Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Antanias
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Could Zone Lines be possible?

As a long-time player of the game, I think we could have zone lines to help us with things like dismounting from our shiny new mounts more readily. Without the PS2 and 360 support, think this possibility could become a reality?

Speaking of dismounting, it's annoying how we get turned around at said invisible zone lines. Could we get that fixed too?
    (3)
    "Tonight on the Vana'diel Report, a poor innocent player lost a valuable 10-15 seconds of their lives by reading Antanias's signature."

2. 05-06-2016 10:48 AM

I dislike this idea... I like that zones fade into each other
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    if we were just auto dismount when we cross the zone line i would like it but actually drawing the zone line on screen no i wont like that
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Morovich View Post
    That would be cool. Something like glowing dots or even a glowing line.
    Seriously? I hope you're trolling, that was one of the most disgusting things from my first few hours playing xiv.
    (0)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SMD111 View Post
    if we were just auto dismount when we cross the zone line i would like it but actually drawing the zone line on screen no i wont like that
    I can understand people's negative reaction to the FFXII/FFXIV 'zone lines', but auto-dismount might get frustrating too if you strayed by accident.

I think a decent compromise would be that, if mounted, your movement was stopped at the invisible zone line and a dialogue box appears: "Your mount refuses to enter. Dismount and proceed to the next area? Yes No"
    (1)

Player
    Maybe have them for the people that want to use them. Have a command like /zonefencing on/off and persons that like itor dislike it an do what they want.
    (1)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Probably not possible with the engine but to have an updated map overlay could fix this problem. Maybe replace the mob radar with an actual mini-map function
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I vote "No" to visual lines, and all other visual effects such as glowing "!"s over people heads, arrows, etc.

I love the way you can play FFXI as an immersive roleplaying game, and feel you are not in a computergame but in a living world. On-screen cues and markers would destroy that "willing suspension of disbelief."

However I agree about the chocobos, if your chocobo reaches a zone it is afraid of, and unwilling to enter, there could be a message before you actually zone, rather than the black screen and error message lol.

But again, limited time and resources, maybe there are more important tweaks to be made elsewhere.
    (1)

Player
    Normally I'm super conservative on the case of anything that looks out of place in Vana'diel. That being said, I've played FF12, I've played FF14 (both versions) and small blue dots right at the edge of a tunnel wouldn't remotely remind me I'm in a videogame anymore than "black screen....now loading...now loading..." does. If anything, think how often you've stopped talking because you didn't know if you were about to zone out. THAT breaks immersion more than anything like tiny zone lines.
    (1)

Character
    Krokov
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Seriously? I hope you're trolling, that was one of the most disgusting things from my first few hours playing xiv.
    If not those some sort of visual mark to signify the zone point.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast