Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Yeah on that quest but fact is it still remains basically a junk ring still to hold, am I right?
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    There's a small inconsistency with the item Sokushitsu Sune-ate.
    Can compare it with other items which have the same effect:
    Anchorite Gaiters
    Anchorite Gaiters +1
    Bhikku Gaiters
    Bhikku Gaiters +1
    Shukuyu Sune-ate

All these items increase the base damage of "Kick attacks" by the number close to the stat.
    The item calle Sokushitsu sune-ate only says "Kick attacks +85" instead of "Kick attacks attack +85" like every other item of the category, leading to thing it might be something different, whereas it's the same exact effect.
    I've personally tested it, and if my test isn't proof enough, the japanese description of these items is the same for all of them.

I'd like to see this fixed.
    Honestly, if you ask me, the most accurate description would be "Kick attacks damage +XX" or "kick attacks +XX".
    Writing "Kick attacks attack +XX" (which is the literal translation of the japanese text) can be a bit misleading, because it leads you to think it grants a +XX attack bonus to kick attacks, when they get executed. Which is wrong, because this stat doesn't give an attack bonus, but a base damage bonus.

Regardless of my personal consideration, it would be good if all these items could have the same description, whatever you may decide it to be, anything is fine as long as it's the same for all of them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zhronne; 11-06-2015 at 06:16 PM.
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

I have a bug report to file. Attempted to fix this on my own however to no avail. Error code FFXI 3001. Main char Silversan is stuck in misurex coast. I play on Xbox 360 and have tried every method recommended along with attempting to go on my laptop. Cannot log onto my main char but I can log onto my mule. When I go to log in my main char I get a time out message during the loading screen and error code 3001. Need assistance if possible please.
    (0)

Character
    Vashkoda
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Unelonborro View Post
    Hi everyone!

Today is the last day that I can make changes for the November patch, and I've gone ahead and fixed everything I could. Some of these I was unable to....
    I hope the afterglow effect text mistake gets fixed; not that it affects me personally all that much, but it's a pretty glaring error.

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    Yeah on that quest but fact is it still remains basically a junk ring still to hold, am I right?
    Back in the early days of the game, before they actually made it possible to pay for a wedding ceremony and get official wedding rings, those quest reward rings were a way for players to sign their names onto something and exchange them with their in-game "spouses", making them into "wedding rings" of a sorts. The gooey love enchantment seems to create any number of love related items (I've gotten wedding bells and red roses the two times I tried), so it kind of makes sense that these rings can also be a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Silversan View Post
    I have a bug report to file. Attempted to fix this on my own however to no avail. Error code FFXI 3001. Main char Silversan is stuck in misurex coast.
    I understand you're desperate for any kind of help, but this thread is for reporting localization errors (such as mistakes that occurred when the Japanese text was translated over to English). I'm not sure the dev who watches this thread can help you with what seems to be a glitch specific to your account or your system. You may need to actually call phone support, especially if the GMs in game haven't been able to help you. Otherwise, try reporting this as a bug in the bug thread, with more detailed information on how it happened.
    (0)

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Unelonborro View Post
    Hi everyone!

Today is the last day that I can make changes for the November patch, and I've gone ahead and fixed everything I could. Some of these I was unable to, particularly those related to intentional ambiguities in item help text. There are a couple reasons for this, the biggest among them being whether or not it would be worth it for the devs to spend their limited time combing through nearly 14 years worth of items to adjust all the help text. In an ideal world, we could, but we feel our time could be better spent bringing you new content.

If there's anything else you want me to fix, let me know and I'll sneak in what I can.

Regards,

Unelonborro
    Localization Lead
    Just noticed that you got the text changed on the Dunna! You rock, Unelonborro. Keep up the awesome work.
    (0)

Character
    Suteru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Divine Bullet Pouch is labelled Divine Bullet Quiver
    (0)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Blue Magic: Disseverment, does not list Accuracy Bonus level like other spells, should say (4). Nectarous Deluge has text w/o space "MND+8Job Trait: Beast Killer (8)" should have space between 8 and Job.
    (0)

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Since I'm on a SCH kick right now:

Siriti - Reads as: Enhances "Sublimation" effect... should read as "Sublimation"+1
    Savant's Earring - Reads as: Enhances "Sublimation" effect... should read as "Sublimation"+1
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

The November Goddess Gala's Websites Events timeline bars Calender Typo!

Yeah on the Vana'dial Goddess's Gala websites of its Dated by time periods in a bar Graph's november month's Calendar it has the November Log-in campaign listed as an October Log-in Campaign and it's a typo shown on that page and it's not exactly inside the game related needed fixes but thought i'd mention it none the less!
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Spyderhawk
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    A friend of mine is unable to progress further in 2 different story arcs, SoA and RoV, both missions require her to speak to the same npc, for a CS - which she is unable to trigger either of them. Her mission log for SoA is Undying Light and for RoV is Tears of the Generals. We've read the post about not being able to progress, She was on the Hades Fight at the time she got to the Tears of the General mission, so we beat Hades, she got her CS was ejected to Ceizak, and got a cs when she ran back to Western Adoulin - but Ploh will not talk to her or give her any new dialogue. So at this point, she's unabl to pick a ring for her final reward, or complete RoV, it's very frustrating, has anyone come across this, or know a fix. GM response would be nice.
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast