Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Combat staff skill not increasing by amount stated on weapon detail.

Thread Title: Combat staff skill not increasing by amount stated on weapon detail.

Platform: Windows

ISP: Comcast

Type of Internet Connection: CATV

Internet Connection Speed: 105Mbs download; 25Mbs upload

Date & Time: Thursday, August 20, 2015 at 14:20 CDT

Frequency: Always

Character Name: IBHalliwell

Race: Hume M

World: Ragnarok

Main Job: 119SMN

Support Job: 49RDM

Area and Coordinates: Moghouse - Entered from Bastok Markets

Party or Solo: Party and/or Solo (occurs regardless of party, solo, or size of party (tested with 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 members)).

NPC Name: None

Monster Name: None

Steps:
    1. Looked at my main weapon. It is a Gridarvor with a staff skill plus of 242 and a parrying skill plus of 242. Please see the screenshot at:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/1028358...posted-public/
    2. Brought up the combat skill menu (Menu->Status->Combat Skill) and looked at both the staff and parrying skills. Staff skill was at 414. Parrying skill was at 382. Please see the screenshot at:
    3. Removed the main weapon (Gridarvor) and again examined the combat skill menu (Menu->Status->Combat Skill) and looked at both the staff and parrying skills. The staff skill was SILL 414, while the parrying skill decreased to 140 (382-242). Please see screenshot at:
    4. Put the main weapon (Gridarvor) on and again examined the combat skill menu (Menu->Status->Combat Skill) and looked at both the staff and parrying skills. Staff skill was at 414. Parrying skill was back up to 382. Please see the screenshot at:

Obviously there is a problem with the staff skill increasing as expected by the amount described by the weapon.

NOTE: From what I can tell the problem is NOT just with Gridarvor or 119 main weapons. I saw the problem with a 117 main weapon on DRG, which I'll report separately, as the template seems to be for one job / one character / one server.

Step 1

===========================================================
    Steps 2 and 4

===========================================================
    Step 3
    (0)
    Last edited by IBHalliwell; 08-21-2015 at 05:26 AM.

You're getting the skill benefits, it just doesn't show in the menu. Skill on iLevel weapons never shows in the menu, as it only works for that particular weapon (in the case of dual-wielding).
    (0)

Character
    Poooty
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I would like to add that since combat skills (such as the staff skill here) affects your melee attack and accuracy, you'll be able to see the effects of the staff skill stat on your weapon by using /checkparam <me> and looking at the difference in attack and accuracy compared to an inferior staff (such as the Eminent Staff).
    (0)

Level 100+ weapons not increasing skill in the menu is working as intended, not a bug, as they don't want those weapons to enable access to weaponskills that your job normally doesn't have the skill level for at level 99. When they released iLevel equipment, they stated that in the patch notes.

The bonus skill levels in the equipment stats are the need only one stat to show you how it affects damage and accuracy. More skill = more damage and more accuracy.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    You're getting the skill benefits, it just doesn't show in the menu. Skill on iLevel weapons never shows in the menu, as it only works for that particular weapon (in the case of dual-wielding).
    I'm sorry, I don't understand as Parrying (which is a skill on an iLevel weapon (in this case Parrying +242)) is showing up on the Combat Skill display. Please see the increase and decrease in the parrying in the screenshots.

Also isn't what you say true (about the skill level being specific) for all weapons regardless of level. After all some weapons (before he 100-119 level) also increased various combat and magic skills and they showed the increase the combat and/or magic skill display.
    (0)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooty View Post
    I would like to add that since combat skills (such as the staff skill here) affects your melee attack and accuracy, you'll be able to see the effects of the staff skill stat on your weapon by using /checkparam <me> and looking at the difference in attack and accuracy compared to an inferior staff (such as the Eminent Staff).
    Thank you. I'll give it a try. Honestly, this is the first I heard of the /checkparm command.
    (0)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Level 100+ weapons not increasing skill in the menu is working as intended, not a bug, as they don't want those weapons to enable access to weaponskills that your job normally doesn't have the skill level for at level 99. When they released iLevel equipment, they stated that in the patch notes.

The bonus skill levels in the equipment stats are the need only one stat to show you how it affects damage and accuracy. More skill = more damage and more accuracy.
    Thank you for your explanation.

BTW, while I have the ear of knowledgeable people . . . I have another thread / issue open about my Son's character (Ramrat on Ragnarok) not being able to proceed in RoV. While in a CS he got DC (power loss) and when he got back on to both my computer and his own, he's unable to start the CS over again OR continue to the next mission.

What should we do? Are we doing all we can by posting on these forums? Honestly, he's worried he'll never get to "finish" FFXI and he's been playing since March 2004 and would like to complete RoV, as well as the other expansions.

All I can say is have faith, trust, etc, but I don't know . . .
    (0)