Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Skizzle
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 70

To the Dev team Please don't let this game die out! Is FFXI 2.0 Possible?

Greetings all. It is my first post on this account since I lost my password to my other playonline 2 years ago. Do not be fooled by the progress on this character I'm a FFXI vet and started playing 2003 under Skizzle on the Ragnarok server.

Like MANY people here we grew up with this game under Tanaka and followed the progress with the years. This game has brought challenges laughter fun love to some including myself at one time companionship you name it.

If there is any way we as the consumers and players can make you guys continue doing this game as a 2.0 with better graphics etc? Kickstarter if possible? SE has been keeping two MMORPGs up at the same time for almost 2 years now so we know its possible.

With all due respect to Yoshi P and his team, FFXIV is not what we FFXI players where hoping for. I'm playing FFXIV at the moment with many of my FFXI friends from my old server but its just not the same. I think many players that play FFXIV that are from FFXI share these feelings. FFXIV was not what we signed up for and what we wanted to keep alive with our dubble subscriptions during its dark times. We never wanted a World of Warcraft Final Fantasy. Neither did we want a game where there is nothing to do now due to its lack of content and difficulty on regular stuff (Alexander savage doesnt count)

Don't let this wonderful game go to waste. Just touch it up a bit add better graphics and some new gameplay and i know people will come. I know I'm not alone with these thoughts. All good things don't have to come to an end. Instead they can flourish into something we all want.

Much love to the FFXI team and all the players here that are currently playing this game. Salute to you all!
    (25)
    Last edited by Skizzle; 09-06-2015 at 08:21 AM.

I'm pretty sure the only reason "2.0" wouldn't be possible is because they don't want to have FFXI and FFXIV competing with each other. From a developmental stand point, it's more than possible, that's kind of what the mobile client is, but a grand overhaul like XIV 1.x > ARR? I doubt they'd dedicate that much resources to it given the prior reasoning. If anything I'd support a remake or overhaul of XI in a heartbeat over XIV.
    (7)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Player
    They don't care about XI anymore, just the way it is. It's done.

XIV isn't doing very well but they will try to stick with that formula because if nothing else they can milk people with the cash shop.
    (2)

Character
    Skizzle
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 70
    Well let the players decide? All it takes is one kickstarter from SE.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzle View Post
    Well let the players decide? All it takes is one kickstarter from SE.
    Kickstarter is not a magic bullet. This is a business, not some guy in a garage with some knicknack he needs to start a small production run or some artist with a crappy movie idea. The payroll expenses alone in keeping a staff of programmers would come to several hundred thousand dollars PER YEAR. You think Kickstarter is going to pull in several hundred thousand from a 13 year old niche game with a shrinking player base?
    (1)

Character
    Skizzle
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 70
    Not really but something from SE to show they can meet us half way? They have the funds and if there is a market for something why wouldnt they persue? So lets see they went out and said ok we need to raise 250 000 USD from the players and we will start to work on a new FFXI 2.0 for the players. Thats very easy to see if there is a loyal customer group or not. If they see that ok the community and players raised 250k now we must do our part and fund the rest and make the game happen. Kinda thats how i view it.
    (1)

Character
    Allestra
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hello Skizzle, I have read some of your thoughts in the ffxiv forums. (I am always there suggesting housing improvements regardless of what others think.. lol (I know I know...)

I have subscribed to ffxi for over a decade straight now, as well.

Anywayyyy!...imo, ffxi would of been wise to add the massive amounts of qol changes we have seen in the past couple years...many many years ago.

Any upgrading of hardware to improve in game functioning/appearance also would have had to be initiated years ago ...before so many left the game in order to maintain a healthy population now and a profitable enough one. Ffxi stayed very stagnant for too long in these areas. They counted on blind addiction to carry them through which sadly...has now caught up with the game.

I do however have no problems subscribing to both ffxi and ffxiv, even as a long time ffxi player, I enjoy ffxiv as much as ffxi, they appeal to very different sides of me.
    I crave variety in gaming so for me having both (and others) is just right. Not one game imo is the best.

BUT none of this is meant to belittle your plea to SE in any way!!!

I completely understand the bond that we all have with this game, the memories alone are enough reason to ask for the game to live on. Im just uncertain any plea will do any good.

I have no interest at all in being a "hardcore" player in ffxi nor ffxiv, which may be why I enjoy both.

There are aspects of ffxi that are far superior to ffxiv for me ...and on the flip side, ffxiv has aspects that far exceed ffxi too. I take each one for the aspects I enjoy, and not try to pretend one is the same as the other or better then the other.

Although there are people that love the game, i think its simply not profitable enough any longer..I could be 100% wrong but looking at the population in game, I just cant see it being as lucrtitive as they need it to be now that ffxiv is in motion.

Again Im not saying that to imply its better, im just saying its more then likely more profitable.

Im not privy to any of SE true reasoning for stopping the major updates in Nov..all I can assume is that the population numbers cant warrant the resources to add more content, and when they are eventually forced to upgrade (due to hardware age alone), the cost may be too much in comparison to what the game nets idk , none of us do, thats just a guess.

I think we are probably fortunate they intend on keeping the pc version at least functionable. I have a lot of things to still do in ffxi, and am glad they are going to be keeping the servers running for hopefully many years yet ..new content or not

Every game has its glory days, and glory days never last forever, its just a fact..ffxiv will die down too, its a guarantee, ffxi suffered this many years ago already.

It would be great if they could keep the content flowing and keep growing the game, Any of us who still sub. after this many years obviously love the game (for our own reasons) and its not always about difficulty level or challenge. Its not only hard core players that have loved and supported the game (far from it) for over the decade +

At any rate, I hope you see a result from your plea.

I can sense the actual craving you have for the type of content ffxi has offered over the years. I dont think you will find that nowadays in other games. I do think this is your last hope for a game that satisfies your particular gaming needs. Who knows!! maybe they will surprise us all
    (2)
    Last edited by Allestra; 09-06-2015 at 08:27 PM.

Character
    Skizzle
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 70
    Allestra: I wish it was that simple but I'm curious to why its not possible at all? They have 2 MMORPGS up at the same time and they can continue to do so. One that caters to casuals and people from WoW who love handouts and one MMORPG thats a bit midhardcore and hardcore like FFXI was. FFXIV still makes Abyssea and Seekers look hard xD.

I'm thinking if the Moderators hear our plea and actually bringing it up to the table for discussion it can go somewhere. Instead of flagging plush toys like on the FFXIV forums haha as if thats what we all want and we play FFXIV for irl plush toys xD.
    (1)

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I wish SE would take a risk with this game but instead they're taking the easy way out, they're not trying to attract more players with their grand ending storyline, they're just saying its over and they dont do anything to try and save ffxi. Its almost as if they hope that the playerbase will get so low that they can merge everything on 2 servers and then eventually pull the plug.
    Why not do merges now? Why not cater to people who like xi and xiv by giving a fee reduction for playing both games? Why are they being so vague on whats gonna happen after november? Why the recent ban waves with the end being near? (bit off topic but what's gonna happen to monstrosity ;_; )
    (3)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzle View Post
    Not really but something from SE to show they can meet us half way? They have the funds and if there is a market for something why wouldnt they persue? So lets see they went out and said ok we need to raise 250 000 USD from the players and we will start to work on a new FFXI 2.0 for the players. Thats very easy to see if there is a loyal customer group or not. If they see that ok the community and players raised 250k now we must do our part and fund the rest and make the game happen. Kinda thats how i view it.
    See, here's the thing.... There isn't a market. SE is a business. They collect and analyze business metrics, and if they thought it was financially viable to continue propping up the game they would. They're not just stopping new content updates for the heck of it. They ALREADY KNOW this would displease some people. Why do you people think they just woke up one day and said "Hey, let's just stop making new content. I'm pretty sure nobody will care."

Some rinky-dink Kickstarter campaign isn't us meeting them halfway... it's more like a little girl presenting her piggy bank to help her parents pay off a large medical bill.

And the game isn't shutting down. They're stopping content updates. There's still a crapload of stuff left to do.
    (0)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast