Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    My happiest memories of FFXI were the times when I helped players farm coffer keys, artifact, or I helped them take down a strong monster that dropped the item they really wanted. When I heard those players being so happy afterwards, and showing off their artifact etc. it made my heart fill with joy, and fly around like a drunk pigeon.

That is why this BST situation is really making my heart heavy. I can see these players are not just fronting or complaining for the sake of it, these players are really unhappy. Its like the opposite of what I spent 90% of my FFXI play-time trying to achieve, which was Happy Players. It really saddens me to see players being so unhappy, and I hope SE will consider nerfing BST in a different way, like slight lowering of damage or something. Nobody wants to see BST players being this unhappy, or feeling unable to give pet treats to their beloved animals.
    (9)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    My happiest memories of FFXI were the times when I helped players farm coffer keys, artifact, or I helped them take down a strong monster that dropped the item they really wanted. When I heard those players being so happy afterwards, and showing off their artifact etc. it made my heart fill with joy, and fly around like a drunk pigeon.

That is why this BST situation is really making my heart heavy. I can see these players are not just fronting or complaining for the sake of it, these players are really unhappy. Its like the opposite of what I spent 90% of my FFXI play-time trying to achieve, which was Happy Players. It really saddens me to see players being so unhappy, and I hope SE will consider nerfing BST in a different way, like slight lowering of damage or something. Nobody wants to see BST players being this unhappy, or feeling unable to give pet treats to their beloved animals.
    Finally, A Taru that make sense. Now it's your turn Akihiko Matsui. We know you're a Taru too and you been a really bad Taru so make everyone happy and give BST their range back.
    (1)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Since we're all on this amazing bandwagon of wanting everything for our jobs, I think summoner needs a range attack option to get tp, Some summoners have spent a great deal of money getting weapons that have great weaponskills on them that we can never use. Now with the extension of our range SE has told us we have no place close to the monsters. This isn't fair to us as we're use to fighting along side out pets and using such abilities to get back mp and even enhance our avatars.

I think an easy fix is to upgrade all of summoners armor to heavy armor so we can actually take a hit and with skill know not to run up to the monster when they're not doing a large AoE attack.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxia View Post
    Finally, A Taru that make sense. Now it's your turn Akihiko Matsui. We know you're a Taru too and you been a really bad Taru so make everyone happy and give BST their range back.
    I hope the Action Group For Rights Of Vertically-Challenged Persons doesn't see this post about Tarutarus!

But seriously, earlier on in this debate, I was saying that BST was always about risk / danger with charm etc. and that is true, so I thought that maybe this update would add a danger element which would help to rebalance BST a bit after the Stout Servant / Mulsum turbo-boost, siege-engine factor.

But reading all the posts, its clearly upset people so very much that it can't be right. People are saying they would accept a lowering of damage, or tweaking things somehow, but not if it radically changes the whole playstyle that people enjoy. I can totally see their point.

So I have edged across the aisle on this subject, and think there should be a different rebalancing system, that will be okay with those who consider the job OP, and still allow BST to play the job with the strategies they enjoy and have already built gear-sets around.
    (3)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I have already suggested a rebalancing paradigm that would fit perfectly, but SE seems to have glossed over it.

Vary pet damage with master distance.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    Since we're all on this amazing bandwagon of wanting everything for our jobs
    Lol when SE makes you stand in silence/amnesia aura range to be able to use your ja's, I'm sure lots of people will support your efforts to have it fixed.

We're not asking for anything special, we just don't like our mains broken either. It's not hard to understand there are better options than breaking our playstyle.

Lowering pet-aoe dmg would have cleared the queue of bandwagoners. Even if SE puts things back where they belong, BST won't be the main job asked for now that people realized and are currently using far stronger and overpowered setups than before our Nerf BST could potentially have been.
    (1)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    Lol when SE makes you stand in silence/amnesia aura range to be able to use your ja's, I'm sure lots of people will support your efforts to have it fixed.

We're not asking for anything special, we just don't like our mains broken either. It's not hard to understand there are better options than breaking our playstyle.

Lowering pet-aoe dmg would have cleared the queue of bandwagoners. Even if SE puts things back where they belong, BST won't be the main job asked for now that people realized and are currently using far stronger and overpowered setups than before our Nerf BST could potentially have been.
    many forget that summoner had a huge setback when our 2hr Alexander was downgraded for many events to bring balance to the game. It was the only things summoners were used for but at the same time we had for once a place in endgame events. It wasn't the fact they gimped the ability so bad but to throw it in our faces that you needed 600 summoning magic just to get the full 60seconds out of it when the highest at the time i think was 517 was a total insult to us. But the one good thing that came out of it was it got rid of the bandwagoners, thats all i see with this is that it will kill off those who didn't know the job and allow those who know what they're doing to continue on with very little change to things.
    (1)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    many forget that summoner had a huge setback when our 2hr Alexander was downgraded for many events to bring balance to the game. It was the only things summoners were used for but at the same time we had for once a place in endgame events. It wasn't the fact they gimped the ability so bad but to throw it in our faces that you needed 600 summoning magic just to get the full 60seconds out of it when the highest at the time i think was 517 was a total insult to us.
    Still didn't stop people from using SMNs though

All it did was maybe make them have to bring more SMNs

Embrava took a much bigger nerf than PD did, IMO.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    it got rid of the bandwagoners, thats all i see with this is that it will kill off those who didn't know the job and allow those who know what they're doing to continue on with very little change to things.
    You're wrong tho. Obviously a lot of long-time BST main have been posting on this and the other threads discussing this. This nerf isn't killing off those who don't know the job, its ruining the game for any real BST, like myself, that are not enjoying what SE has done to a job we love.

As if that were not bad enough, the nerf does not work effectively and SE has not redesigned our gear to 'function' with a no-distance setup.

I do not want SE to waste development time on re-engineering BST gear so when our pet has ACC/ATK/PDT/MDT/etc that we have it at the same time, when they could lower the aoe-dmg, making bandwagoner's go toward other jobs... and letting the people that love BST be able to play it as we have for over a decade.

I don't care if they remove pet aoe damage completely making us fight one target a time - I just want the job to work again. When I press a macro and I'm standing behind a mob that uses conial charm, my pet should still be able to be rewarded and right now that's not the case. The continued disillusion that this is an issue of wanting to be overpowered or wanting more than we deserve is shortsighted and naive. SE needs to restore BST back to an enjoyable playable job again before they stop doing major updates - every job should be enjoyable to their respective playerbase, no job should be treated this disrespectfully.

I work hard in most of my posts to avoid discussing where specifically other jobs are overpowered - right now SMN is very obscenely overpowered and I don't want it nerfed either because I don't want any job ruined at this stage of the game, period.
    (6)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Jile, this is the problem: you're arguing with people who don't play BST, don't understand how it works, and think this is all about damage output.
    (3)

Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast