Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Dev Team

The Great Bug Fixing of 2015

Good day, everyone,

As you know, the final chapter in Rhapsodies of Vana'diel will be coming in a short time, and I'm excited beyond belief to help bring the conclusion of Iroha's saga to you. I hope you're also waiting with bated breath to learn what will happen next (trying to stay spoiler free here...)

With that said, I know that there are those who are going to come back in November specifically to experience the storyline in its entirety, and I'm making it my personal mission to make Vana'diel sparkle for their arrival.

And so I'd like to enlist your help. I know that there are some outstanding typos, bugs, and oddities with in-game text, and I'm working to root them out wherever I can. But there's a limit to what the team and I can accomplish on our own while continuing to translate and fulfill our other XI-related duties, so I'd like to ask for your help.

If you encounter any issues with text (unclear explanations, typos, and the like) or anything with naming that doesn't make sense ("Hey, Unelonborro, why are there two Bouncing Berthas?") please report it in this thread!

I cannot guarantee I'll be able to get to everything, especially once we get closer to the November release, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to try!

Regards,

Unelonborro
    Localization Lead
    (10)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    ("Hey, Unelonborro, why are there two Bouncing Berthas?")
    Actually why are there 2 Bouncing Berhas? Why is one a lizard and the other a chapuli!
    (0)

Dev Team
    As of September, there will only be one Bouncing Bertha! I've renamed the Wanted NM.
    (3)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Unelonborro View Post
    If you encounter any issues with text (unclear explanations, typos, and the like) or anything with naming that doesn't make sense ("Hey, Unelonborro, why are there two Bouncing Berthas?") please report it in this thread!
    While you're in the area Unelonborro, I noticed BouncingBertha parries attacks "...with his weapon." (The BST jugpet Bertha)

It should probably be "her."
    (1)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Someone has told me that if they are on BLU and swap their spells on floor 5 of Arrapago Remnants II so it is in the process of cooldown where you can't use blue magic, if he then goes to use the teleporter, it moves him straight to floor 7 and he said he was able to recreate this so has done it twice.

Does that belong here or does it need it's own bug report?
    (0)

6. 08-26-2015 02:41 AM

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Here you go making Vana'diel sparkle again Unelonborro! Thanks for this. The one that springs to mind is:

Enlightenment
    Ophannus created a thread about it here. The description says it optimizes both white and black magic capabilities, but it actually doesn't. It only gives access to one addendum spell. The word "Optimizes" is used in the description of Light Arts and Dark Arts. We assume the word refers to the decrease in casting time and MP cost of the associated spells, neither of which are conferred with Enlightenment. I think most SCHs would be elated if the ability were changed to fit the description, but if that can't happen I'd be happy with a fix to the text.
    (0)

Dev Team
    While you're in the area Unelonborro, I noticed BouncingBertha parries attacks "...with his weapon." (The BST jugpet Bertha)

It should probably be "her."
    I'll see if I can get this changed, but changing gender pronouns involves touching a part of the program that I don't have access to.

Someone has told me that if they are on BLU and swap their spells on floor 5 of Arrapago Remnants II so it is in the process of cooldown where you can't use blue magic, if he then goes to use the teleporter, it moves him straight to floor 7 and he said he was able to recreate this so has done it twice.
    That's...really specific, and unfortunately not something I can fix on my end. He's better off reporting the issue to the GMs so it can make its way over to QA.

Although, on the topic of blue magic, one time I was checking blue magic names for overflow and discovered that if I use debug commands to change my job to BLU while not in a Mog House, I'm unable to set blue magic until I zone. The more you know.

Ophannus created a thread about it here. The description says it optimizes both white and black magic capabilities, but it actually doesn't. It only gives access to one addendum spell. The word "Optimizes" is used in the description of Light Arts and Dark Arts. We assume the word refers to the decrease in casting time and MP cost of the associated spells, neither of which are conferred with Enlightenment. I think most SCHs would be elated if the ability were changed to fit the description, but if that can't happen I'd be happy with a fix to the text.
    I agree with you that the help text is a little weird. Here's what I've tentatively changed it to.

"Allows access to both addenda for your next spell, regardless of whether you are under the effect of Light Arts or Dark Arts."

Does this better capture the ability, or is there another way you think it should be worded? Definitely open to suggestions here.
    (2)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Unelonborro View Post
    "Allows access to both addenda for your next spell, regardless of whether you are under the effect of Light Arts or Dark Arts."

Does this better capture the ability, or is there another way you think it should be worded? Definitely open to suggestions here.
    This sounds fine to me! That's all the base ability does as far as I'm aware.
    (0)

Player
    1) "Terpsichore's description is wrong (the I~V after Augments Steps needs to be removed as the step augment doesn't change)"

and

2) "The description for every "Chance of additional effect" WS is misleading at best. What it means is that magic accuracy increases with TP, which may actually have no impact at all on the odds the additional effect will proc."

- Byrth

#1 may actually be a bug. Regardless of the augment level, it always gives 1 extra finishing move.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Puppetmaster reforged 109 and 119 Empyrean legs are called "Karaggoz", should be "Karagoz" (single g) like the rest of the set.
    Summoner reforged 119 empyrean legs miss the "+1" in the description. They have the same name as the 109 version. (this only happens in the full description of the item. In the menu they have the right name)

Pretty sure there was another description/name from reforged armor that was wrong but I can't remember which now...
    (0)
    Last edited by Zhronne; 08-27-2015 at 01:34 AM.
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast