overkill they made with giving BST a 1-3 yalm radius from our pets head to use our ja's?

I could live with lower pet aoe dmg but after a decade playing BST, this update ruined the jobs playability. I recognize a small adjustment was needed in changing aoe-pet dmg but BST did not need the overkill nerf we received.

Thank you for your work communicating with the dev team for us!
    (6)
    Last edited by Jile; 09-30-2015 at 12:33 AM.

Player
    Let us all wait and be patience do not hit the unsubscribe button or quit FFXI yet.

Let's hope that the director Akihiko Matsui will reply to us soon.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ataraxia; 09-30-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxia View Post
    Let us all wait and be patience do not hit the unsubscribe button or quit FFXI yet.

Let's hope that the director Akihiro Matsui will reply to us soon.
    I believe it's Akihiko.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I believe it's Akihiko.
    all fix... =)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    He means falcor went from th3 to th1 and overnight ppl stopped going BST to farm dynamis and loaded THF instead.
    This. Again, my better geared BST became way worse than my poorly geared THF after that nerf.

Experience soloing - nerfing leave made leveling way more difficult for BST's... one or two people causing mischief should not have resulted in punishment for all BSTs
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    This. Again, my better geared BST became way worse than my poorly geared THF after that nerf.

Experience soloing - nerfing leave made leveling way more difficult for BST's... one or two people causing mischief should not have resulted in punishment for all BSTs
    So..outside of THF...which other job could get TH natively, let alone TH3 at the time? If that's the nerf, it actually made sense from a balance perspective. Sorry to break it to you, it wasn't "one or two" people making mischief, it was a huge problem in the early days in popular exp spots because BSTs wanted to clear the zone out so they could have it for themselves. I can promise you they wouldn't have made that change if it truly was "one or two people" and not a large problem. People wouldn't have complained if it was just one or two people doing it every now and then. You couldn't properly exp in Crawler's Nest or Garliage Citadel basement if there were 1 or 2 bsts there because you were GUARANTEED to get a higher level aggressive monster dumped on you.

Did you even play during those days?
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

The difference is.... Losing TH3 was not game breaking, they simply adjusted a pet to satisfy complaints. This Nerf; however, is game breaking and unnecessary. A multiplier adjustment like they did with rudras on aoe-pet moves would have left BST functional without destroying the fundamentals of how the job functions.

Community reps, please advise if the devs are reviewing this and when we can expect a fix. Thank you.
    (1)

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast