Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by radarbabyeater View Post
    Another example, the Lifestream Cape, reads:

Enhances "Fast Cast" Effect

But we all know it's "Fast Cast"+7%. Why doesn't it say that? There's so much equipment in the game (a lot of it is from the earlier years of the life of the game) that has the ambiguous ol' "Enhances" or "Augments" prefix that doesn't help anyone figure out anything about how the article in question is being enhanced or augmented.

Please save my sanity and fix it.
    This. It's stupid that I have to use a third party site to compare gear because the game doesn't tell me what the gear does. God forbid BGwiki ever goes down.
    (2)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Cipher: Amchuchu is misspelled "Chiper."

The text also pokes out in the menu where you purchase it from the Peacekeeper NPC.
    (0)
    Last edited by detlef; 10-24-2015 at 05:15 AM.

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The Blue Mage spell "Saurian Slide" has an incorrect tooltip. The additional effect says "Decreases defense" but it's actually -25% attack down to the target.
    (0)

Character
    Johnb
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    The OP doesn't seem to be checking this forum this month.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb View Post
    The OP doesn't seem to be checking this forum this month.
    Well, there's a new patch about 2 weeks away. He's busy localizing the new text from that patch. COnsidering it's a big patch introducing a whole chapter of Rhapsodies missions, I imagine that puts a crunch on his free time.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Dev Team
    Hi everyone!

Today is the last day that I can make changes for the November patch, and I've gone ahead and fixed everything I could. Some of these I was unable to, particularly those related to intentional ambiguities in item help text. There are a couple reasons for this, the biggest among them being whether or not it would be worth it for the devs to spend their limited time combing through nearly 14 years worth of items to adjust all the help text. In an ideal world, we could, but we feel our time could be better spent bringing you new content.

If there's anything else you want me to fix, let me know and I'll sneak in what I can.

Regards,

Unelonborro
    Localization Lead
    (4)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

What About After the Time of the Nov. Update plus the Big Patch?

Hello! Unelonborro

Would there any more time to being open and free'er for the dev's to come back and fix the text's after that point has passed? Would or could they be considered minor updates after that point?

{Hope these were a great question from me Unelonborro who still play's on both my Yogorock and Blondele Character's moving from Remora onto merged Leviathan servers since about around 2004!} Love the idealistic thread you've created too!!
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 11-02-2015 at 01:12 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Is this a glitch/bug of ring inside of the game or is it means to be something else??

Here is my question Unelonborro.

While being on my YoGoRock character wearing The Botulus suit +1's I obtained from the Halloween Costume Judging contest event and upon using the Dispense: Gooey Love enchantment, it Gave me a ring called: Caster's Ring. Now my question is this ring really an existing game glitch or bug for armor on the fingers area of rings because it has no stats/text of stat's except for Showing and Saying: Caster's Ring, Rare/ex, below it is [Ring] All Races and below that is blank space and below that is Lv.1 All Jobs.

Now my next question would be why would such a ring exist when there is really nothing to it into having it inside the game especially in the ring slot where it doesn't show up for appearances on your character's body Like gears in the head, body, hands, legs, feet slots would appear.

While writing this article peice on the ring I do recall I've received this ring once before on my blondelle character years ago, I believe even before the ffxi forums came into existence for us ffxi players to turn to but the thing I remember even though I don't recall How I came across to receiving this ring at that time, I do recall asking around such as members in the ls groups I was in and people around the server I played on asking them if they knew anything about this Caster's Ring I had obtained and None knew nothing about it, never even heard of it, and never had seen it before, didn't even know what it might be for, in which I believe I came to point where I ended up just tossing it out since it just seemed to be a piece of circular medal junk that basically looked like a copper ring, just taking up space in my storage or inventory slots that be more useful for space for other item's always seemingly to be tight on space as I always mostly was while on the server playing the game.

"Now you may be not able to actually anything about this but if you can't, Can you pass the word onto those that can look into it seeing what's up wiith it or if its a real glitch/bug of piece in the game or not Unelonborro-???
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 11-02-2015 at 05:09 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Minor spelling issue: Vanquish aquex. This appears as a RoE objective in Sylvie's unity. It's spelled acuex everywhere else.
    (0)

Character
    Nappy
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    Here is my question Unelonborro.

While being on my YoGoRock character wearing The Botulus suit +1's I obtained from the Halloween Costume Judging contest event and upon using the Dispense: Gooey Love enchantment, it Gave me a ring called: Caster's Ring. Now my question is this ring really an existing game glitch or bug for armor on the fingers area of rings because it has no stats/text of stat's except for Showing and Saying: Caster's Ring, Rare/ex, below it is [Ring] All Races and below that is blank space and below that is Lv.1 All Jobs.

Now my next question would be why would such a ring exist when there is really nothing to it into having it inside the game especially in the ring slot where it doesn't show up for appearances on your character's body Like gears in the head, body, hands, legs, feet slots would appear.

While writing this article peice on the ring I do recall I've received this ring once before on my blondelle character years ago, I believe even before the ffxi forums came into existence for us ffxi players to turn to but the thing I remember even though I don't recall How I came across to receiving this ring at that time, I do recall asking around such as members in the ls groups I was in and people around the server I played on asking them if they knew anything about this Caster's Ring I had obtained and None knew nothing about it, never even heard of it, and never had seen it before, didn't even know what it might be for, in which I believe I came to point where I ended up just tossing it out since it just seemed to be a piece of circular medal junk that basically looked like a copper ring, just taking up space in my storage or inventory slots that be more useful for space for other item's always seemingly to be tight on space as I always mostly was while on the server playing the game.

"Now you may be not able to actually anything about this but if you can't, Can you pass the word onto those that can look into it seeing what's up wiith it or if its a real glitch/bug of piece in the game or not Unelonborro-???

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Fit_for_a_Prince
    (0)
    Last edited by Nappy; 11-03-2015 at 08:43 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast