Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

-AGAing the blm Fell Cleave

so i was in a Fell Cleave party a while ago, but instead of a WAR using FC, it was one blm, he would run around grabbing all of the Taurus type mobs, manafont, then Aja the crap outta them till they died. After finding an isl he would run out and grab more to Aga. This was HIGHLY impressive and has sense been my ultimate goal in ffxi.

I know a lot of ppl will not condone doing this, but i can just imagin how benifitial it would be for me to be able to do this, for item farming solo, for getting solo merits, to kill time, or farming cruor. I took a few screenshots to remember what the blm wore:

Witchstone
    Dark Ring with -phys atk mods
    Ethreal Earring
    Goetia Sabbots +2
    Witch Sash
    Serpentes Cuffs
    Orochi Nodowa
    Umbra Cape
    Pluviale
    Wyvre Hairpin (with refresh)
    Terra Staff
    Loq Earring
    ASA Legs

This gear he used to gather the mobs. what gear he used to actually nuke them? i don't know.

Has anyone tried to Aga the way a war can Fell Cleave? does anyone have any advice on what i need (besides skill) to be able to do this?
    (1)

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I do this now and again, although you have to get a feel for just how many mobs is too many.

Best off just doing it on worms, a lot safer and they can be aspired. Or better yet join in the AoE WS burn and use the Cataclysm weapon skill. BLM can pull out some ridiculous damage with it.
    (1)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofgeeks View Post
    I know a lot of ppl will not condone doing this, but i can just imagin how benifitial it would be for me to be able to do this, for item farming solo, for getting solo merits, to kill time, or farming cruor. I took a few screenshots to remember what the blm wore:

Witchstone
    Dark Ring with -phys atk mods
    Ethreal Earring
    Goetia Sabbots +2
    Witch Sash
    Serpentes Cuffs
    Orochi Nodowa
    Umbra Cape
    Pluviale
    Wyvre Hairpin (with refresh)
    Terra Staff
    Loq Earring
    ASA Legs

This gear he used to gather the mobs. what gear he used to actually nuke them? i don't know.

Has anyone tried to Aga the way a war can Fell Cleave? does anyone have any advice on what i need (besides skill) to be able to do this?
    There are some people who post on this forum who are way more experienced with AOE burning Abyss mobs than me, but here is what I know.

The best mobs to use are monk types (i.e. Tauri, Mandies, Apkallu) because of the way they attack its easier to reduce damage. You want to aim for a good -PDT set when you`re pulling and sleeping. You also want to use this set when you`re sleeping in between nukes. Buff up before pulling obviously, RDM is the superior sub for this because of Phalanx, Convert, Refresh etc. Use Mana Wall and convert at your discretion. Basically your cap will be 50% for -PDT, here are some more items that you could use in this build:

Items for the -pdt build:
    - Earth or Terra Staff
    - Dark rings from highlands gold chests
    - Twilight Torque
    - Jelly Ring
    - D.Ring if you`re lucky enough
    - Goliard Trews

AF3 feet are excellent for enhancing your Mana wall too.

And theres probably a few more things that Ive missed along the way.
    (1)
    Last edited by blowfin; 04-07-2011 at 03:03 AM.

Character
    Kuwabaraone
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Well, to practice 'Fell Cleaving' as a BLM, start with the worm camps. Downside is they're mages too, so you'll need to have ManaWall if you don't want to die outright. But trust me, it CAN be done. Also, make sure you have -Ja Spells, or at LEAST Tier III -Ga Spells. Still amazes me that I can get up to 9 worms in La Theine with Ja Spells and Ga Spells...but enough of me. Just some practice with them is good, then work up to mandies and then you should be golden at that point.

KB1
    (1)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwabaraone View Post
    Well, to practice 'Fell Cleaving' as a BLM, start with the worm camps. Downside is they're mages too, so you'll need to have ManaWall if you don't want to die outright. But trust me, it CAN be done. Also, make sure you have -Ja Spells, or at LEAST Tier III -Ga Spells. Still amazes me that I can get up to 9 worms in La Theine with Ja Spells and Ga Spells...but enough of me. Just some practice with them is good, then work up to mandies and then you should be golden at that point.

KB1
    I wouldn't suggest practicing with worms actually, even though they are fun to AoE burn. The mobs mechanics are a lot different (i.e. they don't move) and it isn't going to prepare you at all for a target that chases and actually hits you. I'd suggest starting with small pulls (1 or 2 mobs even) of monk type mobs and working your way up.

You are right about the spells though, you really do want a full spell list before you start doing this. Especially the -ja spells.
    (1)

Character
    Monkeynutz
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Monks are great since phalanx in particular will negate a much higher percent of damage than on mobs that hit once per round. The downside is that they have higher hp on average, and I think Apkallu have MDB or similar, but I forget. Maybe it would be good to start on chigoes. They hit fast but with enough damage reduction they shouldn't hurt much. Obviously slow mobs are good for this as well. Also, if you start getting hit too much and find that you can't cast, Manafont+Manawall+Sleepga II is pretty much idiot proof assuming you can get it all off.
    (0)

Character
    Kuwabaraone
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynutz View Post
    Monks are great since phalanx in particular will negate a much higher percent of damage than on mobs that hit once per round. The downside is that they have higher hp on average, and I think Apkallu have MDB or similar, but I forget. Maybe it would be good to start on chigoes. They hit fast but with enough damage reduction they shouldn't hurt much. Obviously slow mobs are good for this as well. Also, if you start getting hit too much and find that you can't cast, Manafont+Manawall+Sleepga II is pretty much idiot proof assuming you can get it all off.
    True, for moving mobs, Chigoes would work best with Phalanx up. Tricky part is you can't target them until they hit you first. Slow mobs are also good to work on. I'd switch Manafont+M.Wall+SleepgaII with M.Wall+SleepgaII+M.Font though. M.Font at this point should be for emergencies. We can't match RDMs in Casting Spell just yet.

KB1
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    M.Font at this point should be for emergencies..
    Manafont is an essential tool, not just for emergencies, you want to be using it every pull if you can get the restore chests and/or revitalizers. The value of being able to cast for free when mobs are chipping away at mana wall is enormous, plus you won't get interrupted if you start taking damage. Solo it's worth staggering with sleeps, if you have any healing support though you can just go bonkers with nukes.
    (0)

Character
    Lyltia
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    You don't need healing or Sleepgas; pull your mobs, run to camp, Manafont > Manawall > nuke away. If you can't kill them in the time it takes for the mobs to bash their way through 2 Manawalled MP pools + your HP, your nuking set is nowhere near strong enough to pull this off. Sleepgas just waste Manafont time.
    (2)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    You don't need healing or Sleepgas; pull your mobs, run to camp, Manafont > Manawall > nuke away. If you can't kill them in the time it takes for the mobs to bash their way through 2 Manawalled MP pools + your HP, your nuking set is nowhere near strong enough to pull this off. Sleepgas just waste Manafont time.
    It's more atmas and a good -pdt set that make the difference, but yeah, pretty much.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast