Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladynamine View Post
    I don't understand why they just don't add heavy metal plates, riftdross, and riftcinders to high-tier fights or bcnm's. It would seem to me that would be a lot easier to add to these fights. Plus it adds more variety to what you can kill to get them. You can put the singles Heavy Metal Plates in HKCNM's (at a lower drop rate) and SKCNM's based on difficulty, and put Heavy Metal Pouches on top of singles, Riftdross, and Riftcinders in the High-tier Mission Battlefield fights also based on difficulty of the fight. All of them can be exclusive to be lottery pooled at a low % rate with the droprate to increase on higher difficulties and only 1 type can drop (either a Heavy Metal Plate/pouch, riftdross, or riftcinder will only drop).
    You understand why, you just don't realize it. Square has never made any form of logic/balance in any of the 10 thousand decisions they make. They're always under the guise of "balance" but dude, seriously.

Things are the way they are because statistics say, that this particular idea will keep you paying money, and above all else, ffxi is a business.
    (0)

I see it like this: I would rather have the opportunity to make multiple end-game weapons that would keep me hooked to this game (i.e. the accessibility of making a relic and mythic) than to get burned out mid-way on ONE weapon midway because of the lack of resources and spending too much unnecessary time on it just to go from 90 > 95 > 99. This is the only end-game weapon system that needs to be balanced. BTW, just to get afterglow prior before update was 3,000 Riftdross/Riftcinders....Cumulatively speaking as a whole, no server could have possibly seen this number.
    (4)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I have roughly half the alex, tokens, and ichor for a mythic right now. I had been very enthusiastic about making Death Penalty. Now I'm not even gonna bother.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    I have roughly half the alex, tokens, and ichor for a mythic right now. I had been very enthusiastic about making Death Penalty. Now I'm not even gonna bother.
    I say go for it. I seen a couple of people on my server with it and out damaging some of the most well-geared DD. It motivated me to even go for it and my COR is like lvl 50 lol.
    (0)

I hope we get another update on how SE will balance this issue. Also, would be nice to know when that VW campaign is coming back. The market is still dried up of upgrade materials and no one is going to waste time on less than rewarding content.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    I say go for it. I seen a couple of people on my server with it and out damaging some of the most well-geared DD. It motivated me to even go for it and my COR is like lvl 50 lol.
    There's no point. I'll never be able to 119 III Terpsichore, let alone Terpsichore and Death Penalty, and I'm 99.99999999% the elitists on my server wouldn't take me without having it III'd.
    (1)

April update is coming up very soon. Any new updates? Also, any word on the VW campaign?
    (0)

Due to PlayOnline Login Technical Difficulties, I am unable to determine if the changes to VWs are worthwhile. However, I would like to comment on the idea of earning materials with the use of Hallmarks from Ambuscade. From what I am reading from other forums, people would be more interested in spending their Hallmarks on the new armor and JSE caps when available. I noticed that there are limits to how many materials you are allow to purchase from the NPC per month. It's a pretty decent and strategic idea. A small avenue to get items needed. What I would like to have seen is more done to VWs where 119+ content can be available and better drop rate in quantity and quality. Similar to how Unity NMs work.

But I will give this process a shot and see what happens from here.
    (0)

Character
    Keido
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    Due to PlayOnline Login Technical Difficulties, I am unable to determine if the changes to VWs are worthwhile. However, I would like to comment on the idea of earning materials with the use of Hallmarks from Ambuscade. From what I am reading from other forums, people would be more interested in spending their Hallmarks on the new armor and JSE caps when available. I noticed that there are limits to how many materials you are allow to purchase from the NPC per month. It's a pretty decent and strategic idea. A small avenue to get items needed. What I would like to have seen is more done to VWs where 119+ content can be available and better drop rate in quantity and quality. Similar to how Unity NMs work.

But I will give this process a shot and see what happens from here.
    Hardest part of Ambuscade winning the book battle.
    (0)

The only farmable items that are worth it are ones that you can't easily get anywhere else, if you have another way to access them that is still the best way.

Dynamis is the best way to get coins, salvage is the best way to get alex etc.
    (0)

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast