Thread: Sam atmas

Character
    Skwigelf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90

Sam atmas

Which do main sam's typically use? my sam has been kinda retired since i lvl'd war, but was thinking of getting it back up to 90, but the atma's i use for war dont seem to be best for sam
    (0)

I've been using Voracious Violet, Smiting Blow, and Sun Eater whenever I'm fighting something that goes down easily. The extra Store TP and Conserve TP makes things pretty easy with /DNC.
    (0)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Character
    Gunit
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 96
    Depending on Weapon
    VV/RR/Apoc
    VV/SB/Apoc

Why would you use a STP atma?
    (0)

Personally I just fulltime Atma of the Changing Job on SAM, but otherwise what Gunit said.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Gunit
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Personally I just fulltime Atma of the Changing Job on SAM, but otherwise what Gunit said.
    lol good call.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    It is more situational and I haven't yet put it through proper testing, but I'll be using VV, Smiting Blow, and Strong Arm for SAM/RNG, emphasis on the /rng. Unless you know of a better setup for Refulgent Arrow that you'd like to submit for further testing I think these work best in this situation.

Any other time, Atma of the Apocalypse Triple Attack is nice, because you practically WS every other attack round on a good GK and not a Soboro. auto RRIII is always nice too.
    Voracious Violet is a nice one because of the STR +50, Double Attack +5%, and Regain +2. Self-Explanitory
    Raised Ruin isn't quite as significant to Samurai because of our lack of Crit WS, but the amount of crits over time and the damage increase certainly helps. Wouldn't recommend though for events and NMs when you are on the back line and running in for WS.
    Smiting Blow has TP bonus superior, as well as WS accuracy. This is something you absolutely should be using when not regularly TPing on the NM and running in to WS.

So yes, pretty much what Gunit said.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Smiting Blow & VV are a given, 3rd Atma should be based on whatever you're doing and what weapon you have.

Razed Ruins can actually be great for Masamune SAM since the aftermath applies to critical hits which means if you get a double damage proc on a crit you can easily smack mobs for 700+ a swing. But otherwise I like Sundering Slash for the extra Regain + Attack.

The main reason for Suneater is to help enable a 4-hit build btw. I believe it's possible to do without it, but you have to have top-notch STP gear and eat carbonara. If you can manage 4-hit without Atma with a Masamune (it's possible) then you should definitely use either Razed Ruins or Griffon Claw (WS DMG +20%!) for your 3rd Atma.
    (0)

Player
    Apocalypse/ Alpha/Omega say sup
    (1)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    . If you can manage 4-hit without Atma with a Masamune (it's possible) then you should definitely use either Razed Ruins or Griffon Claw (WS DMG +20%!) for your 3rd Atma.
    I think if you manage to 4hit masa without atma you should use a haste atma (dont think you can cap haste and 4hit without atmas)
    (0)

Character
    Amoklauf
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    I think Alpha&Omega is a good substitute for RR because it boosts both types of damage. So even if you're holding back to avoid ruby or ganking, it'll still be a good choice. That having been said, RR is so strong, even at a 30/70 melee/WS split, it'll be better than Smiting Blow. I personally think it's between VV/A&O/Apoc and VV/RR/Apoc.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast