Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Yeah, as pixelated as this game is in general, it's extremely good looking for it's age. They could have done a lot to improve graphics and performance on the PC client a long time ago, but that ship has sailed. I accept the game for what it is graphically. I just want it run smooth and be stable at this point.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Personally, I'm sure than anyone experiencing this issue has NO attachment to the auras. They may be magical for you, but for players with this issue, it's about as magical as 50 Goobbue Sproutlings preventing Behemoth from appearing on your screen in FFXIV. Okay, it's not that bad. But it reduces the game's frame rate for something that looks about as attractive as Sanraku's secret stash of soul plates containing nude selfies of Cid and Titan.
    Well a lot of things senselessly reduce the fps in this game no matter what kind of machine you have because the game barely uses your video hardware at all. =\ That's probably the biggest problem.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I don't know what y'all're talking about this being an Nvidia problem only, I only use ATI and have for years and have and this problem (and still do).
    (2)

We’re planning to implement a feature that allows you to toggle certain effects on and off, such as alter ego auras. Getting this feature prepared will take some time, so please look forward to this in a future version update.
    (8)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Also the skies with weather on of course used to look awesome in all zones. now some of them have a circle grid across them in places and looks horrendous. I think jugnar is one. It was like they made them lower rez or something cause these particular skies used to be so awesome lookin.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    dunno what you're talking about, the skies have always looked horrible whether weather (lol) is on or not. the pixels are even more giant than the mog house carpet.
    (1)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    We’re planning to implement a feature that allows you to toggle certain effects on and off, such as alter ego auras. Getting this feature prepared will take some time, so please look forward to this in a future version update.
    No need to ask politely for me to look forward to it--I definitely am! Thanks!
    (0)

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    For myself on ATI I always have to find which driver version doesn't lag. I can't speak for nvidia.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Also the skies with weather on of course used to look awesome in all zones. now some of them have a circle grid across them in places and looks horrendous. I think jugnar is one. It was like they made them lower rez or something cause these particular skies used to be so awesome lookin.
    Older zones have always looked like that, it was only a few expansions in that we got better looking skyboxes. And although I wish they would go back and refurbished the old areas with all the tricks they learned later on I don't think it has any chance to happen any time soon.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Older zones have always looked like that, it was only a few expansions in that we got better looking skyboxes. And although I wish they would go back and refurbished the old areas with all the tricks they learned later on I don't think it has any chance to happen any time soon.
    Thing is, on ps2 the older zones don't look like that. I noticed the giant pixels and grid in the sky once I jumped to pc in 09. Same for a few effects. Like ps2, theres really no pixels around lights/fire, but on pc the whole light graphic is pixelized. A few of the ws look nice on ps2 but on pc theres giant black boxes that show up in some of them.
    (2)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast