Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
    If you tried the battle in Those Who Lurk In Shadows III(that's in the Crystalline Prophecy), you wouldn't be saying that. It's one-against-four and even with all the item level gear(I have all of it, too), the best I could do is kill one of them before they overwhelmed me.
    Try using zombie tactics for situations like that. Put on Reraise, drag the mobs far away from spawn point. Kill as may as you can before you drop. Let them return to their spawn point. Reraise and recover. Put reraise on again, start the cycle over. Should get easier when you have fewer targets pounding you.

I'm not saying I'm opposed to allowing Trusts in these fights. Just trying to help.

As for Seed Crystal.... you can sub DNC (you really should if you're a melee trying to solo stuff) and stun Seed of Deference.
    (0)

Weakness from Reraise doubles your delay on spell casting, spell cooldown, and weapon swings. Getting reraised again before weakness wears makes your attacks do 0 damage. IIRC, that boss regenerates HP, and so do the monsters.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Getting reraised again before weakness wears makes your attacks do 0 damage.
    That only applies to magic attacks and ranged accuracy.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Weakness from Reraise doubles your delay on spell casting, spell cooldown, and weapon swings. Getting reraised again before weakness wears makes your attacks do 0 damage. IIRC, that boss regenerates HP, and so do the monsters.
    I know. It also cuts your max HP in half. That's why I said to recover after reraising.

Zombie tactics are for, specifically, fights of this sort against multiple enemies where you have a decent shot of taking one down before you die. Monsters can't regenerate from being dead.
    (0)

Character
    Fahzewn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    If you tried the battle in Those Who Lurk In Shadows III(that's in the Crystalline Prophecy), you wouldn't be saying that. It's one-against-four and even with all the item level gear(I have all of it, too), the best I could do is kill one of them before they overwhelmed me.
    I'm not trying to argue about the trusts being used when I ask but what sub were you using? Do you use Berserk/Aggressor or leave it off? Meds? Some of these could be your problem with soloing it.

It's very likely that I got extremely lucky on the 4-on-1 fight and the Seed fight but I was War/Sam and the 4-on-1 wasn't that bad really though chasing the Thf was annoying and the Seed fight left me in the very red and I think I used one Vile Elixer (can't remember if it was a +1 or not). I don't recall if I used Mighty Strikes during the Seed fight but I suspect I did.
    (0)

Character
    Mcloud
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahzewn View Post
    I'm not trying to argue about the trusts being used when I ask but what sub were you using? Do you use Berserk/Aggressor or leave it off? Meds? Some of these could be your problem with soloing it.

It's very likely that I got extremely lucky on the 4-on-1 fight and the Seed fight but I was War/Sam and the 4-on-1 wasn't that bad really though chasing the Thf was annoying and the Seed fight left me in the very red and I think I used one Vile Elixer (can't remember if it was a +1 or not). I don't recall if I used Mighty Strikes during the Seed fight but I suspect I did.
    I always use the White Mage sub because I need to have the ability to heal and be able to use Sneak/Invisible in my journeys without needing to have to stock up on Silent Oils and Prism Powders. As far as the abilities, I've used whatever I had(Mighty Strikes, Warcry, Berserk, etc.) and still I ended up only able to kill one before getting KO'ed. And you know what's even more annoying? The fact that in order to do the battle again, I am FORCED to have to go look for the Seed Afterglows(or whatever they're called) again just to get to that point.

Anyway, the point is that you shouldn't need to have to be "extremely lucky" in the first place. It's not like this is the FINAL BOSS of ACP or anything. With being able to use Trust in this battle(in particular), you would have trusts that(like Kupipi for example) would heal you automatically and/or remove any status ailments(and those 4 really nail you with status ailments) you would receive. Plus, trusts like Rugahdeen(another example) would use flash to draw attention to him(and not you) thus allowing you to basically stay alive and keep attacking your chosen opponent.

Glad you were able to get through it but a battle like that should not be so difficult where you need to be "extremely lucky" to get through it. IMO(and I've said this before), if people want to NOT use trusts in a battle, it should be *their* decision and not be one that is forced on everyone that just wants to enjoy playing the game.

This is why I'm hoping that in the next update(not this one), they allow the use of trust in the Add-ons(ACP, etc.). Otherwise, players are just going to ignore it and not finish it.
    (0)
    Last edited by glenwo2; 11-10-2015 at 12:37 AM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I always use the White Mage sub because I need to have the ability to heal and be able to use Sneak/Invisible in my journeys without needing to have to stock up on Silent Oils and Prism Powders. As far as the abilities, I've used whatever I had(Mighty Strikes, Warcry, Berserk, etc.) and still I ended up only able to kill one before getting KO'ed. And you know what's even more annoying? The fact that in order to do the battle again, I am FORCED to have to go look for the Seed Afterglows(or whatever they're called) again just to get to that point.
    WHM is a terrible subjob for any melee. DNC sub will get you sneak and invisible via Spectral Jig along with Curing Waltz and Healing Waltz, which are a lot more complementary to a melee job.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    ...Well, actually part of the problem IS subjob. Go /WHM to gather the seeds, then head back to town and change sjs, as there's a home point near the arena entrance. You have several options to gain an advantage; WAR/NIN for shadows and Dual-Wield, though I'd probably still use a shield offhand as you'd be surprised how potent Savage Blade is now; WAR/SAM gives you Seigan + Third Eye for your advantage, and if you're patient and Meditate up before you engage, to 2000 TP (1800, rather, and I don't think buffs wear when you go in so you can do so outside?), you can Engage > Sekkanoki > double WS to take one out immediately or, once your gear improves, a double Fell Cleave would probably take things out, especially with your 1 hour abilities up; or WAR/DNC, which while it forces you to use your TP for healing, gives you the ability to easily heal statuses and damage by using TP, which a WAR using a GA shouldn't have many problems getting.

Preparation for solo fights is a big deal. Consider meds such as as a Vile Elixir to help with healing, an Icarus Wing for you to do three rapid fire WS (if /SAM; Sekkanoki at 2k -> Fell Cleave x3 would probably leave a huge dent in all of them if not wipe them out), food such as Tavnazian Tacos for defense or, if you're feeling like a gamble with the three WS combo, get some attack food like RCBs as I don't think accuracy is a problem in these fights.

You may also want to examine your gear. I remember clearing this fight solo pretty easy before iLvl gear, though admittedly that was on BST, but I was in the days of using our favorite TH ladybug and I was too cheap to use Dawn Mulsims. Rather than trying full Sparks gear, you may want to consider doing things like getting your reforged Empyrean armor, etc. Sparks gear is okay, but the overall stats on them are very lackluster. They're meant to be a temporary hold-over until you get proper iLvl gear, whatever their iLvl says.

Finally, and I hate to say this last part, but remember that the [Job Change] button in your MH is there for a reason; not every job was meant to solo. NIN/DNC, BST/NIN (or /dnc), RDM/NIN, etc. WAR was built as a pure DD class, so its survivability lies purely in your subjob and DT sets.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Fahzewn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Pretty much what the two above me said. War/Dnc is a much better choice in regards to healing alone. Getting Protect and Shell up might be a boon but they sell scrolls for that now for either sparks or accolades and probably give the highest tier for your level at the time of use as opposed to subbing Whm that will give you lesser versions. That is assuming that you enter the actual fight with /Whm, which so far you haven't actually said you did from what I've read...just to travel around.

For Berserk, I know it's the bread and butter of War but if you are trying to survive, Berserk is not something to be used for what could be a drawn out fight unless you have A) Trusts or B) someone to help you with healing. If it was only one mob to kill and you want it down fast, then Berserk is ok but still only if under certain conditions imo.

I.E. Mighty Strikes and Aggressor so it's not Mighty Miss, /Sam, Icarus wing is optional but useful, especially if not subbing Sam.

Again, Trusts should be allowed and really makes no sense to not allow them at this point but if you are going to attempt soloing things, you have to at least prepare for it.

Btw, I believe on the 4-on-1 fight, hate is ping-ponged around so a tank Trust would only go so far.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fahzewn; 11-10-2015 at 04:14 AM.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Indeed, hate is extremely loose in that fight. I did it back before ilvl on BST, and I remember having to spam Noisome Powder with the ladybug to keep everything focused on it, so even with Trusts you're gonna see lots of ping-ponging. That being said, I'm not against them being added; I'm simply stating that there's a lot of factors that were left vague that could change things drastically.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast