Character
    Jeanpaul
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99

Status Resistance

In light of recent official responses clarifying values on many supportive and enfeebling abilities, I was wondering if we could get clarification on a few status ailment and resistance values?

1) I've heard that the "Resist" traits most jobs carry cap at a flat 30% at level 99, and that the trait Tenacity caps at 15% for a RUN. Is this true, and what statuses does Tenacity cover? Do pieces of gear with "Resistance to all status ailments" (such as Hearty Earring) function like Tenacity?
    2) I've estimated that Pflug offers 15% resistance to statuses based on the runes used. The merits grant an additional 1% per rune per merit, and I'm speculating that Runeist Boots +1 offer another 2% per rune. This would allow a RUN to acquire as much as +66% resistance, and a person using RUN as a subjob to acquire +30%. Is this true, and do Pflug resistances apply to all ailments associated by element, or just specific ones? An example to this would be using Sulpor to resist Poison and also Attack Down.
    3) How much status resistance do we get from the status Barspells, and do things like MND or Enhancing Magic help in any way?
    4) The status ailment Terror seems very accurate from some sources (such as Wyrms). Some players have claimed that the element associated with Terror varies by the source, including blue magic spells. Are we overlooking something, or are these attacks designed to be extremely accurate?
    5) How do bonuses from spells, abilities, traits, and gear calculate together? Are there caps to status resistances?
    6) edit: Similar to question 4, does instant KO from the spell Death and perhaps certain WSs (such as Peridition) have a chance at being resisted from anything other than gear with "Resist Death" on it? I've heard that the WSs are 100% accurate.

Thank you in advance!
    (3)
    Last edited by JeanPaul; 09-05-2015 at 03:34 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'll try to answer best of what I know from what I've read and seen....

1) the "resist" traits are a separate system than normal resistance (note the differences in the messages you get ie the Resist! You resisted the effects of blah). It seems to be a flat rate based on innate traits and gear that boost it and I don't think anyone has found a cap per se though there is a limit based largely on how little there is to enhance it. The amounts you listed I believe were based on some loose testing on just the job traits themselves. Tenacity should work on everything though it might just work on things that have a trait. As far as the resistance to status ailments honestly not sure. Would be easy to test though via message.

2) As far as numbers no idea given I've seen much lower on high lvl stuff I'd say it probably utilizes normal resistance so mileage will vary based on differences between mob macc and your meva. As far as what it resists it might be specific but so far for me it's seemed to help on everything that can be resisted without a trait proc that I've seen.... which is just about everything besides death I think.

3) No idea on the value don't think anyone has done serious testing on it since testing meva is a huge pain. However based on potency overwriting (or not) you can see that enhancing helps it like barelement spells. It wouldn't be too big of an assumption to assume it probably uses the same numbers as barelement

4) I think they are meant to be fairly accurate possibly meant for you to find a way to work around them. As far as elements go that's a tricky question as it seems like they can have more than 1 element. Like the spell/ability itself can have 1 element which seems to be used for resistance of the spell itself but for the status itself like for magian trials which seems to have to be for the resistance of the debuff itself. From what I remember resistance of additional effects are based on debuff element while direct effects on the element of the spell. For example all absorb spells are dark and resistance is based on dark element but for say magian trials they count as different ones based on the stat. For some say regurgitation the element is water and the dmg is water and the resistance to the dmg is water but the bind is clearly ice (ie you can't land it on fire elementals). For the status of terror itself it seems to have no element based on magian trials so it's quite possible though not sure if it was proven if resistance is based on it. easy way to check I guess would be against elementals. If it has no resist element that would probably help explain why it tends to be so accurate. Possibly completely ignores the magic hit rate check

5) Resist traits and enhance resist effect gear seem to add up for a set resist rate that I believe is factored first and is just strait rate. Doesn't seem to be a cap but highly limited in how much you can get. Then things like elemental resistance and barspell and dstat seem to add up to meva and follow the normal magic hit rate formula. No cap per se but once your meva gets high enough over the mobs macc it wont increase resist rate anymore similarly if you are way lower you wont get off the resist rate floor. Don't think it's been tested which group abilities like pflug (actually isn't pflug the only ability that does that?) but I'd suspect it's like barspell

6) Already went over it a bit but from what I've seen Death moves from mobs just aren't resistable outside of resist death stats. No amount of meva or lvls will stop it. Possibly is like terror. Though I haven't tested to see if run can resist. If it's from a physical attack (either move or just additional effect from hit) a shield block should stop it though.
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-05-2015 at 06:32 AM.

Character
    Jeanpaul
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    That's excellent input. I'm hoping for a dev response with exact values like how they did with parrying and RDM and GEO spells.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'd heard (a very long time ago) that barspells merely reduce duration of the associated effect, rather than give a chance to resist it entirely, but that could be totally wrong. I really have no idea lol.
    (0)

Character
    Deeedo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Necro bump
    (1)