Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Job-Specific Merit Point Categories Maximum

In the 2015 August update the maximum merits for attributes, combat, and magic skills were increased. I was wondering if there was any chance that the job specific merits would also see an increase at some point. I realize that some jobs only have 4 categories so an increase to 15 would let them nearly max all, and 20 would let them max all, but other jobs have 7 and could really benefit from it.
    (5)

Character
    Doctorweird
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 30
    At this point I say go for it. It's practically free content. Sure, it won't take long to max them all, but it's almost no dev time. And it's unlikely to cause many balance issues because people are already maxing out the good ones and ignoring the less useful ones. Oh, no, a useless spell might see the light of day for once.
    (4)

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    yo dawg, 5/5 blind2 is too overpowered and will upset the balance of this here fine established game.
    (4)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    A ninja with all elemental ninjutsu capped is OP, especially in contents outside Adoulin where the target's magic defense is very low.
    (0)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yes ninja nuking already way too strong to allow this to happen, my server is flooded with ninjutsu burn groups.
    (2)

Character
    Fahzewn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Not that I wouldn't want at least 5 points more per category including "Others"...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post557090
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahzewn View Post
    Not that I wouldn't want at least 5 points more per category including "Others"...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post557090
    Yeah that really confused me. HP/MP are already so you can max them out completely. It's like something got lost in translation. Could it be they are talking about increasing the amount you can increase HP/MP from 15 to 20?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeviathan View Post
    A ninja with all elemental ninjutsu capped is OP, especially in contents outside Adoulin where the target's magic defense is very low.
    That covers pretty much every job tho, including sch. Unless we restrict ilvl gear in every zone outside adoulin.
    You can go into any zone and just destroy everything there with little effort. It doesn't really matter in the end, plus, a majority of the server populations spend most of their time in ilvl zones/battlefields anyway.

I would support an increase to job specific categories for all jobs, if we could max them out, all the better, most merit categories are fairly weak anyway because people already merited the useful ones, everything else is just leftovers that wasn't practical under current caps.
    (1)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I was just trolling, I might be bad at it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeviathan View Post
    I was just trolling, I might be bad at it.
    Or I'm bad at seeing it^^
    But either way, the issue of potential balance breaking does come into play when discussing increases, you know SE will say that anyway.
    But I just don't see that they would be of serious consequence anymore, esp given the power of job point/gift categories. A dozen more points or two to cap out merits in categories 1 and 2 just don't seem to be very breaking. Those were designed with a lv 75 cap in mind, now were at 99 with an ilvl cap of 119, they generally aren't as consequential to balance anymore like they used to be.

Hopefully, SE considers it.
    If not released all the way like they pretty much did combat skill categories, at least enough to put 3 in each skill.
    Would be nice to put 3 in each San spell for ninja for example.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast