Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Is there a policy with FFXI where some additional effects are intended to be obfuscated from players? I have just started playing FFXIV and I know it's a separate game but it seems many of the conveniences/quality of life concepts FFXI is getting lately are inherited from FFXIV. That being said, would it be iconoclastic to have more transparent tool tips like FFXIV's does, where's there's no ambiguity of secondary effects? This isn't to say that the bonuses/potencies/properties should be listed, but at least MAJOR effects could be listed or more descriptive. The logic behind this is, many abilities have non-obvious attributes that are WELL KNOWN, and for newish players these might not be obvious. Additionally, some attributes were added to existing abilities but their help text were never updated to reflect the change (i.e. Cover reducing enmity of a target party member).

High Jump (Currently)
    Performs a high jumping attack on enemy.

High Jump (After)
    Performs a high jumping attack on enemy. Additional Effect: Reduces the target's enmity towards you.

Super Jump (Currently)
    Performs a super jump.

Super Jump (After)
    Performs a super jump that removes you from targetable range.

Spirit Link (Currently)
    Sacrifices own HP to heal Wyvern's HP.

Spirit Link (After)
    Sacrifices own HP to heal Wyvern's HP. Additional effect: Removes a detrimental effect.

If other people want to chime in and put ones for their jobs. I just did DRG's because it's the easiest to call to mind.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 08-27-2015 at 02:11 AM.

Player
    Trick Attack (Currently)
    Deals extra damage when striking from behind a party or alliance member.

Trick Attack (After)
    Deals extra damage when striking from behind a party or alliance member and transfers enmity to them.

Bully (Currently)
    Intimidates target.

Bully (After)
    Intimidates target and allows Sneak Attack to deal critical damage from any direction.
    (2)

Player
    Burst Affinity (Currently)
    While in effect, enables magical blue magic to Magic Burst.

Burst Affinity (After)
    While in effect, enables magical blue magic to Magic Burst and enhances damage.

Enlight (Currently)
    Adds light damage to your attacks.

Enlight (After)
    Adds light damage to your attacks and increases accuracy. Accuracy bonus diminishes with every attack.

Endark (Currently)
    Adds dark damage to your attacks.

Endark (After)
    Adds dark damage to your attacks and increases attack. Attack bonus diminishes with every attack.

Cover (Before)
    Allows you to protect party members by placing yourself between them and the enemy.

Cover (After)
    Allows you to protect party members by placing yourself between them and the enemy. *Additional effect: Reduces target party member's enmity.
    *Note: This was added in a patch several years ago and many people overlooked it or forgot about it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 08-27-2015 at 02:10 AM.

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Not sure what to make of this but, Gendewithia body has an oddity in that you see "Gendewitha bliaut +1" when you hover over the item, but the item itself says "Gende. Bilaut +1" Why does it change from Bliaut to Bilaut?
    (0)

Character
    Suteru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Description for Terpsichore is wrong. There's no need for the I~V after "Augments Steps (step augment doesn't change).
    (0)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Tortilla Bueno should be Tortilla Buena.

Kasuga Kote +1 listed agi is incorrect, it says Agi +11 when the JP text says agi +13.
    (0)

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    In the item description for the Sakonji Kote +1, Meditate is incorrectly spelt as "Medidate".
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Might not be a mistake but was it intentional for reforged WHM empyrean body to change from Bliaud to Briault?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    Might not be a mistake but was it intentional for reforged WHM empyrean body to change from Bliaud to Briault?
    Does it also still have a blank line on the first page but run onto a secon page?
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    This sounds fine to me! That's all the base ability does as far as I'm aware.
    It looks like I was wrong about the current effects of Enlightenment. When I activate it naked now, it not only provides access to all addenda spells, it also raises all SCH's native magic skill levels to the levels they would be under their corresponding arts. Swapping between arts while Enlightenment is active has no effect on my skill levels. When enlightenment wears, I can see all skills opposite of my current arts drop. I can't find documentation of this on either major wiki. Was it changed at some point? Can anyone else confirm this? I'm just looking at the skill levels listed in the menu.

In any case, I still think the Optimizes text is misleading, or at least inconsistent with the Light Arts and Dark Arts descriptions. They both contain the "Optimizes" sentence, then go on to list the magic skills that are increased. So I assume the first sentence refers to the reduced casting times, recast times and MP costs, and Enlightenment is definitely not providing those right now.

So perhaps to be complete and consistent, the Enlightenment description should be something like: "For your next spell, allows access to both addenda and grants a bonus to divine, healing, enhancing, enfeebling, elemental and dark magic."
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast