Character
    Funyun
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Item restoration

Hello, all. I'm sure over the course of however-long-you've-played, you've accidentally tossed something you really needed. I'm also aware that there's an item restoration. However, it's only ONE-TIME! I would like the developers to consider upping the amount we can restore to once per 3 months or once per year played. I used mine 8 years ago for an item that is now completely worthless but was valuable at the time. To limit us to one restoration per character EVER completely disregards the fact that we make mistakes from time to time. I wouldn't want the GMs to be harassed all day long about item restoration but surely it isn't that big a deal to rectify the occasional "OOPS" moment we all make. Please consider changing this completely outdated policy for your loyal paying players.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The official restoration rules according to SE: http://support.na.square-enix.com/fa...la=1&kid=12645

Item Restoration

When an item is lost accidentally, there is a possibility to have it restored if a GM is contacted.
    When restoring an item, it is necessary for us to investigate the item data. Within a week from the time the item was lost, please tell a GM the item name, time, and area where the item loss occurred. Requests for item restoration will only be honored a limited number of times, so please utilize this only when a very important item was lost and it absolutely must be recovered

The cases in which items can be restored are below:

*"Drop" was selected and the item was discarded.
    *The item was thrown away as a ranged weapon.
    *The item was consumed (Food and potions)
    *The item was sold to an NPC.

If the item loss data was confirmed with the GM investigation, the item will be restored. We will usually reply with the investigation results in a few days, but depending on the situation, it may take several weeks.

Also, if the item was lost to a programming error instead of an accident, we will restore the item without restrictions on the number of restorations requested.

You can place a GM call from in-game or contact a SQUARE ENIX Support Center through this Knowledge Base article. Simply select "Additional Assistance," then select "Next," then select "Next," then choose a contact method.

However, in any of the below situations, we may not be able to restore the item. If there is any confusion about whether a request falls into these categories, or if there is anything that is unclear, please discuss the matter with a GM.

*The request was made 1 week or more after the item was lost.
    *A GM investigated but could not find any log evidence.
    *The limit on the number of item recoveries has been reached.
    *The item was lost during the lotting process and the item was never in anyone's possession.
    *Restoring the item may interfere with the ability to complete missions and quests.
    [Note]This includes repeatable mission & quest reward items.
    *The item left player's inventory but still exists, for example, items sold to a guild.
    *The item is an Augmented Item.
    [Note]Items which have added attributes through systems such as Synergy and Fields of Valor may be restored without the Augments.
    It says nothing about a one time restore, just a limited amount of restores, whether one time restore has become a common misconception or is actually the case, I don't know.
    (0)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    The official restoration rules according to SE: http://support.na.square-enix.com/fa...la=1&kid=12645

It says nothing about a one time restore, just a limited amount of restores, whether one time restore has become a common misconception or is actually the case, I don't know.
    The GM who did my restoration when I dropped my black belt two years said no more item restoration requests would be granted for my account, while the GM who took my report said I should be careful as any future requests may not be granted.

I should've ask for clarification at the time, but I was happy enough to have my belt back.
    (0)

Character
    Funyun
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The GM literally said "I'm sorry, but according to our records, your one-time restoration was used in 2007. There's nothing we can do at this point. I apologize." It is one-time only and frankly that needs to change.
    (0)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    We need a "Mog Trashcan" huh lol
    (2)