Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Unable to summon trusts in add-on fights and Alexander/Odin fights.

It's not too much of a big deal, given that most of this content can be soloed, however it seems like an oversight given it's possible to summon them in much harder battles like Adoulin storyline fights.

Would it be possible to fix this?
    (2)

In order to help, we need a little more information to determine what's happening.

Are you attempting to summon alter egos for battles related to the avatar quests? If this is the case, this is working as intended, as we designed these encounters to restrict the use of Trust magic. The same applies for Einherjar.

Please let us know if you are unable to summon alter egos while engaged in the Alexander fight related to the battlefield of the Treasure of Aht Urhgan mission "Nashmeira’s Plea." We have tested and confirmed that alter egos can be used for this mission battle.
    (2)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    In order to help, we need a little more information to determine what's happening.

Are you attempting to summon alter egos for battles related to the avatar quests? If this is the case, this is working as intended, as we designed these encounters to restrict the use of Trust magic. The same applies for Einherjar.

Please let us know if you are unable to summon alter egos while engaged in the Alexander fight related to the battlefield of the Treasure of Aht Urhgan mission "Nashmeira’s Plea." We have tested and confirmed that alter egos can be used for this mission battle.
    I think he means content where it is not implemented on add-on scenarios A Crystaline Prophecy, A Moogle Kupo d'Etat, A Shantotto Ascension. The other part was answered in your post as far as avatars go.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ladynamine; 09-11-2015 at 09:29 AM.

Player

Yes, I was unable to summon trusts for Alexander and Odin avatar fights. I see that's intended so I'll deal with it, not like they are hard at 99 anyway.

Now for the other part of the Opening Post, it's as Ladynamine said, trusts are not implemented for add-on fights, A Crystaline Prophecy, A Moogle Kupo d'Etat, A Shantotto Ascension.

Is this intended too or an actual oversight?
    (1)

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post

Yes, I was unable to summon trusts for Alexander and Odin avatar fights. I see that's intended so I'll deal with it, not like they are hard at 99 anyway.

Now for the other part of the Opening Post, it's as Ladynamine said, trusts are not implemented for add-on fights, A Crystaline Prophecy, A Moogle Kupo d'Etat, A Shantotto Ascension.

Is this intended too or an actual oversight?
    It is currently intended, but possibly after Rhapsodies of Vana'diel is over with that they may implement a way to call alter egos into the fights. the fights are fairly easy w/o them....just annoying if you get charmed by the crystal lol
    (0)
    Last edited by Ladynamine; 10-15-2015 at 07:11 AM.

We have yet to enable the use of Trust magic in battlefields from the level 75 era; however, if we find that the content is difficult to the point where players may need the use of alter egos we’ll consider it.

As for the 3 add-on scenarios, since these battles granted special buffs, we determined the priority low until now. We’ll look into making it possible to use alter egos if we observe that it’s more difficult than intended to clear this content; however, there is also the possibility that we don’t enable Trust magic as the addition of alter egos could possibly make this content far too easy.
    (5)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    We have yet to enable the use of Trust magic in battlefields from the level 75 era; however, if we find that the content is difficult to the point where players may need the use of alter egos we’ll consider it.

As for the 3 add-on scenarios, since these battles granted special buffs, we determined the priority low until now. We’ll look into making it possible to use alter egos if we observe that it’s more difficult than intended to clear this content; however, there is also the possibility that we don’t enable Trust magic as the addition of alter egos could possibly make this content far too easy.
    It's kinda already too easy with the 99 level cap and Item level gear.
    (1)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    there is also the possibility that we don’t enable Trust magic as the addition of alter egos could possibly make this content far too easy.
    This is the new "PS2 limitations". I'll let you in on a little info: The game as a whole is easy, esp with alter egos, but that doesn't stop people from wanting to play.
    There is still plenty of challenging content, anything that is "old" content should be able to have the assistants of Alter Egos simply so people who want to do it solo can.
    (2)

Character
    Mcloud
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    This is the new "PS2 limitations". I'll let you in on a little info: The game as a whole is easy, esp with alter egos, but that doesn't stop people from wanting to play.
    There is still plenty of challenging content, anything that is "old" content should be able to have the assistants of Alter Egos simply so people who want to do it solo can.
    Exactly! In Those Who Lurk in Shadows (III) battle, for example, you're basically going 1-against-4 if you want to do it solo and that never ends well. I should know because I'm a level 99 Warrior(equipped with all the Eminent Armor and weapons acquired via Sparks of Eminence) and tried several times to complete that battle but only managed to kill ONE of the four before being killed myself. Whereas if I had the use of Trust, this wouldn't be that much of an issue.

Not allowing the use of Trust in that situation is almost like a punishment against Solo'ers who dare to do this alone and it forces the player to do 1 of 2 things :

1.) Seek out another real-time player and basically BEG him/her to come with you just to complete a mission they may have already completed a long time ago and have no time for (Negotiations, negotiations, negotiations, blahblahblah....ZZZZzzzz)

OR

2.) Do what I've done and just IGNORE that "content"-arc and focus on the ones that do allow trusts. I would love to complete "A Crystalline Prophecy" but without me being allowed to use them in that battle, I've reached a dead-end(no pun intended) so I'm forced to just ignore it and do the other add-ons instead.

So to Grekumah(if you're reading this), please strongly consider allowing Trusts in the "old" content(Crystalline Prophecy, in particular). If not, it would forever remain "unfinished business" for me and many others who would rather do things solo than be in a group.
    (2)
    Last edited by glenwo2; 11-06-2015 at 05:04 AM.

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
    So to Grekumah(if you're reading this), please strongly consider allowing Trusts in the "old" content(Crystalline Prophecy, in particular). If not, it would forever remain "unfinished business" for me and many others who would rather do things solo than be in a group.
    Totally support this, the argument 'Trust would make it too easy' has no validity for me when it comes to this kind of story-driven content, people aren't FORCED to use Trust if they want a challenge so SE shouldn't use 'too easy' as a reason to prevent those of us who want to do this content to be able to do so.

Ultimately the only purpose for Trust as a system is to allow people to do stuff in a world empty of others, which FFXI will become more and more of very soon now all story content has been released and March 2016 approaches.
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast