Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    Player
    Annoying is the right word.

But let's create an example: Sinister Reign, setup PLD/WHM/BLU/BST/COR/GEO

1. Entering, WHM buffs, meanwhile Cor could do either melee buffs or Bst rolls on everyone.

Now it splits:
    1.a) You seperate the Bst or Blu to get him his specific rolls. This can easily take another 2min.

1.b) You engage already, because you want to give the remaining melee or bst rolls while fighting. Problems: Positioning, Pld and mages are ok, but Bst and Blu will be very close together, at the safe DD side, mostly behind the mob. An experienced Cor will make it, but changes are good that u overwrite a Roll you don't want to. This is one of the tactical issues SE left us with the adjustment. BST is in a tactical area now, where he shouldn't be.
    However, one of your DD's can easily be without or half buffed during first fight.

2. I know it's possible to clear it in under 7 minutes, but let's assume we did not for some reason, so we loose rolls on 3. fight, which is mostly the hardest. And in the hectic of running in and out to avoid Arcieala's Naakuals you have to hit a single player with an AoE roll, without applying it to anyone else. If you hit the other DD it can get critical, if you overwrite your mages refresh they can run out of mana.
    PLD i dont count in this battle, he will be mostly ok here without defensive rolls.
    And again: One of your DD's will be unbuffed half of the time.

Conclusion: Possible: yes.
    Smooth/effecient/safe: hell, no.
    (3)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthos View Post
    Annoying is the right word.

But let's create an example: Sinister Reign, setup PLD/WHM/BLU/BST/COR/GEO

1. Entering, WHM buffs, meanwhile Cor could do either melee buffs or Bst rolls on everyone.

Now it splits:
    1.a) You seperate the Bst or Blu to get him his specific rolls. This can easily take another 2min.

1.b) You engage already, because you want to give the remaining melee or bst rolls while fighting. Problems: Positioning, Pld and mages are ok, but Bst and Blu will be very close together, at the safe DD side, mostly behind the mob. An experienced Cor will make it, but changes are good that u overwrite a Roll you don't want to. This is one of the tactical issues SE left us with the adjustment. BST is in a tactical area now, where he shouldn't be.
    However, one of your DD's can easily be without or half buffed during first fight.

2. I know it's possible to clear it in under 7 minutes, but let's assume we did not for some reason, so we loose rolls on 3. fight, which is mostly the hardest. And in the hectic of running in and out to avoid Arcieala's Naakuals you have to hit a single player with an AoE roll, without applying it to anyone else. If you hit the other DD it can get critical, if you overwrite your mages refresh they can run out of mana.
    PLD i dont count in this battle, he will be mostly ok here without defensive rolls.
    And again: One of your DD's will be unbuffed half of the time.

Conclusion: Possible: yes.
    Smooth/effecient/safe: hell, no.
    You are vastly overstating the difficulty of sinister reign. I've done close to 300 runs now using mana burn, BST and melee set ups and I've only lost twice. Both due to being unlucky with the sharks placement in the middle of the ring. Almost every other battle in current end game is won or lost in less that the time it takes one roll to wear and rolls can be applied before the fight even starts in most cases.
    (0)

Player
    This is not about the difficulty of Sinister Reign. It's about the question if a melee/Bst mix can be buffed well by a Cor or not.
    (1)

Player
    Ah my first post ever since playing ffxi. I have been a long time beastmaster since the old charming days. No one cared about beastmaster until we were given the capability to measure up against other DD jobs. I give credit to the Dev team for all the recent quality of life changes. But I have to say this distance nerf was made out of haste and not properly thought through.. It doesn't really create "more" of a challenge just "more" of annoyance. This was posted in the Freshly Picked Vana'diel 21 Digest.- Beastmaster
    The range in which certain abilities and pet commands can be used has been shortened. While this changes the style of play a bit, please try it out and let us know your feedback.

So maybe they are looking into this and seeing if the distance nerf was too extreme? Hopefully they will respond with some type of answer whether it is good or bad.
    (8)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHalo714 View Post
    Ah my first post ever since playing ffxi. I have been a long time beastmaster since the old charming days. No one cared about beastmaster until we were given the capability to measure up against other DD jobs. I give credit to the Dev team for all the recent quality of life changes. But I have to say this distance nerf was made out of haste and not properly thought through.. It doesn't really create "more" of a challenge just "more" of annoyance. This was posted in the Freshly Picked Vana'diel 21 Digest.- Beastmaster
    The range in which certain abilities and pet commands can be used has been shortened. While this changes the style of play a bit, please try it out and let us know your feedback.

So maybe they are looking into this and seeing if the distance nerf was too extreme? Hopefully they will respond with some type of answer whether it is good or bad.
    Agreed. SE needs to undo the distance nerf, it ruins the playstyle of the job and is functionally flawed. It might have sounded good to them on the drawing board but its horrible now that its applied.
    (6)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    Agreed. SE needs to undo the distance nerf, it ruins the playstyle of the job and is functionally flawed. It might have sounded good to them on the drawing board but its horrible now that its applied.
    Or at least reduce it, I don't see why if they wanted this they didn't allow beast to have the option to be away from most but not all AoE.

Having to stand on top of your pet, and still struggle with not being in range with certain enemies is ridiculous.
    (6)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthos View Post
    This is not about the difficulty of Sinister Reign. It's about the question if a melee/Bst mix can be buffed well by a Cor or not.
    No, we're talking about how people wanted BST nerfed because people like you wouldn't bring other jobs to sinister reign based on the fear that the COR might have to <GASP> do rolls. And I'm pointing out that SR is easy content that can be done with any decent set up and shouldn't be taken so seriously as to not invite a certain job or only invite a certain job.
    (2)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Easy maybe for the experienced, or well established cookie cutter setups... I've experienced loads of pain every time I tried to run it, though. Not everyone is at that high of a level, and for those that aren't they are going to be more inclined to stick with what they know can work.
    (2)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    A better fix would be to vary pet damage with master distance.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    A better fix would be to vary pet damage with master distance.
    This and applying melee rolls also on pet is a good solution. Bsts who want, could also engage this way. And it would solve that "Bst only" issue.
    (2)

Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast