Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Player Draylo-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    183
    Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

    One of the biggest problems with Escha

    One huge problem that makes me hate doing Escha, getting Tribulens. Is there any way possible to make this item a permanent KI that automatically expends Silt when you try to pop a NM (like Unity Nms)? It's really annoying have to run back to the npc every single time to pop a NM. I understand you need special items to create NM specific KI, only the leader has to do that though. Make it so maybe only the leader has to go back for those KI but Tribulens stays for everyone else.
    (5)

  2. #2
    Player bazookatooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    One huge problem that makes me hate doing Escha, getting Tribulens. Is there any way possible to make this item a permanent KI that automatically expends Silt when you try to pop a NM (like Unity Nms)? It's really annoying have to run back to the npc every single time to pop a NM. I understand you need special items to create NM specific KI, only the leader has to do that though. Make it so maybe only the leader has to go back for those KI but Tribulens stays for everyone else.
    It's probably done this way so that people can't monopolize the 10-15 different ??? that no one is using in any escha zone at any given time. They vastly overestimated the popularity of fighting monsters that spam AOE and kill every DD (the most popular role in the game) every 10 seconds.
    (2)

  3. #3
    Player Urat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    171
    Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Get a party with 1 puller (Pld works well), 1 healer, and 4 jobs that can AoE (bst, blu, blm, sch, smn, etc)

    Have paladin pull 6-10 VT mobs together into a pile and then everyone AoE them down.

    If you do it well and get into the groove of it, its easy and fast Silt. I and my LS members average about 100K~120K Silt/hour. That's a LOT of tribulens.

    If people got out of the "hurr durr Im gonna go into escha and solo with 5 trusts, man this is slow" mentality and actually formed parties like SE wants (you get a silt bonus for every party member you have) you would realize it doesnt take long at all to farm up a tonne of silt.
    (0)

  4. #4
    Player Draylo-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    183
    Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urat View Post
    Get a party with 1 puller (Pld works well), 1 healer, and 4 jobs that can AoE (bst, blu, blm, sch, smn, etc)

    Have paladin pull 6-10 VT mobs together into a pile and then everyone AoE them down.

    If you do it well and get into the groove of it, its easy and fast Silt. I and my LS members average about 100K~120K Silt/hour. That's a LOT of tribulens.

    If people got out of the "hurr durr Im gonna go into escha and solo with 5 trusts, man this is slow" mentality and actually formed parties like SE wants (you get a silt bonus for every party member you have) you would realize it doesnt take long at all to farm up a tonne of silt.
    Uh I am going to guess you didn't even read the OP? Try reading before you post next time.
    (8)

  5. #5
    Player Zarchery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,412
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Maybe they could sell something like a "Tribulens 10 Pack".
    (0)

  6. #6
    Player detlef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,640
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Unity/Accolade system seems the easiest and most convenient.
    (1)

  7. #7
    Player Urat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    171
    Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The reason SE is forced to do it this way is tribulens increase in cost, so they need to track that.

    Unity accolade system is nice and easier because its a static cost that doesnt go up.

    If you wanted to not have to run back to the NPC, SE would have to make accolades cost a constant 1K...

    I'm in favor of this. Escha is not packed, the zones are kind of barren, and its because tribulens cost increases make it not worth doing runs of more than 6 at a time.

    SE, please remove the increase to tribulens costs every 3 runs... it's not doing much good, its just frustrating ls leaders who need to constantly bug ls members to farm up silt, and ls members are like "But I thought 6K silt was enough" when in reality they need like 12K...
    (0)

  8. #8
    Player Draylo-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    183
    Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Bump, any chance of this?
    (0)

  9. #9
    Player bazookatooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Urat View Post
    The reason SE is forced to do it this way is tribulens increase in cost, so they need to track that.

    Unity accolade system is nice and easier because its a static cost that doesnt go up.

    If you wanted to not have to run back to the NPC, SE would have to make accolades cost a constant 1K...

    I'm in favor of this. Escha is not packed, the zones are kind of barren, and its because tribulens cost increases make it not worth doing runs of more than 6 at a time.

    SE, please remove the increase to tribulens costs every 3 runs... it's not doing much good, its just frustrating ls leaders who need to constantly bug ls members to farm up silt, and ls members are like "But I thought 6K silt was enough" when in reality they need like 12K...
    It's extra crappy because the jobs that you need the most are the jobs that have the hardest time farming silt. WHM, BRD etc. pretty much suck at it, while the DD jobs that are a dime a dozen can farm it incredibly fast. We have BLUs and BSTs in our shell who complain about the 1,000,000 silt cap being too low. :P

    We could and sometimes do silt farm as an LS event because of this and I frequently let LS mates leech just so that they can do events with me, but people trying to farm in pick up groups will probably be stuck doing short runs with players that have very little silt.
    (0)

  10. #10
    Player Olor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,134
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    It's extra crappy because the jobs that you need the most are the jobs that have the hardest time farming silt. WHM, BRD etc. pretty much suck at it, while the DD jobs that are a dime a dozen can farm it incredibly fast. We have BLUs and BSTs in our shell who complain about the 1,000,000 silt cap being too low. :P

    We could and sometimes do silt farm as an LS event because of this and I frequently let LS mates leech just so that they can do events with me, but people trying to farm in pick up groups will probably be stuck doing short runs with players that have very little silt.
    Can't you farm silt on one job and use it on another? Or am I wrong about that?
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast