Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisansha View Post
    This is so wrong. You are not penalized, you do not get 1/18th the drop rate. You are only one person, whether killing the NM by yourself or in an alliance. Go kill the NM 18 times and you get the same drops whether you are solo or in an alliance of 18 people. You do not get the drops from the other 17 people in an alliance, they do not belong to you. There is no reason whatsoever for SE to improve the drop rate just because you want to solo the fight or are unable to get others to fight with you. All of the VW fights are pretty easy to solo, you just need to go do it.
    While what you say is true, as a solo player you have to kill the NM 18 times, whereas 18 people can kill it once together for the same result. Having said that, the number of voidstones expended per drop is the same regardless of the setup. And that seems to be how they wanted it to be. X voidstones consumed = Y desired drops.
    (0)

Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    While what you say is true, as a solo player you have to kill the NM 18 times, whereas 18 people can kill it once together for the same result. Having said that, the number of voidstones expended per drop is the same regardless of the setup. And that seems to be how they wanted it to be. X voidstones consumed = Y desired drops.
    While true, salvage required each person to have a key item to enter, and when the event went from 18->1, that 1 person DOES get 18x the loot because when they do that event 18 times now, it yields are x18.

Voidwatch was designed around 18 man content, and yes each person uses a key item to enter and the loot was original tuned for x drops per stone spent, the original idea of voidwatch was to have 18 people so that you would get 3~5 HMP per kill per alliance. Thats why they are tradeable.

IF SE is afraid to increase the drop rate to something more realistic, perhaps just make them EX and then you can make the drop rate w/e you want because it wont hurt the economy.

TLDR: You may not get 1/18th the drop rate, but the number of HMP entering the world per nm is 1/18th, which isnt the same as salvage.
    (0)

I think they should just add single plates to every single NM... and add bags to NMs that have only singles... and add bags to NMs that drop dross etc. That should help somewhat and it will give further incentive to people to join parties to get upgrade items. At this point in the game's life upgrading empys is needlessly difficult. The effort to reward ratio is currently still too low for folks to bother with, even if they have stones to burn. I could solo voidwatch for plates etc to sell but I'd make more money faster by just doing dynamis... and unlike voidwatch, I am guaranteed to make some money... voidwatch I could spend 2 hours and end up with nothing.

That applies to parties too... can't count how many times I did one of the NMs that drops only dross etc and got nothing by vendor junk for my trouble. That's part of the reason people don't want to join parties for voidwatch, because even in a party it's an inefficient way of making gil and it's a lot of fuss and bother besides.

I'd still LOVE for there to be an Adoulin chapter of voidwatch that allows folks to upgrade their old pulse weapons and armor but I know it's never going to happen. But that would actually get people doing voidwatch. We can see now that the primary reason people were doing the event was the gear, money was secondary and upgrading was only a few select people. Now that the gear is garbage, people have no interest.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 01-05-2016 at 04:03 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    Happy New Year 2016 to you and to everyone reading this post!

To answer your question, I believe the drop rate is no different from the drop of single HMPs. I can get about 4 Pil's Tuille in about 10 kills. As for HMPs, maybe 2 out of every 15 kills. Using Bismark as an example, I get up to 2 every 30 kills for riftdross or riftcinders.

In 2016, I am hoping the development team will ease up on the drop rate. The 1500 HMP and 60 Riftcinder/Riftdross system is fine imo, but like Stompa mention in an earlier post, there should be some kind of minimum drop ratio per kill for HMPs. As riftdross/riftcinders, the only realistic solution for that is to increase the drop where you are getting one, the other, or a weapon/armor every fight to keep it a bit balanced. This is based on having capped lights.
    and.....

Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    4/10 for Pil's Tuille is extremely lucky. The playerbase has generated a pretty accurate database for VW drops. Here's Pil's: http://ffxidb.com/voidwatch/127

Basically HMP is about 34% and Pil's Tuille is exactly 5%.
    Thanks for the response and I figured that it might be something like this to the drop rate over the hmp's I was getting but didn't need the plates over attempting to get at least 2 Pils Tuiles to drop when I was going solo with trusts before getting lucky in having two ls mates to join in on Pil later on even if for a temporary moment while attempting to farm a couple of Pil's Tuille smithing materials which to date has yet to still not get any drops thus far. An Idea I had was either give my own ls mates that needed the plates to them or sell them on the AH since they are now Auction House'able and use the gil from the hmp's sold on the ah to purchase any possible Pil's Tuille's that might have become available to AH-Purchase which in reality it would be like a trade off from one to the other minus the gil's used in doing the trades factor!

Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    Thank you. I see that my during that day my luck was high. I just can't seem to have that with HMPs, Riftdross/Riftcinders though. Oddly enough, I was happy to have those 4 Pil's Tuille because it allowed and motivate me to upgrade a couple of relic pieces as well as put a little gil in my pocket.
    Yeah gil's from Pil's Tuille off the ah on leviathan server would be nice at the going cost rate they are selling for on the AH too!!
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 01-05-2016 at 08:32 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I agree that HMP, Riftcinders and Riftdross drop rates should be looked, but I find the comparison to Salvage very confusing. the mechanics involved in a successful run (Cell distributions as quickly as possible), meant that you generally entered with 6-9 people and alex sold for 3-4k each on my server (linen purses had a low drop rate as well). Salvage 2 increased the amount of Alex that could be farmed, but again wasn't an 18 man event, you could go in with three and you only needed three for a successful run.

I don't want to be picky, as I totally agree with you about voidwatch drop rates being updated, I just don't think it should be compared with salvage as they are very different events
    (1)

Voidwatch drops are placed into individual loot pools, and drops increase greatly with more participants.

Increasing the drop rates at this time will upset the balance between supply and demand, and it is possible this will result in balance issues.

As far as all Relic/Mythic/Empyrean/Ergon weapons go, we’ve reduced the hurdles for participation, but we have not increased the amount of progress gained per encounter. This is dependent on the policy related to these weapons.

On a side note, we have increased the chances of obtaining these items through key items and campaigns.
    (1)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Afin
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Voidwatch drops are placed into individual loot pools, and drops increase greatly with more participants.

The main issue you don't seem to be taking into consideration is the fact, not everyone will devote their time to doing voidwatch, lack of server population + the randomness of trust makes it a very tough challenge more than it was originally. People would be more interested in VW probably if they had more people that are doing more things rather than being afk. Japanese prime time you see 1.2k+ on bahamut active. When it gets to EU/NA times, 400-600 and thats on one of the most populated servers. I've heard a lot less on others. My point is the current population per server does not help the magnitued of what needs to be done through a team effort =/
    (2)

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    will upset the balance between supply and demand
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! You say that like there is a balance between supply and demand with the system is in it's current state.
    (12)

Player

Increasing the drop rates at this time will upset the balance between supply and demand, and it is possible this will result in balance issues.

As far as all Relic/Mythic/Empyrean/Ergon weapons go, we’ve reduced the hurdles for participation, but we have not increased the amount of progress gained per encounter. This is dependent on the policy related to these weapons.

On a side note, we have increased the chances of obtaining these items through key items and campaigns.

Off topic but can you let Akihiko Matsui know that we need campaigns back again like double capacity and others. Right now people aren't as active anymore because double trust campaigns is gone. People no longer wants to team up and EXP when campaign is gone. I just realize how difficult it was to clear avatar fight without it and it was a tough solo. I hope miso ramen food cap are raise and it be great if this food actually affect pet like BST and PUP.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The fact is, they don't increase with the number of participants. If 12 people each do an NM, vs all 12 ppl doing the same NM (same number of voidstones expended) they will get around the same number of drops.

What we don't seem to be getting through to the dev team is that these weapon groups are not all of similar difficulty, despite all intending to be powerful (in their own ways in each case). The weapons which require the voidwatch drops require disporportionately more time/effort vs the other high tier weapons. Should players not be able to choose the super weapon type that suits them, and spend a roughly similar amount of effort/time regardless?
    (5)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-07-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast