Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    You can at least have any people help you, even those who aren't on the mission or didn't do it in the first place. Just be sure it's YOU who starts the BCNM.

But personally, I find weird content like Adulin battlefields allows you to use trusts but old, forgotten content like the add-ons doesn't.
    (0)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    It's kinda already too easy with the 99 level cap and Item level gear.
    ACP is still literally impossible unless you're on a pet job.
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Mcloud
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    You can at least have any people help you, even those who aren't on the mission or didn't do it in the first place. Just be sure it's YOU who starts the BCNM.

But personally, I find weird content like Adulin battlefields allows you to use trusts but old, forgotten content like the add-ons doesn't.
    Yeah you could have any people help you but...who would sit around and waste time TRYING to actually FIND people to help you on a particular mission they may have already completed or(and this is the most likely excuse) HAVE NO TIME FOR?

Whereas with being able to use Trust, you don't need to waste time getting "any people" to help you. You already have help in the form of your Trusts. Plus, there is no "catch" with them unlike with real-time players who "help" where you have to do something for them when you really just want to continue with the Mission Arc.

Doing the former is much like Real-Life. You go and ask someone for help and they're all like "What's in it for me?". And that's the sort of aggravation I(and many other solo'ers here) do NOT want.

Besides, as it was stated, if players wanted it to be a bit more difficult, then THEY can choose *not* to use Trusts in the Battles instead of just forcing everyone not to. It's that simple.
    (1)

Character
    Fahzewn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urthdigger View Post
    ACP is still literally impossible unless you're on a pet job.
    Can't say that using Trusts wouldn't be helpful but I finished ACP without trusts and without a pet job. My gear is 109 Artifact/Empyrean with a GAxe that was slightly better than the Eminent. Arguably, Eminent gear should probably have been used being a higher ilevel and the set bonus but I just didn't bother picking it up.

Have fun with the Moogle fight! Thf/Dnc can solo at the least, again with Eminent weapon, 109 Artifact and +2 Empyrean.

So to recap...ACP and Moogle...possible without trusts, pet jobs and/or other ppl helping. And I can't brag about being an awesome player either...in fact I'm pretty mediocre. I will admit that the end boss for ACP might be luck based...depends how fast you can damage it before it can screw you over probably. Moogle fight is...weird and I don't recall much other than it constantly healing itself and my having to heal myself.

Working on Shantotto still but so far over half of it is soloable.
    (0)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahzewn View Post
    Can't say that using Trusts wouldn't be helpful but I finished ACP without trusts and without a pet job. My gear is 109 Artifact/Empyrean with a GAxe that was slightly better than the Eminent. Arguably, Eminent gear should probably have been used being a higher ilevel and the set bonus but I just didn't bother picking it up.

Have fun with the Moogle fight! Thf/Dnc can solo at the least, again with Eminent weapon, 109 Artifact and +2 Empyrean.

So to recap...ACP and Moogle...possible without trusts, pet jobs and/or other ppl helping. And I can't brag about being an awesome player either...in fact I'm pretty mediocre. I will admit that the end boss for ACP might be luck based...depends how fast you can damage it before it can screw you over probably. Moogle fight is...weird and I don't recall much other than it constantly healing itself and my having to heal myself.

Working on Shantotto still but so far over half of it is soloable.
    You must have been extremely lucky then. Being solo means anytime it uses Seeds of Deference and charms you, it will just regen to full HP, and you're out any resources you used before that point like your 2h. The only way it's possible is if you go the entire fight without that being used. So, I'd hardly call that easy.
    (1)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You must have been extremely lucky then. Being solo means anytime it uses Seeds of Deference and charms you, it will just regen to full HP, and you're out any resources you used before that point like your 2h. The only way it's possible is if you go the entire fight without that being used. So, I'd hardly call that easy.
    Charm automatically depops all Trusts. If Charm is fight losing factor, Trusts won't help.
    (0)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Charm automatically depops all Trusts. If Charm is fight losing factor, Trusts won't help.
    Charm doesn't work on trusts. Tank trusts, and staying out of AoE range solves that. They also make it more possible to just try and burn it down before it uses the move.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Charm doesn't work on trusts. Tank trusts, and staying out of AoE range solves that. They also make it more possible to just try and burn it down before it uses the move.
    Ok I just fought this in about 45 seconds flat. I cannot conceive of anybody in item level gear having trouble with this.
    (0)

Character
    Mcloud
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Ok I just fought this in about 45 seconds flat. I cannot conceive of anybody in item level gear having trouble with this.
    If you tried the battle in Those Who Lurk In Shadows III(that's in the Crystalline Prophecy), you wouldn't be saying that. It's one-against-four and even with all the item level gear(I have all of it, too), the best I could do is kill one of them before they overwhelmed me.

In fact, it's a safer bet you'd get "KO'ed" in 45 seconds flat there. This is why Trusts NEED to be an option EVERYWHERE in ANY SCENARIO(both Original and Add-on's) because players out there aren't going to continue to play particular FFXI scenarios if they're going to be stuck in a battle they just can't win no matter what buffs they use.
    (0)
    Last edited by glenwo2; 11-09-2015 at 12:33 AM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Ok I tried fighting seed crystal again... he actually is kinda tough in Sparks gear without using Hundred Fists.
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast