Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    How funny would it be if heavy metal plates were supposed to drop from voidwalker nms this whole time and the developers just didn't know it was never put in.
    (5)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    The dev. team has looked into increasing the number of methods to obtain these upgrade items, however, because there are two methods to obtain them (from VNMs or Void Watch), and the stats on the completed weapons are very strong, they decided to put this on hold for the moment. With that said, we are aware that these items can be difficult to obtain so we’re looking into possibly offering them via login campaigns.
    So VNMs are bugged and should be dropping heavy metal plates and riftdross/riftcinder? When can we expect this to be fixed?
    (3)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    It's probably something ridiculous like Yilbegan has the same chance of dropping an emp upgrade item as KB has of dropping d.ring. How many times have you killed Yilbegan?
    (0)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Probably like 50 times now farming abj gear mats. Lately I get black abyssite more than i get squamas/befouled silvers/etc.
    (0)

In response to Grekumah's comment, using the login points for those items sounds good in theory, but unfortunately that will not work at all. There's been discussions on the type of items available and duration of the login campaigns that wasn't pleasant. Also, it will just aggravate the situation more. The players don't mind putting in the work to build their weapons, but you have to keep in mind that it is a lot more work and time than it needs to be. Obtaining 1500 HMPs, and 60 Riftdross/Riftcinders with the current drop rate and availability prevents us from completing our weapons.

If you can pull the numbers, you will notice there are way too many players with empyrean weapons across all servers that have not passed lvl 90 since the day they've reached. We are talking these same people who've been looking forward to upgrade their weapons for years because of the availability of items and drop rate. This is a real issue that inhabiting players to from enjoying the full environment of the game and access of items to help with our adventures and achievements in Vana'diel. Please advise the development team for a solutions to help us come closer in achieving the players goals in completing our weapons. Thank you.

PS: It would be best to implement a solution before or with the RME upgrade that is coming soon.
    (2)

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The dev. team has looked into increasing the number of methods to obtain these upgrade items, however, because there are two methods to obtain them (from VNMs or Void Watch), and the stats on the completed weapons are very strong, they decided to put this on hold for the moment. With that said, we are aware that these items can be difficult to obtain so we’re looking into possibly offering them via login campaigns.
    Hey Grekumah, would you mind asking the devs which VNMs specifically drop Heavy Metal Plates, Riftdross, and Riftcinders?
    (1)

Character
    Dieth
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Which VNMs drop HMPs/Riftdross/Riftcinder??
    Original Voidwaker NMs - Drop upgrade items for many of the other Magian trial weapons, but none for the pure Empy path.
    Abyssea VNMs drop Colorless souls are unsellable - also not the stage we're complaining about.

-

The issue with HMP/Riftcinder/Riftdross collection is the fact that you can't get 12-18 man Allies to have a POOL of people to buy from.
    One x12 run on Qilin and I could buy ~50-100 plates with 18 people. One x12 run with my trusts and I'm lucky if I get 0.
    One x12 run of Kaggen I could buy ~48 plates. One x12 run with my trusts and I'm lucky if I get 0.

You either seriously need to up the drop rate of HMP/Rift items or give use other means of obtainment. Because the current obtainment rate of 0 per run is fighting against infinity.
    (3)
    ~ si deus nobiscum quis contra nos ~
    I am a Lazy French Shower

Quote Originally Posted by Vanfrano View Post
    But unless the playerbase and myself are mistaken, Heavy Metal Plates/Pouches, Riftcinder and Riftdross do not drop from Voidwalker NMs, only from Voidwatch.
    I apologize for the confusion my last post caused. You are correct; these upgrade items only come from Voidwatch, and including VNM was a mistake. I've edited my previous post to reflect this.
    (5)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

The stats on Empyrean weapons aren't all that strong compared to weapons you can actually get above level 90 in the current economy, like Relics and Mythics. Empyrean weapons are currently useless except the shield and the musical instrument. The people that pretty much want one now want it for the points on FFXIAH, or for the look.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I apologize for the confusion my last post caused. You are correct; these upgrade items only come from Voidwatch, and including VNM was a mistake. I've edited my previous post to reflect this.
    Thanks for the correction. I think though, someone needs to communicate to the devs that their logic in not improving the availability of ugprade items for Empy weapons is flawed. They keep talking about the "high stats" of these weapons, but they aren't remarkably different from the relics and mythics in terms of stats, and they are disporportionately more difficult to obtain. Why is the dev team okay with the reward/difficulty mismatch with the other special weapon sets?
    (2)

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast