Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Progress halted after DC during CS (RoV Mission: Call of the Void

Hello,

Thread Title: Progress halted after DC during CS (RoV Mission: Call of the Void)

Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (both systems)

ISP: Comcast

Type of Internet Connection: CATV

Internet Connection Speed: 105Mbs download / 25Mbs upload

Date & Time: Approximately Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 16:00 CDT

Frequency: Always

Character Name: Ramrat

Race: TartutaruM

World: Ragnarok

Main Job: 119DNC

Support Job: 49WHM

Area and Coordinates: Konschtat Highland @ I-7

Party or Solo: Party (2 characters / players)

NPC Name: Dimensional Portal

Monster Name: None

Steps:
    1. Started RoV Mission: Call of the Void
    2. Went to Dem and clicked on the Dimensional Portal
    3. Started watching cutscene
    4. Disconnected (DC) (power failure (blown fuse)) while watching the cutscrene.
    5. Went to second system (not having fuse box issue) and logged back in
    6. Found character at / in the Empyreal Paradox
    7. Checked mission log and for expected Cipher (Selh'teus) item. Log still showed Call of the Void and no expected Cipher (Selh'teus).
    8. Did teleport Dem and went to the Dimensional Portal and instead of getting CS got prompt to go to Sea or Empyreal Paradox.
    9. Went to Empyreal Paradox (no cutscene) and still no mission change. Tried clicking on Transcendental Radiance and got the "amber" message (basically nothing).
    10. Also tried going to Holla's Dimensional Portal -- no change.

NOTES:
    1. Did file check on both copies of FFXI and found no issues.
    2. On second system (the one I used), Dad's character (IBHalliwell (Ragnarok)) was able to complete Call of the Void and is now on the next mission (Both Paths Taken).
    3. IMHO, the issue is not with the copies of FFXI / POL.

I'm suspecting the problem is a slight programming one, such as:
    • Bit / hidden key item set to start cutscene (CS) at the Dimensional Portal.
    • Once cutscene starts, the bit / hidden key item goes away or goes to 0
    • Disconnect occurs
    • Character tries to start the CS, but the hidden key item or bit is not there to start the cutscene.
    Fix (Long term)? Keep the CS bit / hidden key item showing CS needed until it completes, not when it starts. OR once CS starts for this mission set next mission and give Cipher, so if disconnect (DC) occurs the problem doesn't occur with a disconnect.

Bottom line: Please, someone fix Ramrat on Ragnarok so my Son can continue. He says he's willing to skip getting the cipher (but I don't think it is fair), but if that is what it takes . . . He simply wants to complete RoV, please! So . . . if you could say:
    • Set him ot the next mission and send him the cipher by the delivery system or
    • Set up the current mission to restart the cutscene OR
    • A third option (e.g. out of the box) that accomplishes getting him going and (hopefully) the cipher

As I say, the bottom line is - please - get Ramrat on Ragnarok going again. He's been a loyal player since March 2004 and . . . Thank you. /bow
    (0)
    Last edited by IBHalliwell; 08-21-2015 at 03:13 AM. Reason: (1) Changed from pros to template; (2) Changed wording from passive to active for the Fix? section;

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Please help -- What should we do to continue? how do we get help?

Hello,

Thus far we have yet to hear from anyone here or from SE. As of last night (Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 01:30 CDT), Ramrat (on Ragnarok) still can't get the CS to Call of the Void or start the next mission.

Where / how do we get help on this issue!

/bow
    (0)