Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Character
    Xalyia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So far no person that actually plays BST seriously, the people who have put in the effort to learn the ins and outs of BST and got the JP to have a 10 second ready, have bashed people. Mistaking good arguments for bashing is not reasonable.

Anyone who really learns how to play their job has the ability to be useful. It is up to the community to play this game, not the devs. If people are shouting BST BST BST (which by the way, I play JP prime time on Asura rarely see shouts for BST but rather BLU and GEO) because they can kill faster is not a problem if other job setups can accomplish it as well albeit slower. Killing slower does not equal a warrant to be upset that another job can do it faster. Phy Dmg vs Mag Dmg. I remember back in 06 where there were BLM mercenary groups doing KSNM 99. I do not recall people getting upset by that.

So really, the issue is not that BST can do this safer/quicker. Its clear that people are not gearing properly or changing subjobs in order to fulfill different roles. I believe Thief can now get a 119 cross bow and sub RNG to utilize WS if RNG attack was the only viable option. It would also be possible then to range shoot up to 1000tp then run in and TA rudra off the tank(if range WS wouldnt work) and then run away and not die. There are ways to play this game besides cookie cutter. The community needs to become better than this quibbling.
    (2)

Character
    Cyleena
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sogoro View Post
    If people are shouting BST BST BST (which by the way, I play JP prime time on Asura rarely see shouts for BST but rather BLU and GEO)
    JP prime time there might not be shouts (idk because by time the JP population comes on game I am usually off doing rl stuff) but try being on the game during NA time or EU time. I run a EU shell and all day there is shouts for bst bst bst on Asura. I am sitting on game right now crafting and I have seen shouts for bst especially SR shouts, Escha shouts, skirmish, etc. It happens a lot. Maybe the JP population is not using them (or shouting for them if they do) but everyone else is. lol
    (1)
    Last edited by Cyleena; 09-04-2015 at 11:18 AM.

Character
    Cyleena
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    So far no person that actually plays BST seriously, the people who have put in the effort to learn the ins and outs of BST and got the JP to have a 10 second ready, have bashed people. Mistaking good arguments for bashing is not reasonable.
    Most the people getting upset about bst and the potential nerfs are bandwagon bsts. I know of a few on Asura who get really upset if you say you do not want them on bst, or if you mention about nerf to them (they totally were not main bst before this all happened). There is a lot of people in this forum getting upset about it too if you read past posts, and on other forums as well. Realistically unless you were soloing before bst got more powerful you did not main bst as your job. I do not know of anyone in all the years I have played this game that can honestly say bst is their main job until recently when all of a sudden everyone went bst nutso. People started bandwagoning bst when it got powerful, and now go out for blood if they think you are against having bst in your group and get nasty (and yes it seems like the more serious bst are not the ones bashing but the ones that jumped on it when it became relevant).
    (1)
    Last edited by Cyleena; 09-04-2015 at 11:19 AM.

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    It's weird that people would be shouting for BST if everyone who has it wants to go to events on it and people don't like it in events. Seems like that argument contradicts itself. If people don't like BST, why would they shout for BST? If there are too many BSTs, why do people have to shout for them?

A quick /sea on my server right now shows 32 bst and 74 thf. Quick. Nerf the BST! There's too many!
    (1)

Character
    Cyleena
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    It's weird that people would be shouting for BST if everyone who has it wants to go to events on it and people don't like it in events. Seems like that argument contradicts itself. If people don't like BST, why would they shout for BST? If there are too many BSTs, why do people have to shout for them?

A quick /sea on my server right now shows 32 bst and 74 thf. Quick. Nerf the BST! There's too many!
    First of all I was not speaking for all of Asura in regard to events if you read my post. I said in my linkshell not what anyone else is doing. I brought up events because my LS is not a pet LS unlike other linkshells on the server that have lots of pet jobs. I only have a few people who have pet jobs geared, and only 2 are bsts, and the other ones are smn. We do not use pets in our setups though the two that have bst geared always want to come on pet jobs though everyone else does not want to waste buffs on two or three pet jobs like having a cor just for them or w/e. Every linkshell is different in their preferences, and some like to use only pet jobs or mostly pet jobs. It is up to the individual LS.

The people shouting for bst are the ones that like quick kills (like SR though honestly we kill just as quick without pets), and like the power of the bsts. I personally know some of the people that shout for bsts for SR, and they do it for the quick kills so they can spam things faster (not LS members of mine but people I know). Also, I do not know what you were looking at but doing /sea all on Asura for bsts brings a lot more then 32 (your profile says Asura but there is more then 32 on). I see 90 on atm and tonight is kinda a dead night for Asura.
    (0)

Character
    Xalyia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Naturally, talking on a forum like this about he said she said is not really any basis for a strong argument. We each seem to have evidence to support our conclusions on the matter. Unless I actively play this game with you or you with me we cannot really know if what either side has said is a true statement. The facts though that do is exist is that people who have played BST seriously before the boost to the class finally got the opportunity to become a major player/option in content they would have never been looked at before. Before the damage output it was equally unfair for the rest of the playerbase to reject BST from taking part in content. The problem still is not actually with the game. It is the community. There were ways before that BST could take part in end game, as my shell on Pandemonium in 2006, Singularity, had someone who played BST. The people I played with had different strategies in defeating content based upon who was online for the event.

The issue is the player base. People need to change. I think we can all agree on that. It should not take the DEVs changing a game mechanic to make players get along better. This is very childish if you think about it.

On the whole I think many of us actually agree with one another more than we think.
    (2)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    You come on here talking about people bashing anyone who says they don't like bst, but then say you can do things faster without bst. That's the very definition of bashing. You're basically just saying that other people should have their job nerfed just because you don't like it. You even provide anecdotal evidence that other jobs already outperform it. What do you expect people to do when you go on the internet and basically say "I think they should ruin your fun because I don't like you"?
    (2)

Character
    Cyleena
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99

The issue is the player base. People need to change. I think we can all agree on that. It should not take the DEVs changing a game mechanic to make players get along better. This is very childish if you think about it.

On the whole I think many of us actually agree with one another more than we think.
    People do need to change. People also need to be more flexible in what jobs they play or accept in their groups. It is so frustrating when people only want bst for something or blue for something, and leave everyone else out in the cold. SR can be done just as fast with DD, Brd, Geo, and a tank. We done it with Dnc, pld, 2x geo, brd (dding brd at that), and a cor, and mixed it up, and we normally kill in 9 min with clear in SR if that. Asking for just bst to a group is kinda meh cause it is not like you can not do those fights fast with other jobs. Anyway ideally it would be great if everyone got along but in reality probably wouldn't happen.
    (0)

Character
    Cyleena
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    You come on here talking about people bashing anyone who says they don't like bst, but then say you can do things faster without bst. That's the very definition of bashing. You're basically just saying that other people should have their job nerfed just because you don't like it. You even provide anecdotal evidence that other jobs already outperform it. What do you expect people to do when you go on the internet and basically say "I think they should ruin your fun because I don't like you"?
    So you are putting words in my mouth. Good job. I never said either way if bst should or should not be nerfed, so do not even go there with me. I never said we can kill faster then bst. I said just as fast ( in other words it can be done with or without bst at about the same speed), so please reread my post if you read it wrong....and if you going to use what I say make sure its right and stop trying to make stuff up and cause drama please.
    (1)

Character
    Xalyia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Bazooka, I think you might find that you and Cyleena would actually agree on many things. Cyleena has never said BST should be nerfed and also that other options exist to actually do content. The whole point is that BST is okay, its the problem with people only wanting BST. I logged in to talk with Cyleena in the game to gather better perspective and so forth.

Many of us actually agree with eachother and dont feel that anything should be nerfed, but that players need to think better. I think maybe 1 or 2 people who have spoken in here are the ones who actually want BST to be nerfed because they just simply dont like BST.

The original post is probably the worst offender here. The assumption that BST is easy to mid level content only is ridiculous.
    (0)

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast