Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    SE wanted to please a few ppl that thought BST was overpowered is all, actually a properly geared BST will not stand up to a mob too much better than a BRD, so go stand right next to every mob, every fight and see how it goes ^^

A properly geared BST is for pet, not player, and it shouldn't be about making the job unenjoyable, undesirable or untenable for players and force them to find a way to deal with it ~ if they wanted to scale it back then scale it back, not completely ruin and change it so drastically it is broken. If you don't play the job, you just don't know what they did. They completely kill our fun for the job, they utterly ruin our fantasy of it and you say don't play BST? Should I play what you find enjoyable or me? What are we paying for then? What are we playing for then? If they nerfed BRD so drastically I would empathize, not criticize. I find that sad.

I find it sad that you don't catch the clue that you have to evolve with the way game changes. BST is supposed to fight alongside its pet. If you don't find that enjoyable, then you are playing the wrong job. The job is not broken, you people with your mentality are what is broken. BST can stand right next to the pet and melee, you just want to play the job killing very high level stuff without the aid of a WHM. That is not the intent of the job.
    (1)

Character
    Androgeus
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    I find it sad that you don't catch the clue that you have to evolve with the way game changes. BST is supposed to fight alongside its pet. If you don't find that enjoyable, then you are playing the wrong job. The job is not broken, you people with your mentality are what is broken. BST can stand right next to the pet and melee, you just want to play the job killing very high level stuff without the aid of a WHM. That is not the intent of the job.
    That's funny, here I thought I did it for years.... Oh, wait... I did. No invites. No party. Solo. It was pretty much forced exile and now they want to change it? We are in end game, you don't flip the script on something after so many years to Finally suite your vision, you let it play. You really have no clue do you? After 12 years they want to change it up? No, I have enjoyed and played that job for years, now they did a 180. Not the same job and I hate it. As well as most others who play the job. If you don't play the job, where is your argument? We pay to play it, you are just a side liner acting like a troll.
    (10)

Player
    What makes you thinking that? I see no traits which would prove that. A SMN can melee too and also skillchain with pet, but it will never be a melee class either. It's on option on lower content, not ment to be played on high level content.
    (6)

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    That's funny, here I thought I did it for years.... Oh, wait... I did. No invites. No party. Solo. It was pretty much forced exile and now they want to change it? We are in end game, you don't flip the script on something after so many years to Finally suite your vision, you let it play. You really have no clue do you? After 12 years they want to change it up? No, I have enjoyed and played that job for years, now they did a 180. Not the same job and I hate it. As well as most others who play the job. If you don't play the job, where is your argument? We pay to play it, you are just a side liner acting like a troll.
    He is just trolling. He obviously has no clue about BST, but just wants to be a jerk. I'm using the ignore button.
    (8)

Character
    Inx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Let me explain this simply to you, and hopefully any devs reading this:

Under this new system, the pet is like a ball-and-chain, anchoring you to a small radius outside of which you lose half your abilities.

This is not fun to play. Its just a chore.

Particularly as the master does not have absolute control over the pet, which will follow a moving target (such as when the backline draws enmity) of its own accord, forcing you to follow it around like YOU ARE THE PET. Add in conditions such as bind/knockback and it just becomes more bother than its worth.

The issue now is less "can I do this on BST", more "do I want to subject myself to the annoyance when virtually any other job can accomplish the same function with less hassle."
    (18)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    100% wrong. I have top pimped jobs and we do clear theese things but we are just very annoyed how poor players (yes i know they suck until they got bst) suddenly clear top content with ease. Beastmaster is overpowered atm. that is 100% certain.

So other player being able to clear content makes you not like the game? you only like a game where you have top stuff and other players don't? sounds l ike a personal problem, not a game design problem.
    (12)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    It's not that hard of a concept to understand. SE wants you to stand next to your BST when you go to kill stuff. So do it. If you don't want to play BST that way... then don't play BST.
    Its not that hard to understand, players who have loved the job for years don't like the sudden change and don't want SE to keep it that way. if SE is listening to players, they should listen to advocates of the job, not players who for some twisted psychological reasons want to hate on it.
    (15)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Shift damage and defense to the master. Give us MaB +100 so we can Cloudsplitter all the things.
    (0)

Character
    Karuberu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Inx View Post
    Let me explain this simply to you, and hopefully any devs reading this:

Under this new system, the pet is like a ball-and-chain, anchoring you to a small radius outside of which you lose half your abilities.

This is not fun to play. Its just a chore.

Particularly as the master does not have absolute control over the pet, which will follow a moving target (such as when the backline draws enmity) of its own accord, forcing you to follow it around like YOU ARE THE PET. Add in conditions such as bind/knockback and it just becomes more bother than its worth.

The issue now is less "can I do this on BST", more "do I want to subject myself to the annoyance when virtually any other job can accomplish the same function with less hassle."
    I couldn't have put it better myself. I feel like I have more control over my wyvern as DRG than I do with my pet as BST. This should not be the case.

The fact that you can't even position yourself behind the monster and still heal your pet is broken. (Yes, sure, you can do it if you very carefully position your pet, but that really shouldn't be necessary and, more importantly, it's tedious and not fun.)

And to any non-BSTs who think this was a great change and we're just complaining that we were nerfed: I personally don't care one bit if they nerf the heck out of BST. Pet damage? Nerf it. Ready recast/TP requirement? Sure. Go right ahead. Heck, I'd even be fine with going back to using Sic for jug pets if that's what they wanted to do. But this change is like removing shadows from NINs because "it's not how we want the job to be played anymore" - it greatly changes how the job can be played and just turns your stomach if you loved playing the job as it was. It's a great way to lose loyal players.
    (12)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    TLDR; The game already has Dragoon. We don't need another job that does the exact same thing.
    (1)

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast