Character
    Kisaragie
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Despoil Broken with Despoil Job Point

I use Despoil to farm items for my crafting. I recently put 2 Job Points into Despoil and after about 2 hours Despoil back to back it will either Steal TP 95% or Steal an Item 5% not both, it is very frustrating to wait 5 minutes and only steal TP when it could have been an item. If you cannot fix it then give an option to remove Job Points.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I don't think this is a bug. As much as Steal can, Despoil -can- miss. Basically, as I recall (though it's been a little bit since I last played my THF), the TP drain only activates when your steal fails. So the game checks first to see if your Despoil lands and, if not, then it drains TP instead. This is me going off of my memory, however, so if anyone wants to confirm this as a bug and prove me mistaken, feel free. If it's a bug, I'd like to see it fixed as much as anything. o.o

Edit: As a side note, you're going to want to use their template, or they won't even look at this.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well they have it so you can mug and get hp and gil. They should really switch it so despoil and steal still steal buffs and tp even if you get an item.
    (1)

Character
    Kisaragie
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    My Despoil was stealing a decent amount 90% success rate its almost down to 4%~1% on the same enemy.

How do you use templates?
    (0)

Despoil is setup in a way so that when it misses, it’ll steal TP from your target. The process that steals an item occurs before the process that steals TP, therefore the rate at which items are stolen has not been adjusted and this ability is working as intended.
    (4)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Carcer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    @tech: the bug report template. Every so often someone reports a bug in a regular forum post like this one and the usual response is "please report this in the bug report forums using the proper template." I believe in that sub-forum there's a sticky with what they ask for.
    (0)