Character
    Jeanpaul
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99

Domain Invasion: Thoughts and Concerns

Hello! Well, so far this event has proven interesting. I loved Wildskeeper Reives and having more content where people can join freely is great. I do want to voice a few things from my experiences with it:
    • The main monsters' detection range seems too large, drawing unsuspecting players in before they have had a chance to prepare. I've observed many players home pointing and giving up on the content as they are quickly killed with little to no chance of being raised in a safe area. Please consider reducing this detection range.
    • I've observed that rewards come in many forms, including area bonuses, vorseals, and personal items. While I personally think these rewards are incentive enough, others have said they wished to see more variety in item rewards. Are there thoughts to expand possible item rewards in some way?
    • Some players have had complained of not being rewarded in any fashion for contributing progress, yet not being present upon it's defeat. In example: A group of players weaken Naga Raja down to 30% of it's HP, but end up going to bed after the time runs out and it warps away. Later, other players manage to finish it off. Have you considered partial rewards or perhaps some method for players to extend the timer if progress is being made?

I encourage other players to voice their thoughts on this content too.
    (7)
    Last edited by JeanPaul; 08-15-2015 at 05:05 PM.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Thanks for starting this up, it's a great way to get some feedback on what could be a very interesting battle system! I find myself completely in agreement on the detection system, especially since it can be somewhat strange at times; there are occasionally times where I can go in on BST and sic my pet on it to try and draw the lamia away (and hopefully encourage other players to jump in without getting myself killed), while other times I barely enter the battle zone and I'm Drawn In and eat a Glacial Breath or a hail of arrows/nukes from the lamia. These are, obviously for Ru'aun in particular. To add to the discussion:

Is there a way that we can get things rolling without having wait and hope someone comes on Paladin? I'm not saying like thrown an army of pets at it (and in fact, the huge range of Gregale Wing discourages this as it can hit most of the battlefield and paralyze pet commands), but maybe something like scaling the number of adds with the number of participants? Since he respawns adds, perhaps make it that during those respawns it does a check of how many people have the elvorseal and adjusts respawns based on that? It might make starting a little less rough for a start, while still maintaining the same general difficulty throughout battle. Once things get started it's usually pretty straightforward, but until that ball gets rolling it's just a constant death-fest, and that tends to discourage people from joining.

As another note, while I agree with Jeanpaul's proposal of partial rewards and/or time extensions, I want to look at the flipside of this; I've seen people who have literally jumped in at the last second, cast a single spell or something, and be rewarded as much as everyone else. Is it possible to make it somewhat like Reives, where you have to at least make a certain impact on the fight (even just killing the adds) in order to be rewarded?

And finally, one last thing to discuss: one of my linkshell mates got knocked out of the battlefield zone and killed by an attack during a Naga Raja, and before he could be raised, the battle ended. Because he was outside of the light due to knockback, he didn't get any rewards. While we shouldn't be hiding/idling near the zone line, a system to prevent that (something like resistance for running through characters like we used to have, to prevent you from just flying out without actively aiming to leave) would be nice.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Thanks for the feedback thus far on Domain Invasion.

In the September version update we will be implementing an evaluation system. This will be similar to what we have in place for reives, and you will be able to earn capacity points depending on the amount of evaluation points you accrue.
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Omnijuggernaut
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    FINAL FANTASY XI Updated (Sep. 17)
    A version update was performed on FINAL FANTASY XI at the following time.

[Date & Time]
    Sep. 17, 2015 2:00 (PDT)
    Sep. 17, 2015 9:00 (GMT)

[Affected Service]
    - FINAL FANTASY XI

[Update Details]
    The following issues with Domain Invasion have been addressed.
    -An issue wherein the number of capacity points received in relation to evaluation was incorrect.
    -An issue when receiving escha silt based on evaluation wherein the number of escha silt possessed could exceed the maximum limit.
    This was not a fix, this was a horrible nerf, before this was done people were actually doing invasion, there was something worth doing in there besides chasing ridiculously low drop rate of a single belt. Without the huge CP gain from it nobody wants to do it anymore.
    (4)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    This was not a fix, this was a horrible nerf, before this was done people were actually doing invasion, there was something worth doing in there besides chasing ridiculously low drop rate of a single belt. Without the huge CP gain from it nobody wants to do it anymore.
    They pretty much killed this content.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Well they were also done for Refresh/Regen vorseals, and on my server the dragons are still being killed. Since it's not 1 dragon = 1 vorseal but an increasing number of kills to unlock each one, it takes a lot of clears to work on capping that off. I know I'll happily pursue Naga Raja until I cap my Refresh vorseal.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Well they were also done for Refresh/Regen vorseals, and on my server the dragons are still being killed. Since it's not 1 dragon = 1 vorseal but an increasing number of kills to unlock each one, it takes a lot of clears to work on capping that off. I know I'll happily pursue Naga Raja until I cap my Refresh vorseal.
    That's why I'm doing them, but a large portion of the population either doesn't care, is busy at the time they pop or is afk. A lot of people were so turned off by zoning in and getting killed that they just stopped messing with them. Another HUGE problem is that they are announced in the incredibly buggy and always full unity chat system, so a lot of people just plain miss them. The messages should really be system wide. Unity chat seems to serve no real purpose other than to annoy people.
    (0)