Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Anyone else notice their main weapon skill not going up?

Hello,

I just opened an in-game bug for my Summoner's main weapon skill not going up by what the weapon describes (e.g. +242 points). This is not an attempt to duplicate the issue, but to open the discussion up, as I think it is for all main weapons skills at or above level 100 (but can't verify this hunch, as I don't have the necessary gear or jobs). Opening it up to everyone hopefully will get more data for us and Square Enix.

I noticed the problem on my SMN w/JSE 119 weapon and DRG w/117 weapon. These are my only two jobs - thus far - I have with gear at 100 and above. The other jobs are at 99 with less than 99 gear or below 99.

BTW, I'm looking for help either in getting the crafted items for the DRG 119 JSE weapon (on Ragnarok) or a 119 main weapon. If you have the time and are willing to help? :-) /bow

Here is what I posted with screenshots about the problem. (I hope to do the same "soon" for my DRG and is 117 weapon.)

==============================================================

Thread Title: Combat staff skill not increasing by amount stated on weapon detail.

Platform: Windows

ISP: Comcast

Type of Internet Connection: CATV

Internet Connection Speed: 105Mbs download; 25Mbs upload

Date & Time: Thursday, August 20, 2015 at 14:20 CDT

Frequency: Always

Character Name: IBHalliwell

Race: Hume M

World: Ragnarok

Main Job: 119SMN

Support Job: 49RDM

Area and Coordinates: Moghouse - Entered from Bastok Markets

Party or Solo: Party and/or Solo (occurs regardless of party, solo, or size of party (tested with 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 members)).

NPC Name: None

Monster Name: None

Steps:
    1. Looked at my main weapon. It is a Gridarvor with a staff skill plus of 242 and a parrying skill plus of 242. Please see the screenshot at:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/1028358...posted-public/
    2. Brought up the combat skill menu (Menu->Status->Combat Skill) and looked at both the staff and parrying skills. Staff skill was at 414. Parrying skill was at 382. Please see the screenshot at:
    3. Removed the main weapon (Gridarvor) and again examined the combat skill menu (Menu->Status->Combat Skill) and looked at both the staff and parrying skills. The staff skill was SILL 414, while the parrying skill decreased to 140 (382-242). Please see screenshot at:
    4. Put the main weapon (Gridarvor) on and again examined the combat skill menu (Menu->Status->Combat Skill) and looked at both the staff and parrying skills. Staff skill was at 414. Parrying skill was back up to 382. Please see the screenshot at:

Obviously there is a problem with the staff skill increasing as expected by the amount described by the weapon.

NOTE: From what I can tell the problem is NOT just with Gridarvor or 119 main weapons. I saw the problem with a 117 main weapon on DRG, which I'll report separately, as the template seems to be for one job / one character / one server.

Step 1

===========================================================
    Steps 2 and 4

===========================================================
    Step 3
    (0)

You're getting the skill benefits, it just doesn't show in the menu. Skill on iLevel weapons never shows in the menu, as it only works for that particular weapon (in the case of dual-wielding).

Also, posting bug reports in two places doesn't make people get back to you faster.
    (0)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    You're getting the skill benefits, it just doesn't show in the menu. Skill on iLevel weapons never shows in the menu, as it only works for that particular weapon (in the case of dual-wielding).

Also, posting bug reports in two places doesn't make people get back to you faster.
    I thought the forums had different purposes. The in-bug is to SE, while this forum is between users. My purpose in opening in both areas was to formally report what I thought is a bug to SE (the in-game bug) and to open the topic up to discussion with other players (here). It wasn't to get people to get back to me faster. It was because of what I read in the pinned thread ABOUT each forum and its purpose.

BTW, any thoughts on my other open issue on my Son (Ramrat on Ragnarok) not being able to progress with RoV (disconnected during a CS).

Thank you for your reply and I hope you see why I posted twice . . . maybe I'm being naive of how it really works, but being an infrequent visitor I depended upon the sticky messages. . . .
    (1)