Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Crafting Skill-up question

This is frustrating ><

I'm getting skill up at a very low rate (1/12+ synthesis). Is crafting harder to skill up with the last update where you are able to craft 10 levels below the requirement?
    (0)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I crafted on level 51 Goldsmithing with Shadow Geode to create Onyx (Level 51 as well).
    I crafted 96 Onyx and only got 2.8 skills. Doesn't that seem low?
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Just two days ago I experienced what you did. I started skill ups for GS 100+ using the muscle belt synth. Now before I remember that this synth sucked for skill ups. At least that's what I want to remember. This go round I'm doing it because I want a few levels before I start that elemental ring process to 110 with plat and then orich. Thing is, I blew through 5 stacks of materials and I still haven't hit 101. I think I was around .6 before I gave up. This is incredibly abnormal, but I'm aware that muscle belt is historically not a great skill up item(I think). As typical these days, I use kitron, and I tend to hang around Adoulin areas with Ionis on. I was doing leather at the same time starting from 100 and I had for the most part success and normal skilling off of tiger masks. I only stopped because I just wanted the extra level to HQ1 the CP mantle for the time being.

The thing about crafting is, it does indeed depend on the synth, and not so much to do with "oh you just had a run of bad luck in the 51+ stage!!!" Some synths suck for skill ups while others are better. I experience the bad item for skill ups thing at all levels of crafting. From 1 to 110 there's going to be better options than others. It's up to you to decide the pros and cons. Nobody wants to do the sucky synths for skill ups over the super cheap ones but the possible truth may be that they are the best as far as skill up rate goes. I will start doing plat rings tonight for 105 cap on GS, and I entirely expect it to go well in comparison to muscle belt, as before, years ago. Smithing went smoothly to 110 on sub 100 synths so I know there isn't any kind of a penalty for using old synths to skill up. When I go 5 stacks and don't even level up to 101, it's time to change synths. You should consider the same. Go gold or go 55 rings if you can manage it. Don't forget you can buy myth rings in Rabao for like 4.5k Whatever you choose, just get away from geodes. They sound terrible.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    Just two days ago I experienced what you did. I started skill ups for GS 100+ using the muscle belt synth. Now before I remember that this synth sucked for skill ups. At least that's what I want to remember. This go round I'm doing it because I want a few levels before I start that elemental ring process to 110 with plat and then orich. Thing is, I blew through 5 stacks of materials and I still haven't hit 101. I think I was around .6 before I gave up. This is incredibly abnormal, but I'm aware that muscle belt is historically not a great skill up item(I think). As typical these days, I use kitron, and I tend to hang around Adoulin areas with Ionis on. I was doing leather at the same time starting from 100 and I had for the most part success and normal skilling off of tiger masks. I only stopped because I just wanted the extra level to HQ1 the CP mantle for the time being.

The thing about crafting is, it does indeed depend on the synth, and not so much to do with "oh you just had a run of bad luck in the 51+ stage!!!" Some synths suck for skill ups while others are better. I experience the bad item for skill ups thing at all levels of crafting. From 1 to 110 there's going to be better options than others. It's up to you to decide the pros and cons. Nobody wants to do the sucky synths for skill ups over the super cheap ones but the possible truth may be that they are the best as far as skill up rate goes. I will start doing plat rings tonight for 105 cap on GS, and I entirely expect it to go well in comparison to muscle belt, as before, years ago. Smithing went smoothly to 110 on sub 100 synths so I know there isn't any kind of a penalty for using old synths to skill up. When I go 5 stacks and don't even level up to 101, it's time to change synths. You should consider the same. Go gold or go 55 rings if you can manage it. Don't forget you can buy myth rings in Rabao for like 4.5k Whatever you choose, just get away from geodes. They sound terrible.
    I also had a bad experience levelling up alchemy last week.
    My current alchemy level is 98, and I was crafting Mamushito (Level 91). My expectations were it was going to help me level up to 101.

So, that week I crafted around 19 Mamushitos with both the Kitron & Ionis, And never had I gotten even a 0.1 skill up. I'm not sure if I can't skill up with the Mamushito or developers are trying to discourage me from playing.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    That's... standard bad luck? You only crafted 19, on a craft that's below your level. Even with the update I imagine it's harder to level with lower-level items. For comparison, I was at Cooking 101, crafting Dragon Fruit Au Lait (Cooking 105). Using only Ionis (forgot to pick up food), I got about 0.9 skill in 30 synths, about a 30% rate. Trying to craft Dawn Mulsums (Cooking 97), I crafted about a dozen and didn't see a single skillup. Of course, these are small sample sizes; I might have gotten lucky, just as you might have gotten unlucky. But it's not enough evidence for us to complain that the devs are "trying to discourage us from playing."

So yeah, complaining about a small sample size isn't very productive.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You should craft items a few levels above for the best skillup chances. 1-5 levels above.
    (0)