Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Elemental Capacities

So been looking into making different auto builds and been noticing that we can hardly equip more than 1-2 higher tier attachments of an element.

I know SE said something like git gud with gifts and only use high tier but the more I think about it the more that seems like total BS with some builds. Like for example blm build... almost everything you want is ice: mab, macc (which is weird since it's generally a stat associated with dark), mbb, lower recast time, mp cost reduction. Forget not being able to use lower tier attachments we can't even use just 1 of each of a certain type for a build. It's even sillier when you consider that even if you could say equip all 4 loudspeakers it wouldn't be OP at all

It also seems rather wasteful and poor design to have a ton of attachments that would be at least somewhat useful for a particular build but you can't because you've maxed out that element but then leave several elements empty because there is nothing useful at all in them.

tl;dr the whole concept of highly limiting what attachments you can use by element is incredibly outdated and needs fixing
    (4)

Character
    Pikachuninetail
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Your forgetting your own dmg output. Puppet Master is not one but two fighters into one plus your auto has the ability to be a rdm,blm,whm,pld,war, and rng! You literally have 6 jobs at your desposal, plus attachments to improve your auto to be nearly as powerful as the job itself.

So why are they limiting how many attachments you can put on a single element? Balancing.

Think about it, if your auto could equip every single ice attachment, your auto would have power to equal if not greater than a blm and PLUS your dmg output would make the two of you combined an OP team.

You can imagine the outrage of blm everywhere when they see an auto do more dmg than them. they'd be livid!

Remember, your auto is there as your support, NOT your job.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    ...You're kidding, right? I mean, seriously. Even if you could "equip all X attachments at once," which I don't think people are asking for, you'd find that even with those buffs the automaton would be less effective in a situation in which you're using both the master and the pet at once. It's the same situation BST is about to face now, and one that they're being forced into as opposed to the choice for PUPs: if you're in the frontline, you'd have to focus on hybridization, which is going to severely hinder your offensive capabilities. You talk about a BLM automaton able to "equip all of the BLM attachments," but then you have to consider that you still have to gear for it. You'd need pet: MAB, and pet: M.acc gear as well. And in the slots in which you're wearing those, you're wearing pieces that don't benefit the master at all when it comes to being a frontliner, reducing your damage output noticeably, especially when your accuracy drops to the point that you're whiffing and might as well have been better on the backline. The same goes for pet: (ranged)Attack/(ranged)Accuracy/TP Bonus/etc gear; because you're swapping to gear that's focused on your pet, you're losing gear that's focused on your master, and thus your DPS plummets for one or the other.

While you may be "two fighters in one," this is only at its most viable on fodder or mobs that are considered low-threat. When it comes to end game, for example, you don't want both your puppet in melee along with your master; an AoE would do huge damage to one or the other unless you want to wear both DT gear and fulltime three maneuvers to resist attacks, at which point both of you have your DPS plummet. If you want to keep your pet in the backline, say, nuking, while you melee, then you'll have to suffer their lowered M.acc and MAB because you're focusing on keeping yourself alive and switching over to your pet gear will mean that suddenly you're wide open for taking damage yourself. The only time in which the "two as one" paradigm is valid is when you have a healer automaton that you don't really need pet gear for, so you can focus on fighting in the frontline. Until they add more hybridization of gear that functions for both master and pet at the same time effectively, then except in cases of low AoE attacks or pure fodder, PUP is going to be doing the same as BST was, albeit with less Ready spamming: stay on the backline and have their pet do all the work while they focus on pet gear.
    (3)
    Last edited by Kensagaku; 09-11-2015 at 02:14 PM.
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'm not forgetting my own dmg output. But I wasn't referring to solo play but party play where such things are ineffective to say the least.

And I'm not asking for all ice attachments (though I seriously doubt that would make auto better than blm unless it was completely unbuffed I mean the KKK pup in my ls was excited to do a 10k MB on the same mobs blms are doing 99999) just a reasonable amount. and anyways you can't just do to the total limit of attachments. Right now you can literally fill elemental capacity up just equipping 2 to 3 of the 12 ice attachments that you'd realistically consider using for blm auto (note there are a couple others that you could use but might not want to). Being able to equip like 6 or so isn't unreasonable especially given how few other useful ones there are for the build.
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-12-2015 at 07:18 AM.

Currently we have no plans to increase the elemental capacity.

The attachments that were added in the August version update have had their elemental values set to match their higher effects. If you are reaching the elemental capacity maximum value when using these new attachments, we would like you to explore different combinations of attachments and also strive to unlock the Gift that increases your automaton’s elemental capacity.
    (2)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The problem is even with max gifts on some builds that isn't really possible. You are left with a few elements being full and "exploring different combinations" really means putting on ones that either have no or little use.

Blm model again for example... there is nothing they'd want from fire, wind, thunder or earth. There is like 1 water and with the maneuver update that's even debateable. 1 light. And a couple dark that aren't even that necessary. So what you are going to do is equip 2-3 ice ones that help (not even 1 of each type you'd want even) and then fill it in with some marginally useful to probably does nothing stuff.

Rng build is going to want some fire and wind but not a lot else.

And when you make it so 2-3 can completely cap an element it kind of takes away the point of even having specialized frames. I mean what's the point of having a nuker if you basically are forced to equip random other stuff like tanking things. Or for a tank if you have to equip some DD stuff or if I range has to equip some tanking stuff? What you end up with is pets that become fairly similar stat wise with mostly AI differences
    (3)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-18-2015 at 09:55 AM.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Um , starting to doubt you even pup...
    blm
    earth = armor plate = less damage if your auto gets hit
    wind = eva = less chance of being hit

rng will want fire, thunder (crit rate/da rate), wind, earth (dmg taken), light (hp/regen/optic fiber?), water (magic dmg)
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Um yeah I do but I was talking endgame group play with a tank where you aren't necessarily making your blm and rng autos melee like when it's not to safe to position and/or mob moves some or it's AoEs are short range or you are fighting something evasion enough where you might not be able to hit it while focusing on racc or macc to hit with your primary dmg source.

Or you just want to actually focus on a role. Wasn't trying to say no other attachments are useful at all just often if you really had a choice between mdb and some mab you'd chose mab most the time for blm auto just because that is more of what you are trying to do and you don't absolutely need the mdb for your pet to survive... and doesn't hurt that you getting more out of the mab due to using predominately ice maneuvers. But you can't so you settle for other stuff

Anyways Half of those things you listed lose a lot of what makes them great if you aren't meleeing. AP is fairly narrow anyways if you are using a tank. Most AoEs that you care about are magical after all and a decent amount of physical are short ranged and/or conal. And evasion is useless in all high ilvl stuff for every job regardless of the buffs and/debuffs. Might be great for those solos but not on things where you'd want a tank of some kind. SE hates evasion tanking for some reason
    (2)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-24-2015 at 02:00 AM.