Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Progress halted after DC during CS (RoV Mission: Call of the Void

Hello,

My Son (Ramrat on Ragnarok) was watching the CS for the RoV mission "Call of the Volid," when he disconnected. He then logged back in using my computer and found he was in the Empyreal Paradox, but:
    1. The mission log still show the current mission as "Call of the Void."
    2. He didn't have the expect Cipher.

He went back to the Dimensional Portal for Dem (and later Holla) and instead of sending him into the CS, it asked him where he wanted to go. He click on Empyreal Paradox and went there, but still no CS or Cipher. Also the mission log still show he's currently on "Call of the Void."

He went to the Transcendental Radiance and only got the amber light message.

The Square Enix support center said either to call a GM (never replied) and/or post on the forum (doing so now) so someone can fix my account.

I really want to finish RoV, please! I've been playing since March 2004 and want to continue.

System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    NOTE: File check finds ZERO issues on my system.
    NOTE: I also logged into another Windows system where the player got the CS, Cipher, and onto the next mission. When I tried to get the CS or the next mission I again failed. Thus it is NOT an issue with the copy of FFXI / POL I'm using as it works for him.

Ramrat on Ragnarok (I'm using my Dad's account, as he pays for his and mine -- he was already logged in.)

(We wrote this together, which is why it reads from the perspective of two people.)

----------------------------------------------------------

Thread Title: Progress halted after DC during CS (RoV Mission: Call of the Void)

Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (both systems)

ISP: Comcast

Type of Internet Connection: CATV

Internet Connection Speed: 105Mbs download / 25Mbs upload

Date & Time: Approximately Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 16:00 CDT

Frequency: Always

Character Name: Ramrat

Race: TartutaruM

World: Ragnarok

Main Job: 119DNC

Support Job: 49WHM

Area and Coordinates: Konschtat Highland @ I-7

Party or Solo: Party (2 characters / players)

NPC Name: Dimensional Portal

Monster Name: None

Steps:

Started RoV Mission: Call of the Void
    Went to Dem and clicked on the Dimensional Portal
    Started watching cutscene
    Disconnected (DC) (power failure (blown fuse)) while watching the cutscrene.
    Went to second system (not having fuse box issue) and logged back in
    Found character at / in the Empyreal Paradox
    Checked mission log and for expected Cipher (Selh'teus) item. Log still showed Call of the Void and no expected Cipher (Selh'teus).
    Did teleport Dem and went to the Dimensional Portal and instead of getting CS got prompt to go to Sea or Empyreal Paradox.
    Went to Empyreal Paradox (no cutscene) and still no mission change. Tried clicking on Transcendental Radiance and got the "amber" message (basically nothing).
    Also tried going to Holla's Dimensional Portal -- no change.

NOTES:

Did file check on both copies of FFXI and found no issues.
    On second system (the one I used), Dad's character (IBHalliwell (Ragnarok)) was able to complete Call of the Void and is now on the next mission (Both Paths Taken).
    IMHO, the issue is not with the copies of FFXI / POL.

I'm suspecting the problem is a slight programming one, such as:

Bit / hidden key item set to start cutscene (CS) at the Dimensional Portal.
    Once cutscene starts, the bit / hidden key item goes away or goes to 0
    Disconnect occurs
    Character tries to start the CS, but the hidden key item or bit is not there to start the cutscene.

Fix (Long term)? Keep the CS as needed until it is completed, not when it starts. OR once CS starts for this mission set next mission and give Cipher so if disconnect (DC) occurs there is not problem.

Bottom line: We need help getting Ramrat on Ragnarok back on track to finishing RoV, PLEASE! One solution is to put him on the next mission and send via the delivery system the cipher (though Ram says he can live without it) OR set the character back up to properly start the cutscene or a third option. In any case, please, someone help.
    (0)
    Last edited by IBHalliwell; 08-21-2015 at 03:09 AM.

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Please help -- What should we do to continue? how do we get help?

Hello,

Thus far we have yet to hear from anyone here or from SE. As of last night (Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 01:30 CDT), Ramrat (on Ragnarok) still can't get the CS to Call of the Void or start the next mission.

Where / how do we get help on this issue!

/bow
    (0)

My experience with corrupt mission states, which I have had on San d'Oria mission 8-2 since 2013, is that GMs can't fix it, only the dev team can, and my issue, to my knowledge, has not been fixed since I reported it in September or November 2013. I got escalated to an SGM a few months ago, but then have not had long or regular playtime since, because of having moved and having been on-call on my job more often.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Maahes
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I didn't dc, but I did have full inventory so couldn't get cipher or enter battle. Same message and same choice at the portal.

I was able to get the cipher from the glowing sparkle immediately right as you enter paradox (turn 180 from the bc entrance). If ran past it every time as behind the wall.

Like I said. I was just full. But maybe worth looking
    (0)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    My experience with corrupt mission states, which I have had on San d'Oria mission 8-2 since 2013, is that GMs can't fix it, only the dev team can, and my issue, to my knowledge, has not been fixed since I reported it in September or November 2013. I got escalated to an SGM a few months ago, but then have not had long or regular playtime since, because of having moved and having been on-call on my job more often.
    Hello,

How do we / Ramrat get escalated to an SGM?

Thank you so very much for replying.
    (0)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Solution found!

Quote Originally Posted by Maahes View Post
    I didn't dc, but I did have full inventory so couldn't get cipher or enter battle. Same message and same choice at the portal.

I was able to get the cipher from the glowing sparkle immediately right as you enter paradox (turn 180 from the bc entrance). If ran past it every time as behind the wall.

Like I said. I was just full. But maybe worth looking
    Thank you so very much! I wasn't sure what you meant from the description, but went there, turned around and saw the two "things" in the corner. One is the "Dimensional Portal" and the other an unnamed flashy item on the floor (not even a ???). Clicking the unnamed flashy item gave both the cipher and an advance on the mission!!

You're great and thank for sharing!

For those wanting to see what I am trying to describe, here it is:

Image start:

Image end:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10283584@N05/20802399016/
    (0)
    Last edited by IBHalliwell; 08-24-2015 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Solution found and tried to add an image of where to click

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    They often put these shiny spots called "Resume Points" near areas with cutscenes to start over if you get disconnected in the middle.
    (0)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    They often put these shiny spots called "Resume Points" near areas with cutscenes to start over if you get disconnected in the middle.
    Never knew they did this to help us. Glad they did. :-) Glad I now know. Wish everyone did (well, maybe I was the last one to learn about it. ;-) )
    (0)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Follow up: We're both on Uncertain Futures, but . . .

Hi,

Before I post a new thread asking for help, I thought I'd ask here . . .

We both are now on the mission "Uncertain Futures" and have the key item from the previous mission.

Thing is when Ram entered the Alzadaal Undersea Ruins, he did NOT get the cutscene with Volto Oscuro talking about Odin and gathering darkness. I did get that very quick cutscene. We both teleported in and I also had him zone out into Caedarva Mire and back again, plus logout and back in, but still no cutscene starts.

Thoughts, idea, etc., on how Ram can proceed?

Strange, I get the cutscene but he doesn't and we were using the exact same system.

--- UPDATE: I just went to the Empyreal Paradox expecting a cutscene, but didn't get one. Thoughts?

(Oh, mentioning systems -- any word on using Final Fantasy XI on Windows 10 Pro (Retail/Full)? I'm installing a clean (not migrating using the free for my system) using an USB flash drive from Amazon/Microsoft. I like things being clean from time to time and if Windows 10 will be the last version, well, there will be lots of times one might need to do a clean install and . . . Anyway, any word on FFXI on Windows 10?
    (0)
    Last edited by IBHalliwell; 08-24-2015 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Update: Didn't get Empyreal Paradox CS (Son still not getting eitther one)

Quote Originally Posted by IBHalliwell View Post
    Anyway, any word on FFXI on Windows 10?
    Works fine for me.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast