Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94

[dev1006] Merit Points

Is there going to be any other updates to the number of upgrades to Job Specific Merit Points?

Not saying we should increase the total upgrades per ability, but the total number of upgrades per group. Like having 15 upgrades in Group 2 Summoner Job Abilities but leaving the max per Ability at 5.
    (1)

It would be awesome to see job specific categories rebuilt. I would say a good half of the options in cat1 and 2 are too weak for people to consider upgrading. Take Thief's category 2 abilities for example;

assassin's charge - forcing a triple attack is great but most dagger weaponskills that are used already hit multiple times making the ability less effective. the recast is also too long unless you go 5/5 and even then it's still forever.
    feint - dropping target evasion was awesome when this ability was first introduced but since then tons of new abilities, spells and gear were also introduced making this ability largely useless.

I could keep going but you get the idea. job specific merits need to be reworked to fit the current game.

Also make a category that includes; regen, refresh and movement speed.
    (1)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Gropitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    "[dev1006] Merit Point Adjustments
    The upcoming version update will see an increase to maximum limit for point allocation in certain merit point categories.

Maximum Total Ability Increase by Category:

HP/MP: Increased from 8 to 12
    Attributes: Increased from 5 to 8
    Combat Skills: Increased from 20 to 32
    Magic Skills: Increased from 16 to 24
    Others: Increased from 8 to 10"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Considering the incredible amount of merits we are now accumulating, it would have been even more helpful to remove the category limits altogether. Having multiple jobs than require opposite skills, being able to upgrade them all one day would be my ultimate goal.
    (2)
    Last edited by Gropitou; 04-07-2011 at 01:37 AM.
    Down with PS2 Emulation / Give us PS3 Native software

Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    Is there going to be any other updates to the number of upgrades to Job Specific Merit Points?

Not saying we should increase the total upgrades per ability, but the total number of upgrades per group. Like having 15 upgrades in Group 2 Summoner Job Abilities but leaving the max per Ability at 5.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Forcing jobs relying on elements to more or less speciallize in just 2 was always a problem. Even more so with the renewed focus on elemental weakness in Abyssea now. You can unlock all elements, but can only really boost one or two of them worth a flip. this also holds true for other jobs as well, it's just that casting jobs are an easy example.

More points in job specific categories please
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Duzell
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I have to agree please increase job specific merits to 15 per category, it still makes you specialize but it gives us a broader specialization.
    (0)

I wish there wasn't caps at all in some slots. While I know you have to cap for example Snake Eyes at 5 so you can't merit it down to 0 or -2.5 minutes on recast, it never made sense to restrict how much you can put in a single weapon type for example. If we wanted to pour all our merits into a single weapon, I think we should be allowed to.

While I know elitists will then feel forced to put all in the ultimate weapon type, I think it is their own fault for not playing for fun but only for being best.

Also quite annoyed at only being allowed to put 4 into evasion. I know NIN and DNC and THF probably can get really good with a lot of merits, but other jobs have so terrible evasion it wouldn't harm them to be able to go higher.
    (0)

Character
    Chronofantasy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    In all honesty I think SE should fix job specific categories and maybe add a third category with more max points after 99 can be reached. This gives us something more to do after we hit 99 instead of getting all jobs to 99 then the best gear in the game. I also remember reading somewhere that they'd rework the entire merit system one day in the future.
    (0)

Character
    Venrymel
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'd like to see a Group 3 list of Merits. Combining what I saw elsewhere about modified 2hrs or abilities with a longer recast than that, perhaps this third group could contain such things.

I do think, however, that such powerful abilities would each need to have some "take", if you will, to give players something more to consider when selecting them.

For example: (Using a suggested) 72-hour recast ability would mean no skill ups or EXP gain while its recast is not at 0.
    Alternatively, said counter being above 0 might add 10% to all other recasts.
    Like the 2hr, I think such an ability would also make sense to share its recast with all other jobs.
    (0)