Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Option to remove auras from avatars, cavernous maws, and Tier II Alter Egos

Can we have an option to remove the auras from glowing objects like avatars, maws, and tier II Trusts like Nashmeira II and Lion II?

These auras do NOT display well for many players on modern PCs. They are extremely pixelated and ugly. Plus, when there are lots of aura-covered things on screen, that slows down the game's frame rate a lot.
    (8)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Can we just get an option to turn off all the graphics, since they're all pixelated and ugly as well?

I'd rather them do something to fix or improve the appearance of them than add an option to disable them. Of course, neither option is probably likely =\
    (1)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Can we just get an option to turn off all the graphics, since they're all pixelated and ugly as well?

I'd rather them do something to fix or improve the appearance of them than add an option to disable them. Of course, neither option is probably likely =\
    Maybe on your PC, I don't have that issue.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    Maybe on your PC, I don't have that issue.
    Nope. My PC runs the game fine. If you don't think the graphics in this game look pixelly compared to modern games today, then you probably need glasses or something. The textures across the entire game are very low resolution (And the game engine supports higher resolutions than it uses for most things)

I'm sure their source art is high resolution, its really a shame that they didn't up the resolution used in game for PC.
    (0)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Firstly, how can you compare a 13 yr+ old game to modern games? Second, I still don't see the issue you are talking about. Avatar glows look fine on my screen as does the new trusts. Maybe you should share what you have your settings at.
    (1)

Character
    Craptaculous
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I believe it's Nvidia cards that don't render Auras correctly. It's same situation on my rig, the auras make whatever they're on look super jaggedy compared to if no aura. While I've heard of other people with other cards like ATI, having no problems with auras image quality.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    Firstly, how can you compare a 13 yr+ old game to modern games? Second, I still don't see the issue you are talking about. Avatar glows look fine on my screen as does the new trusts. Maybe you should share what you have your settings at.
    Firstly, I'm not comparing to any specific game. Secondly (No relation to your secondly >.>), the game's engine is capable of more than what they did with it. This has nothing to do with old vs modern. The game can higher resolution textures than get used. Probably the worst offender in the entire game is the mog house carpet. it looks a hell of a lot worse than the avatar auras.

Also, the above poster's statement is probable, because the auras don't look anywhere near as bad as you describe for me. However, that doesn't mean they couldn't be improved. If they can improve the title screen graphic, the resolution of the icons, and the resolution of the fonts, which are visible all over the game, there's no reason they can't use any higher resolution textures anywhwere else in the game (At least, on the Windows client).

It's stupid to have an option to disable something because it's ugly. The whole game looks about as good as those auras, and I dont see much complaint (other than this post) about that. Instead of an option to turn it off, they should fix it or make it look better. The avatars would look like crap without the auras and lose their magical appearance.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-17-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I don't mind the look of the glow but it does sometimes make my game lag terribly. I think it'd be a great idea to be able to disable the glows for times when you're doing things in a large group.
    (3)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by crptaculous View Post
    I believe it's Nvidia cards that don't render Auras correctly. It's same situation on my rig, the auras make whatever they're on look super jaggedy compared to if no aura. While I've heard of other people with other cards like ATI, having no problems with auras image quality.
    I can confirm this. I have 4 rigs running Nvidia cards (Titan x X2, 980ti, 780ti, 560) and they all have issues with lag and pixelation. I have 2 rigs running AMD cards (290x and 7850) neither of which have problems with auras.
    (2)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Firstly, I'm not comparing to any specific game. Secondly (No relation to your secondly >.>), the game's engine is capable of more than what they did with it. This has nothing to do with old vs modern. The game can higher resolution textures than get used. Probably the worst offender in the entire game is the mog house carpet. it looks a hell of a lot worse than the avatar auras.

Also, the above poster's statement is probable, because the auras don't look anywhere near as bad as you describe for me. However, that doesn't mean they couldn't be improved. If they can improve the title screen graphic, the resolution of the icons, and the resolution of the fonts, which are visible all over the game, there's no reason they can't use any higher resolution textures anywhwere else in the game (At least, on the Windows client).

It's stupid to have an option to disable something because it's ugly. The whole game looks about as good as those auras, and I dont see much complaint (other than this post) about that. Instead of an option to turn it off, they should fix it or make it look better. The avatars would look like crap without the auras and lose their magical appearance.
    It does seem to be an issue with Nvidia cards, based on other posts. It also affects performance of the game. This game, like all PC MMOs, has options to improve performance by removing certain effects. Cape Riverne consists of two of the most beautiful zones in the game, but if you turn off weather, it loses its beauty and a HELL of a lot more magic than removing the s***ty pixelation around Carbuncle. Honestly, an option to remove the s***ty pixelated aura would improve immersion for all players with Nvidia graphics.

You make several valid points, in that the game is capable of more (compare the textures in Konschtat to Vunkerl; they don't update the old zones' textures) and that replacing the aura with one that looks and performs better in terms of frame rate is a possibility. But it would likely be easiest simply to provide an option to disable the effect.

Personally, I'm sure than anyone experiencing this issue has NO attachment to the auras. They may be magical for you, but for players with this issue, it's about as magical as 50 Goobbue Sproutlings preventing Behemoth from appearing on your screen in FFXIV. Okay, it's not that bad. But it reduces the game's frame rate for something that looks about as attractive as Sanraku's secret stash of soul plates containing nude selfies of Cid and Titan.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast