Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I saw that thread, theres one on BG too. Just makes me smile to see people finally waking up and smelling the coffee. Maybe it will mean they will actually create good content, but in reality the masses just eats up all the fluff and minion from cash shop!
    (3)

He has enough sheep to keep doing less and making a ton of money for it. XIV not doing well China and Korea is TBD. XIV is a fine MMO for what it is..but after what they've done with XI, nostalgia aside...they could do so much more than they're doing. That's why I'd support a "XI revamp" in a heartbeat if all it means is adding more modern features (like they're actually doing), higher res textures and continued support.
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Billnes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I have 14 installed on the same system that I use for 11 (Dell Optiplex 760). Even though I have a 1/2 Tb HDD, I decided to uninstall 14. I let my free trial expire and I refuse to pay for 14 with the Crysta that I use to pay for 11. Because I have no payment method selected for 14, I can't even log in. My current system is only Core 2 Duo E730 - Wolfdale. The ATI Radeon HD 3450 card inside of it is too weak to run 14 adequately anyway. So, long-story-short: Poof. Bye-bye.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    lol the XIV bashing/resentment continues. Hyperbole much?

Look, I want a major XI update/revamp/remake/whatever just as much as anyone else here, but linking to a couple salty XIV players wanting a shift in progression isn't going to make that happen. Whether you want to admit it or not, the game is doing well for them (china aside, perhaps, but I don't think anyone expected much from it there in the first place)and they're probably going to keep channeling their effort into what is making them the most money. They're a business, and businesses need to make money or they will die and we will never get another final fantasy. (Okay, so that was hyperbole too.) You would do it to if you were on their senior staff. Even an HD remake of FFXI would not likely sell as well or make as much- So can you really fault them that much for not going a route that doesn't make much business sense?

Just makes me smile to see people finally waking up and smelling the coffee. Maybe it will mean they will actually create good content, but in reality the masses just eats up all the fluff and minion from cash shop!
    I dont see any of this waking up and smelling coffee. There's about the same number of "turn XIV into XI 2" -ish threads and posts now as there was when the game first came out. My post count here should indicate very well to you how much time I spend looking at the forums, so I should know.

higher res textures
    It's funny, I pushed for a few specific things to get a resolution increase and they did it... I had hoped it was part of a trend to upgrade the texture resolution across more of the game, but much to my dismay it never happened =\
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-17-2015 at 03:23 PM.

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Even an HD remake of FFXI would not likely sell as well or make as much- So can you really fault them that much for not going a route that doesn't make much business sense?
    Yet they are HDing FFXII soon.... Good point.

I dont see any of this waking up and smelling coffee. There's about the same number of "turn XIV into XI 2" -ish threads and posts now as there was when the game first came out. My post count here should indicate very well to you how much time I spend looking at the forums, so I should know.
    It isn't the only forum and trust me people are dropping like flies. You can tell because a game like that is prone to those types of actions due to their content progression. Most sub only for patches and then unsub to the next one.
    (2)

Player
    Alhanelem, you cannot not see that there is a problem with FFXIV. Posts have been popping left and right on the OF and on other forums with a lot of people complaining about the state of the game and/or leaving for good and it keeps growing each day.

Regarding FFXI, it seems that all they want now is for it to die slowly. Maybe, just maybe, if we and enough people keep playing after November they will realize that there are still things to do with this beautiful game.
    They could even rerelease a revamped FFXI as a new game, with all the content we have now and expand on the things we are missing: the Far East, Rhazowa, Olzhirya, the Island of Tsahya, the Island of Garhada...

Here's a video from TGS 2015, I guess with the song we can expect to hear in the final chapter of RoV (along with our "lalala's" ):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfRQOEfd1pc
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Draylo, if what you said was a rule, then WoW would have died years ago. It's still here, and not all that much worse for wear.

Yet they are HDing FFXII soon.... Good point.
    FFXII is not an MMORPG. Let's list all the HD remakes of old MMORPGs out there.... .... ........ Whoops, there aren't any. Well,there are some MMOs that have undergone visual enhancements over the years, because they are on PC and it's easy to keep up with the times. But there has never been an MMORPG that has had a remake- because generally there's no reason to- MMOs just live on and on untili they don't anymore. XI is kind of special here because it was on a console which impeded any possibility of major audiovisual improvements.

It isn't the only forum and trust me people are dropping like flies.
    People are not "dropping like flies." Besides that, somebody posting they want to see XYZ thing changed doesn't mean they're quitting the game.

Alhanelem, you cannot not see that there is a problem with FFXIV.
    Every game has problems. FFXI has problems. FFXIV has problems. Everquest (and II and NEXT) has problems. ESO has problems. They ALL have problems. None of these games are perfect, and for all the time FFXI has taken up in my life for the last 12 years, it's not problem free either. There have been complaint threads on this very forum up the wazoo since the day it opened.

This is where you learn: People come to forums to complain. That's practically what they're for. Think about it. Compare the number of times you've visited an official game's forum specifically to lavish it with praise. It just doesn't happen that often compared to complaints (and requests for help). Why? A problem is generally the driving factor that brings you to a forum.

You can not judge the state of FFXIV from reading the forums any better than this game. It is not a reliable indicator.

The bias for XI and against XIV here is more incredible than the biases I've seen on any internet forum I've ever been on.

You on XI:"maybe, just maybe if we and enough people keep playing after november..." "...this wonderful game..."
    You on XIV: "ppl keep posting about leaving for good ... it keeps growing each day..."

You love XI, so you're biased towards hoping for a better future, which clouds your vision of what is happening/what will happen
    You dont' love XIV and you see it as destructive to what you love, thus you have a bias against it that clouds your vision of what's actually happening

I've been on this forum since it was created. I saw "I quit" threads here just as often. Ironically, the ones that actually post about quitting tend to actually keep playing. Most people who quit playing a game don't post to announce it. I've seen multiple I quit threads on multiple game forums, where I saw the allegedly quitting player in the game the next day (and week... and month...)

I love both games. I'm still posting here. I still play XI (Maybe not as often as I used to, but I still do). I also play XIV and love that too, for different reasons.. I should just paint a huge target all over my body for how much I'm going to be targeted with hate just for commenting on this.

Should I be suprised to see heavy anti-XIV sentiment here? Of course not. People here understandably consider it the bane of XI's existence. But that doesn't mean you have to irraitonally hate and paint a biased picture of what's actually happening.

(Perhaps I'll scour both forums and calculate the percentage of quit threads to other threads. I'm absolutely certain it will be similar on both boards. but that will take a long time to do)
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-17-2015 at 05:45 PM.

Player
    People have been coming to FFXIV OF to praise Yoshida for almost two years, destroying anyone who was complaining about anything in the game. Since the release of Heavensward, things are changing and there are more and more people with low post counts who actually come and say what is wrong because they want FFXIV to get better, just like I was hoping it would get better when I was still playing. The white knights with thousands of posts (they've been so busy ingame with the huge amount of content) are now overwhelmed. And I am not only taking the forum as an example, I'm speaking with friends who are still on XIV, bored to death and looking for another MMO or just left during the last few weeks.

XI will slowly die and we will probably never get a 2.0 and in the end, XIV will destroy itself if they don't change their vision and SE will find themselves without XI and without XIV.

But you have a point, I don't love XIV and anything it represents and I'm actually quite happy about what is happening right now over there, you don't manipulate people for that long without any damage.
    (4)

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Draylo, if what you said was a rule, then WoW would have died years ago. It's still here, and not all that much worse for wear.
    Thing is, the difference in WoW and most modern mmos is WoW did something that was different. All these mmos to come out in the last 10 years just try to copy WoW and end up dying off. The only thing that'll kill WoW is WoW. But a mmo like XIV (can't really call it a mmo, more like a facebook/mobile game you log into for an hour and finish everything for the day... ), with its lack of content and focus on vanity stuff rather than actual mmo content, could easily die out if something new and shiny with variety is released.

That's all it'll take to decimate XIV's population. Theres no staying power, especially since it encourages you to be solo and DF everything, theres no reason to make friends. The only reason it hasn't died yet is because it has FF in the title, without that, it would have disappeared a year ago, like the countless other generic mmos in the last 10 years. So you can't really compare a behemoth like WoW that brought something different to the table, with all these watered down wannabe WoW mmos.

Theres no real reason to continuously sub to XIV month after month either, so that's a loss in money for SE, since a lot of people do that. You can come back, do the MSQ in an hour or two, unlock the 2 dungeons and 1 raid that just replaced the last 2 dungeons and 1 raid, then quit until the next update and never be behind, because even if you joined today, you could hit cap and be in full i180 before your trial month is up.
    (4)
    Last edited by Obysuca; 09-17-2015 at 07:22 PM.

Character
    Bizniztyme
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Obysuca View Post
    The only reason it hasn't died yet is because it has FF in the title
    Uh.......This reason didn't do anything for it's original incarnation so this argument has no leg to stand on.

Also, yes, there are people who only do one thing in the game so they run out of things to do so they have no reason to sub month to month but don't be saying that's for everyone. You can hate on the game all you want but there are plenty of things to do in XIV to a variety of people that keep them subbing month to month.
    (0)
    Last edited by Bizniztyme; 09-17-2015 at 10:55 PM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast