Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    And let's not forget with just a tiny amount of coordination... like a sch telling the blms to nuke now you can do this fairly easily...

(5)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    And let's not forget with just a tiny amount of coordination... like a sch telling the blms to nuke now you can do this fairly easily...
    You're right, but you should pull that down before they see it. Haters reported me and they temp banned me for posting screen shots and youtube links that showed scholar and Summoner doing insane damage and soloing virtually everything in this thread already.
    (2)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    And they call bst overpowered!
    (5)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    That isn't all that impressive, you can clear in that time with a standard DD pt or BSTs. There are few mobs in there that will resist dark and increase the clear time by a lot, compared to BST or DD which don't have to worry about that. Also there are now more magic resistant mobs in Escha which BST can just laugh at, you are really trying to grasp at straws in here bringing stuff like that up. The damage was already done, SE already looking into BST just stop wasting your time.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I don't know why everyone is focusing on bst's damage. SE really isn't even trying to change that. They are just making it less safe than before. Which I honestly think is a poor idea. It's not going to fix the problems that anyone has on either side of the argument and just upset things further. People on the pro bst side are going to be annoyed by having to run in and out all the time, or when they get hit by an aoe, and people against bst are still going to be annoyed as bst will still be able to clear the same content. To me the range of pet commands is a lose lose adjustment. Bst still aren't going to run in and hit things with their axes. If SE wants that to happen they will have to make it the more appealing option over 10 second ready timers.
    (4)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    That isn't all that impressive, you can clear in that time with a standard DD pt or BSTs. There are few mobs in there that will resist dark and increase the clear time by a lot, compared to BST or DD which don't have to worry about that. Also there are now more magic resistant mobs in Escha which BST can just laugh at, you are really trying to grasp at straws in here bringing stuff like that up. The damage was already done, SE already looking into BST just stop wasting your time.
    Those same escha NMs have physical shield as well. And any shield that doesn't affect pets, doesn't affect DDs either. Do you even play this game? or do you just come here to troll the bst forums?
    (4)
    Last edited by bazookatooth; 09-01-2015 at 02:42 PM.

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Except I'm not talking about Caturae, see the book NM and Dverger NM for details. Do you constantly have to insult people that disagree with you? Maybe that's why you got temp banned and not because you posted SS.
    (0)

Character
    Xalyia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I recently came back after quitting in 2006. I am not sure but it seems that many monsters these days are highly resistant to debuffs that would otherwise allow people to stay alive longer. I haven't seen anyone inviting RDMs for Break to petrify monsters.

I don't think jobs are the problem. People will always want to use what is the strongest...no one wants to waste hours of their time with no rewards.
    (1)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    Except I'm not talking about Caturae, see the book NM and Dverger NM for details. Do you constantly have to insult people that disagree with you? Maybe that's why you got temp banned and not because you posted SS.
    And in this story, you can't do the book NM with standard DDs because?....

Same goes for the Dverger. Geo Vex and go to town.

EDIT:And FWIW that wasn't an insult. It was me thinking out loud. The way you completely ignored the obvious fact that both of those NMs can be done easily by standard DD setups leads me to believe that you either didn't know because you don't play and / or have never even tried the stuff you're complaining about or.... You knew that they could be done easily with DD set ups and you're just trolling because you're salty about bst. I'm leaning towards the latter.
    (3)
    Last edited by bazookatooth; 09-02-2015 at 02:18 AM.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    And in this story, you can't do the book NM with standard DDs because?....

Same goes for the Dverger. Geo Vex and go to town.
    Gotta agree with this. My linkshell recently did a run of these NMs, and I was the sole BST in the party because I just happened to be on the job at the time and it was faster than having me switch. Do you want to know what our job setup was? 2 RNGs, 2 Idris GEOs, 2 BLMs, a BST, a SMN, a SAM, a THF, a PLD, two WHMs, a COR... and some other miscellaneous jobs. We had zero difficulty with this. Geo-Vex made the nukes from Dvergr trivial (Heck, they were fairly trivial anyway since we had everyone switch to the adds immediately). The book, again, was absolutely trivial because we killed adds in the right order, so only the PLD really took a lot of Exponential Bursts, and even the one or two times we were all drawn in, Geo-Vex weakened the damage considerably. We still had a lot of ranged jobs, yes, as a safety net, but if you notice something, there's all of one BST in there. I was hardly parsing top of the list compared to one of our RNGs (who is very well geared, at that), and the Mythic SMN who was tearing things up and providing valuable support.

Most of these fights are very doable without having to throw BSTs at them. I think when we did a run of the T2 Ru'Aun NMs, we had all of one death. So try again, Draylo; BST doesn't trivialize content that's already fairly trivial. Instead of worrying about one damage dealer whose damage is not as impressive as you make it out to be, look at all the other niche jobs that can't be replaced. PLD can't often be replaced by RUN because RUN doesn't have shields to block; sure, RUN is a great job (I personally enjoy it), but against mixed elements, or heavy physical damage, you're going to find that PLD is far more desirable. WHM is the king of healing and there's no second place; no other jobs get access to all of their AoE healing tools, status removal tools, etc. GEO is the world's best buff/debuffer and all of its spells are highly potent with enough skill, and it's only because RDM can stack with GEO effects that we haven't heard an outcry of "they took our job!!!" But potency-wise, it is hard to compare to a GEO.

Rather than whine and complain, Draylo, why not go the other route and try to figure out buffs for other jobs instead of nerfs for one you just seem to be extra salty towards for some unknown reason. BLU is already in a fantastic spot but if there's something about it you don't like, why not make a suggestion for a buff? And this goes for any other job you may like. Make suggestions to improve and help players, instead of nerfing and tearing down people just because you're bitter. It makes you sound like a sore loser.
    (6)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast