Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kaory
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I hate the fact that i use to play BST a ton in the old 75 days of no invites, solo only, charm and 2 hr, etc. and no one cared. Could we kill NMs solo, oh yeah. Was it a challenge most of the time, yep. Again, no one cared. fastforward, today a good BST has spent millions on stones, days on capacity farming, and years of disregard to finally be "sought for" to get hijacked by complainers now. I spent far too much time, gil, etc on this job to see it get jacked up. Yes, i can still use it, but I have to get screwed by dumb mechanics because gimped players ran to the job. Let us not forget, there are only a few ways to buff and heal pets. A dd gets far more, so yes being in aoe range is annoying but makes sense. Also, charm can ruin us if timers are down. We already have to deal with all enfeebles on our pets too. Meanwhile, sch can sit back and kill a mob from safe distance with sc mb solo. Add a blm and mobs melt. Smn always could do from a distance, and with conduit can melt mobs too. If we have to keep a distance nerf, give us PUP distance at least. It is a fair distance of danger to safe ratios with the ability to reward from a safe distance. Many will still complain, but it is better than standing next to my pet and still getting too far messages. Useless players wont know how to play from PUP distance either and veterans should have no trouble with that distance. Otherwise, give us what we had in Aug and fix the real problems of balance: too much mob aoe, too little hp for players, acc/att increases, etc. I dont want easy mode, but when my shellmates can just mb for 99999 every min or less, not much is challenge mode anyway. Why fundamentally change one job when many jobs are OP and others havent seen the real light of day in years.
    (10)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    All you complainers about how BST has to get close... here you go of a BST soloing very difficult ark angel mithra:

There are more if this one example isn't enough. The distance nerf wasn't enough. Pets shouldn't be able to not only tank as well as a PLD but do damage as well as a DD against very difficult NMs while the master just sits there doing job emotes laughing all the way. Pets should be able to tank OR do damage, not both. That is what needs to be fixed.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    All you complainers about how BST has to get close... here you go of a BST soloing very difficult ark angel mithra:
    Range is not needed for most Ark Angels, so they are not affected by the nerf. About the VD: Respect. You should have linked his AA Galka vid, where you acutally can see that he is a very skilled player, playing well timed and fast. Fun to watch.
    (2)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Wow, the distance nerf wasn't enough to make an enemy with only one threatening, Utsusemi-blockable AoE unsoloable by BST/NIN, wow.

I said wow twice to properly convey my shock.
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    Pets should be able to tank OR do damage, not both. That is what needs to be fixed.
    There are several jobs which can do both, which makes them able to solo even hardest NMs. Bst is by far not alone there. All of them are already balanced, Bst is too.
    I understand you don't like Bst, it makes your Brd unwanted, which is not ok.
    But that Bst only hype is caused by the player community, not by the job itsself. It became good, yes. But not so OP as people think it is.
    The real performance gap you find in gear and jobpoints and if player using different equipsets.
    SE knows this, that's why they were a bit shy and did not nerf dmg output.
    (2)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    There's also a video of scholar soloing that fight. Maybe scholar needs to be in melee range with a damage reduction too. There are also several videos of other jobs soloing that fight at lower difficulties. What difficulty does it have to be before we cry nerf? Should we nerf NIN and DNC and BLU and SMN too? /smh
    (3)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaory View Post
    Otherwise, give us what we had in Aug and fix the real problems of balance: too much mob aoe, too little hp for players, acc/att increases, etc
    THIS. All this.
    (7)

Player
    @ Mod

Why delete posts? There was nothing wrong with them. Even Singforu brought more his arguments to the table this time than provoking.
    No aggression at all, so why you deleted several posts?

Edit: Nvm, they are back now, without the link. Thx
    (1)
    Last edited by Arthos; 10-07-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthos View Post
    @ Mod

Why delete posts? There was nothing wrong with them. Even Singforu brought more his arguments to the table this time than provoking.
    No aggression at all, so why you deleted several posts?
    Apparently posting youtube videos could expose someone's personal information somehow. At least that's what I was told when I posted videos of summoner and scholar soloing all the delves, AA fights and a bunch of escha NMs. Perhaps they are afraid that a person could be harassed via their youtube account or perhaps they don;t want other people being unwittingly drawn into the discussion.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    Apparently posting youtube videos could expose someone's personal information somehow. At least that's what I was told when I posted videos of summoner and scholar soloing all the delves, AA fights and a bunch of escha NMs. Perhaps they are afraid that a person could be harassed via their youtube account or perhaps they don;t want other people being unwittingly drawn into the discussion.
    People who make video in youtube are people who actually wanna be famous. I don't see anything that would expose someone personal information. If people are so bother by it than they shouldn't make a youtube account and video in the first place.

The Dev Team also posted some youtube video which is nothing wrong with that all. What you did is a good thing to post videos of summoner and scholar soloing all the delves so it can bring attention to Mr. Akihiko Matusi so he can stop nerfing job and look for more better resolution.
    (0)

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast