So it's been somewhat quiet, but I was really wonder, can SMN have a few things looked at?

We have a few Blood Pacts that are still underwhelming, and some that just fall off the radar completely.
  • Noctoshield is still extremely under-powered for lvl 99+
  • Earthen Ward - I'm sure if it even applies the 119 lvl because it's often times gone within 1 hit.
  • Lunar Cry is somewhat useless unless you happen to be fighting something at the correct phase of the moon
  • Dream Shroud is all about time of day
  • Diamond Storm is -25 Eva when other jobs like BST can do -40 with Ready at a much lower level.
  • Pavor Nocturnus might as well not even be, because most of the time it doesn't hit at all.
  • Zantetsuken also fails so much when it comes to killing things, even when it's just 1 target.
  • Regal Gash/Blindside are HORRIBLE, even more so when compared to the Lvl 70 Blood Pact: Rages of all the other avatars.
  • Pacifying Ruby still causes more Enmity than it can erase for a SMN.

I'm not 100% sure how to fix all of these, but I do have a few ideas:

Noctoshield can be helped with a boost from 13 to maybe 20 ( I believe the max for Phalanx 1 is like 38?)

Earthen Ward at 119 should stop 288 of a Cap 350, so only a 62 point difference, but that's again if it actually does that.

I hate most of Fenrir's Blood pacts. I get it, he's a Moon Pup, but Either his BPs should have their cycle removed, or a higher base infliction. Because we gain Diamond Storm, We can't use Lunar Cry because of the -EVA effect it has. I personally wouldn't mind it just being a -ACC Blood Pact, but I guess that -1 EVA might be help at lower levels? And then there's also Ecliptic Howl/Growl, both of these could be FAR more useful it they weren't tied to the lunar cycle. Because a +1 ACC when you really need much higher is extremely unfortunate.

Likewise, Dream Shroud could do without the timer or an increase for the offset skill. Such as 10/5% and then switch at their respected times, or maybe like 8%MAB/7%MDB at all times.

Diamond Storm could really do a boost to -35 EVA, the same as RDM Distract I. This isn't so much to ask for because RDM gets Distract II at 85 which is -50 EVA

Pavor Nocturnus needs helps in a major way... It needs to either be useful with other forms of sleep besides Nightmare, or Needs to Add DMG if the Target has no effects to be dispelled, something....

Zantetsuken... This Astral Flow Ability and ALL Astral Flow Abilities need to be jacked to the extreme... It's a level 75 Ability and can't even kill most things outside of Adoulin. The Frontal Cone needs to be widened or changed to a True AoE. Also, at 100+ this ability should do more that 9999. If a non-Astral Flow move can, so should this.

Pacifying Ruby... I've got nothing.... I usually just end up being wailed on after I use it...

As for the Job Point Categories: Could we look at or clarify at least

Astral Flow Effect: I'm not sure how this exactly work, but I don't know if a +75 (Max JP) to their stats really helps in the long run. Most times you use Astral Flow, it's for Perfect Defense which is MP based, and ends the effect anyway. Maybe a 'Blood Boon' type thing might be better, where not all you MP is consumed from using Astral Flow? Maybe extend the timer for Astral so you can maybe get another one or 2 in.

Avatar's Favor Effect: Is there anyway that this could be looked at so that the value increase is 5 seconds vs 3. With the Value at 5, once you max this skill, you're Avatar's Favor would be at the zenith of its potential, which is both extremely reward for SMN that play this as their main job, and extremely useful for things that would require a quick swap of Avatar's (I.E. switching from Carbuncle to help front line jobs, to Diabolos to help support Back line jobs, or the need to switch from Titan to help with physical hits to Cait Sith so not to be nuked to death.)

These are just some things that I've noticed. There might be even more that I've missed too. But currently I'm having an extremely hard time landing some of the magic abilities anyway in higher level stuff. So I need to start a +MACC gear set at some point.