Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    I'm happy I didn't get my hopes too high, neither of these solutions are going to help. Ultimately, you're just going to cause disgruntled players fighting over spawn points. You just need to make Unity/Escha/Reisenjima Monsters that drops the items that are needed. Let us use the stupid Crystal Petrifacts if you make it a Escha-Reisenjima thing as a spawn trigger, that way people will still do VW and maybe get a few items here and there.

Next up, If you also want to help the players, Give them Special Trusts, A WAR(August Clone), BRD, BLM/SCH, and a WHM that are specially designed for Abyssea and Voidwatch that will Actively SEEK the weakness triggers for Mobs. I know this is asking a lot, but if your not going to bring a wall down that not needed, then you need to give the tools to make so we can still climb it.

Personally, I'd prefer the Escha route because it can be more useful for end-game and helps for things that are being built for the end-results as well.
    (2)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Firstly, of the two proposals, the first one is definitely the best and even though it's not great, I hope they implement it regardless because It'd save time with all the running. To avoid congestion, they can make more VWNM spawn points on a map. As it stands now, there's only one spawn point per NM per map (please correct me if I'm wrong) and no NMs share the same map. If they make it 3 points on the map, multiple people could take the NMs on at a time without having to wait if someone decides to camp an Nm for hours.

Tripling the cell effect won't be a huge deal unless it increases the current cap and maximizes the light (not needing to proc at all). Also, won't the cells be completely useless during the VW campaigns?

Also as Tidis has stated, the old KIs will be useless if the voidstone via NPC change happens, but could they be changed to giving an additional voidstone per spawn (so 2 stones with one KI and 3 with both)? That would at least be killing two birds with one voidstone by not negating the KI's use and also giving us more voidstones in less time (basically doubling or tripling the amount of pops we have per stone spawn).

And is it impossible to add a HMP or rift item guarantee proc to the VW system or adding an extra drop to double the chances of one or both dropping per NM?
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    First option seems very open to congestion, especially during campaign. During the previous campaign I had to fight with people to pop the Voidwalker NMs but none would like to team up. I can imagine one group sitting there holding the vortex hostage and if three groups do it (or three people soloing) then it clogs the whole zone. I know that probably isn't such a big deal on lower population servers but it only takes three people to hold up an entire NM or else you go into the claim wars.
    But there's multiple locations for each voidwalker isn't there?

I don't really undestand why people don't team up when the rewards from voidwatch are personal and grouping doesn't affect your chances.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    But there's multiple locations for each voidwalker isn't there?

I don't really undestand why people don't team up when the rewards from voidwatch are personal and grouping doesn't affect your chances.
    I believe there are 3 of them per Non-Aht Urhgan zones. I also don't understand this mentality either, but most shut themselves off to others.
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I noticed the same thing the last 3 campaigns.

Show up to morta,
    Find all 3 pops camped by people who wont invite/share
    SE states 'but its ment for 18 people'

See the issue? ment for 18...and 3 people in 1 zone would rather solo than team up even though they get their own loot?
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings, everyone.

I have a small follow-up to my previous post.

As mentioned, we will be looking into other avenues for obtaining heavy metal plates; however, simply increasing the item drop rate is hard to do. Doing so would change some of the fundamental specifications of the content itself.

With this in mind, we are thinking of the following adjustments:
    • When combat begins, Voidstones held by the NPC “Voidwatch Officer” will be expended.
      The Voidstones that are held by the NPC “Voidwatch Officer” will be expended 1 at a time, and this can be done until the entire stock has ran out.
      (As it has been in the past, you can still use the Voidstones in your possession to summon Voidwalkers.)
      You cannot obtain treasure when you do not possess any Voidstones, and if you are a party leader, you may not start combat without Voidstones.
    • Tripling the effect of cell items.
      The team had been looking into making it so the cell items could be held in stacks of 99; however they encountered a number of problems and discovered that this would not be possible to accomplish. Instead, we are going to increase the effect of the item and adjust it so that 1 use of the item will max out the alignment.

With these adjustments participating in the content should be easier than before.
    The vulnerability and alignment system will remain as is, but we will follow up on this with campaigns after April and look into further adjustments to the cell items. For the moment, we would like to see how these adjustments affect game play.

Uh oh i don't like the sound of this. Even if light is cap which is 550% and no light stagger is needed it doesn't change a thing about VW. It's repetitive and boring and RMT would just love to out camp people. It doesn't offer any 119 gear and 99 is all you gonna get. Unless the light cap was 1,500% or 2,000%? maybe people would actually do it, if they are rewarded for their trouble. This is why I like Escha better because it offer better rewards and people are allow to use temporary items / vorseals.

Akihiko Matusi Unity Cord is boring and not fun because we aren't allow to use temporary, Vorseals or Atmacite to assist us. So how about some adjustment so it's fun to do like Escha NM? Unity Cord made more more sense than VW because a player only have to kill NM once and a person is allow to use 10,000 accolade to buy the upgrade items. Just look at Etched Memory when it's Vagary content items but people can spend sparks points to buy it and their nothing wrong with that. :/
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    First option seems very open to congestion, especially during campaign. During the previous campaign I had to fight with people to pop the Voidwalker NMs but none would like to team up. I can imagine one group sitting there holding the vortex hostage and if three groups do it (or three people soloing) then it clogs the whole zone. I know that probably isn't such a big deal on lower population servers but it only takes three people to hold up an entire NM or else you go into the claim wars.
    Sounds like a "over-populated server" issue. There were zero, zilch, none, nada, nein issues with groups "camping" spawn spots on the less populated servers.
    (0)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yes which is why I mentioned that in my post, but like I said, it will only take a total of three people to clog a zone with that idea. People might be more inclined to spam it during the campaigns. As far as the not teaming up thing, I would think maybe they don't want to wait on others to restock on KI/cells or wait on them to destroy the chest.
    (0)

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings, everyone.

I have a small follow-up to my previous post.

As mentioned, we will be looking into other avenues for obtaining heavy metal plates; however, simply increasing the item drop rate is hard to do. Doing so would change some of the fundamental specifications of the content itself.

With this in mind, we are thinking of the following adjustments:
    • When combat begins, Voidstones held by the NPC “Voidwatch Officer” will be expended.
      The Voidstones that are held by the NPC “Voidwatch Officer” will be expended 1 at a time, and this can be done until the entire stock has ran out.
      (As it has been in the past, you can still use the Voidstones in your possession to summon Voidwalkers.)
      You cannot obtain treasure when you do not possess any Voidstones, and if you are a party leader, you may not start combat without Voidstones.
    • Tripling the effect of cell items.
      The team had been looking into making it so the cell items could be held in stacks of 99; however they encountered a number of problems and discovered that this would not be possible to accomplish. Instead, we are going to increase the effect of the item and adjust it so that 1 use of the item will max out the alignment.

With these adjustments participating in the content should be easier than before.
    The vulnerability and alignment system will remain as is, but we will follow up on this with campaigns after April and look into further adjustments to the cell items. For the moment, we would like to see how these adjustments affect game play.
    It doesn't seem like you guys are able to grasp the problem at all. These proposed solutions are almost worthless. We have spelled out, on numerous occasions, what the problem is and have basically given you a bevy of acceptable solutions to rectify the problem. I, for one, don't understand why you guys completely ignore almost everything we say and then proceed to concoct these mediocre "solutions" that almost nobody is satisfied with. Please stop. You guys aren't making this any better.
    (8)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    These changes do help actually, but only during capped light campaigns. The amount of time people had to spend running around town for VW was a huge deterrent because it significantly lowered the efficiency of farming HMP yourself versus just farming gil from Dynamis or something and then just buying the plates whenever they're up. Also the fact that some of you ran into antisocial jerks hogging the pop spots despite there being basically 0 downside to teaming up shouldn't really be SE's issue, there's nothing they can do about dicks being dicks.

I agree they should make hitting weaknesses less of a pain in the ass (or just make it so that hitting a single weakness will cap lights instantly) so VW is actually worth doing outside the campaigns, and an increased drop rate would be very much welcome, but you people acting like this won't help at all are really coming off as just looking for an excuse to throw a tantrum.
    (2)

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast