Thread: Parry Rate

Player

Parry Rate

Anyone know how strong Inquartata is? I was curious how much parry rate it grants initially and at each level afterward. Furthermore, how much do the Erilaz Leg Guards affect it?

How about the cap on parry rate? What's the highest parry chance we can get?
    (0)

The initial effect of the job trait Inquartata gives a 5% increase to the rate of parry while the subsequent ranks increase this effect by 2%. The effect of “Inquartata +” when wearing Erilaz Leg Guards gives you an additional rank (+2%), and when wearing Erilaz Leg Guards +1, it gives you two additional ranks (+4%).

While I cannot share the exact value of the parry cap, when fighting a monster that is the same level or above, the value is such that you will not be able to reach the maximum. On the other hand, when fighting monsters that are lower level than you, there will be cases that you reach the cap; however, these are monsters that are so weak that you wouldn’t be rewarded experience points from them.
    (5)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Why can't you just say anything, if this is correct, then BLU is getting Inquartata III. Its about time you guys just give us these values seeing as the game is coming to a close in November.
    (0)

I have a question about it (since I'm leveling RUN next) is this a flat +5% parry rate or is it a 5% increase to the parry rate value we currently have?
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    Why can't you just say anything, if this is correct, then BLU is getting Inquartata III. Its about time you guys just give us these values seeing as the game is coming to a close in November.
    The game isn't coming to a close in november, or at any specific set date. Console support is ending, but the PC version will continue.

They're not going to just spill the beans on every game detail solely because "the game is dying."
    (1)

6. 08-21-2015 07:59 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    I have a question about it (since I'm leveling RUN next) is this a flat +5% parry rate or is it a 5% increase to the parry rate value we currently have?
    This is a 5% increase to your current parry rate.

Another example is with the job ability Battuta. This gives a 40% increase to your base parry rate, and with each merit point upgrade into this ability it increases in 4% increments.

Additionally, the effect from the job ability Battuta and the job trait Inquartata aren’t determined by the enemies’ strength, but applied directly as a percentage. (In cases where you see "Parry skill" and "Parry skill +", these values will change depending on an enemies’ strength.)
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Player
    these values will change depending on an enemies’ strength.)
    Oh, so it depends on their strength stat?

(2)

Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I would have never guessed that parry had anything to do with STR.

EDIT: Unless "strength" means "level" as in how 'strong' a monster is.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    strength would logically make you more likely able to successfully parry (stop an incoming attack with your weapon).
    (0)