Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keido View Post
    You can be a mid level BST and affect hard content with 0 risk.
    Cool story. Too bad it's not true.
    (5)

Seriously. Been playing BST for years and I didn't even get to go out on harder content because I am a casual player and I didn't feel geared enough. I was super excited that I might have a chance to play endgame on my favourite job before the end of the game. That hope was shattered by this update.

And yeah, before people come along to slag me, sure I am not the greatest player out there, maybe some superhero with perfect augments and every bit of BST gear out there can still do some endgame now, but for regular BST there will be no slots once again.
    (9)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Keido View Post
    Think of new strategies.
    Honestly, this Nerf is so powerful and so very broken right now, BST isn't playable. No strategies work when your core functions are broken beyond usability.

The Nerf will be removed or BST will no longer be played by anyone for any serious purpose.

SE messed up bad.
    (10)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Seriously. Been playing BST for years and I didn't even get to go out on harder content because I am a casual player and I didn't feel geared enough. I was super excited that I might have a chance to play endgame on my favourite job before the end of the game. That hope was shattered by this update.

And yeah, before people come along to slag me, sure I am not the greatest player out there, maybe some superhero with perfect augments and every bit of BST gear out there can still do some endgame now, but for regular BST there will be no slots once again.
    I agree to this. I'm no BST myself but I hate to see BSTs trying to get their pet moves in real close and then die from dangerous mob moves because of the nerfs then waiting for Recast to call another pet.
    (9)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 09-19-2015 at 10:32 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm no BST but all the feedback I see makes this seem like a terrible solution to a niche-y problem....
    (7)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    Honestly, this Nerf is so powerful and so very broken right now, BST isn't playable. No strategies work when your core functions are broken beyond usability.

The Nerf will be removed or BST will no longer be played by anyone for any serious purpose.

SE messed up bad.
    No, it is playable. Just not in the way YOU want it to be.
    (1)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    It's playable, but it's BAD and It's not the way ANYONE wants to play it.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It doesn't really sound like the way anyone wants it to be, not just him.
    (8)

Can I draw out a weapon, yes.

Can I send a pet to attack, yes.

Can I use pet ready moves, occasionally when the positioning is right, yep.

If that is the extent of your definition then yes BST can 'play'.

Now, if you mean does the job work effectively - For the love of all things, no, not even remotely.

If BRD had a 2 yalm radius for songs, they could still play. Would they be effective, heck no.

Lets stop cutting hairs here. BST is severely, critically, undeniably broken with this nerf. It needs undone.
    (9)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    No it's not. You people want to just stand on the sidelines with your pet doing all the work. Wake up, SE doesn't want you to play that way. SE wants you to stand right next to your pet and fight along side it. You only consider it broken because you don't want to play it the way SE intends for you to play it. Get over it.

A BLM could not play the job the way SE intends for it to be played and melee without casting a single nuke. Is his DPS going to take a hit... you betcha. Play BST the way SE intends for you to play it and stop whining.
    (3)

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast