Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We spoke to the development team about the possibility of scaling the stats on the Chains of Promathia reward rings to match the new level cap. They let us know that they’re already looking into this, and are carefully investigating it so that balance can be maintained between the CoP prizes and other rings.
    they can make it easy on themselves and give us a HIDDEN EFFECT and just announce it on the board, also add more enmity store tp subtle blow or w/e.
    (1)
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Just to make a point... To everyone saying that other expansions need their items upgraded... I would really hate it if the best items in the game were the rewards from each expansion... Things like Suppanomimi and Brutal Earring are really hard to replace... and that's fine... but if each slot was taken up by elite rewards from expansions suddenly there really wouldn't be a point in obtaining equipment for that slot at all... It's good to have slightly better equipment out... otherwise why bother with new content at all? o.O

That being said I support the upgrading of CoP rings, although I don't think they should be made to +7, +6 is good... they're awesome just based on the fact they they all have so many different stats... If that 1 point of a stat is so important to you then by all means, get a new +7 ring... There's a reason the big stat rings on the AH usually have a negative side-effect... That balance is essential in my opinion...
    (0)

Thank you for bringing it up with the devs, Camate, it is much appreciated. Would it be too much to ask for if you could also have them look into buffing the reward items from especially ToAU, but also perhaps WoTG?

In my opinion, the ToAU rings seem weaker than CoP rings are, and only on-par with the CoP rings when doing assault (which very few people still do regularly). A decent fix for this would be to for example let the effects that are currently only active during assault also be active in the rest of the world. Maybe let the effects that are currently assault-only scale up to lv90.

For example:
    Ulthalam's ring
    At level 50, outside of assault, the ring would be 4 acc and 4 atk, at 60 it would get 1 str and 1 dex, increasing to the full bonus of +4 str and dex at level 90. Perhaps at 99, it could even add the "regen" effect outside of assault.

The WotG earring has a few hot augments in the second category, but the ones in the first category are pretty poor for a level 90 job. I would suggest that perhaps you should be able to choose two augments from any of the groups.

Perhaps refresh and regain could be changed to be always active instead of a latent effect as well? I can see a refresh earring being *very* useful on things like blu, drg with mage subjob, pld, and possibly a few other job combinations if the refresh actually worked with your weapon drawn.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mirage; 04-23-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    The WotG earring has a few hot augments in the second category, but the ones in the first category are pretty poor for a level 90 job. I would suggest that perhaps you should be able to choose two augments from any of the groups.
    It would be more balanced to choose two augments from the first group, and one augment from the second group. Also, some pet-related augments would be nice.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I may have to drop my rajas and re-get my tamas if it goes up to (at least) 7INT
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    We spoke to the development team about the possibility of scaling the stats on the Chains of Promathia reward rings to match the new level cap. They let us know that they’re already looking into this, and are carefully investigating it so that balance can be maintained between the CoP prizes and other rings.
    Bamp! Please don't forget this in the coming update.
    (0)

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    We need to be able to reobtain the wotg earrings pronto! I obtained mine and then 2 wks later got a better one for the stats i had put on my earring. Now i've got a useless reward item that looks cool in my mog house list ><. Scaling the raja's would be awesome! yes plz
    (0)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'm pretty sure that you can re-obtain WotG earrings by dropping them and repeating the fight. The only mission rewards that I don't think you can re-obtain yet are the ToAU rings.
    (0)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Any possibility of an extra +1 or 2 for STP on Rajas preeeze?
    (1)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Character
    Eloaken
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    I think they should scale to +7. Or perhaps you could do a Magian trial to increase the states beyond their initial limitation.
    Like trial one raises them all by 1, trial 2 by 2, etc, ending with perhaps +8 (anticipating level 95).

Although I think this should apply to all gear that comes from beating a scenario. Including the 3 mini expansions. It would certainly encourage people to complete them.
    (1)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast