Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    On some things? Dude, name a few NM that BST doesn't do well against lol. They do well on 90% of the content in the game, high evasion isn't an excuse when you can bolster torpor etc. BLM can't do the same when something is magic resistant as their nukes will still do crap. Point is, you brought that SS up in an isolated situation to try and shift the focus to BLM when its pretty obvious they don't do that all the time. You did it previously with the Plouton situation, why don't you guys stop trying to get other jobs nerfed for isolated situations and realize SE already made their decision with BST. I hadn't even been posting in here because its the same three people attacking anyone that posts a contrary opinion while their LS comes in to + their posts in hope BST doesn't get nerfed lol, pathetic.
    Haha if evasion is too high you can just lower it if magic evasion is too high lowering it wont work. Nice double speak.

Things jugs don't do well in? I'll admit I haven't exactly fought all the current new stuff (sath would have a more complete list though his would be what gives basically a perfectly geared bst with Idris geo and/or cor support trouble so not precisely typical by a long shot) but here we go though. Most of the T3 new escha nms as well as the caturae ones. Brimboil. Perfidien. Ark Angel TT. Lancelord Gaheel Ja. Beist if it uses petroeyes. Voso. Lustful Lydia. Vidala. Sensual Sandy. Fleetstalker. Shockmaw sometimes. Several other high

Isolated? Please list all the nms that magic strategies wont work then? Please also list all the nms that melee or rng strategies wont work.

I bring it up because all the damage dealing jobs can deal good damage. It's been proven over and over again that other jobs can do great dmg too. Everyone but you realizes this.

And why has SE make that decision? Was it because too much dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by Jp dev tracker translated by Kincard
    We are planning on making the adjustment to pet command distance in the September update. This adjustment is being done to add greater risk to playing Beastmaster without directly affecting their damage output
    Clearly not

Was it because they don't like people dealing dmg with little risk or at least with pets?

Quote Originally Posted by camate
    Beastmaster is a job that we’ve balanced with close to mid-range engagements, but at the moment only pets are being sent close to enemies and players are standing in the back.

In regards to summoner, this is a job that was created to be a back line job, and we are looking into making adjustments to increase the range in which pet commands can be executed so they can function better in the back.
    Nope in fact they are wanting to make smn even better at that.

Instead they clearly state their reasons are due to based on how they created the job to be played. This is basically them not wanting nin to tank all over again. People are playing the job in a way they didn't intend so it's being change purely for image reasons

I find your parting shot hilarious since that is exactly what you do. Take a look in the mirror buddy. Anytime anyone disagrees with you you cry oh no they are insulting be boohoo. And then make all kinds of other accusations about them. So once again I ask we keep the conversation about the game and not about the players. On the other hand the majority of your "attackers" are talking about your blatant mistruths and lack of logical coherence of your arguments. People + our stuff and not yours simply because you are wrong there is no great conspiracy and everyone isn't out to get you. It's simply a matter of better or at least more honest arguments and them standing better in the arena of public opinion
    (6)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-03-2015 at 05:36 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    That's essentially how it functions (the master receives no benefit, just the pet). You just want them to change the animation so that it looks like they are feeding it to the pet?
    Technically not true. The pet food does help the master some but nowhere near as much as the pet. And not in anyway that helps with the current play style except the fun solos where you are selfskillchaining with your pet and such.

I must admit though the idea of feeding food to my pets would be fun and interesting. Makes more sense as well. Would also be kind of cool (though obviously expensive) if you could actually give your pet a certain food and yourself another so you can have different buffs. Like if we ever got back to where master meleeing was good again on higher content you'd want some acc food on the master but if you were taking advantage of magic dmg you'd probably prefer Grape Daifuku for pet. Same could be said of pup with a blm frame. Or smn wanting to nuke some inbetween but use physical or hybrid bps
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-03-2015 at 05:32 AM.

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Haha if evasion is too high you can just lower it if magic evasion is too high lowering it wont work. Nice double speak.
    Haha it's called direct magic damage reduction. No amount of lower magic evasion is going to increase the damage to respectable levels, ever nuke water on something resistant to it like leech?

Things jugs don't do well in? I'll admit I haven't exactly fought all the current new stuff (sath would have a more complete list though his would be what gives basically a perfectly geared bst with Idris geo support trouble so not precisely typical by a long shot) but here we go though. Most of the T3 new escha nms as well as the caturae ones. Brimboil. Perfidien. Ark Angel TT. Lancelord Gaheel Ja. Beist if it uses petroeyes. Voso. Lustful Lydia. Vidala. Sensual Sandy. Fleetstalker. Shockmaw sometimes. Several other high
    How are the T3 escha NMs and caturae fights where jugs don't do well? I've seen BST do all of them np, maybe its just your skill? Brimboil has been done, even by the guy you even mentioned with a testimonial on it. He used a grasshopper buffed with all his JA to straight up melee it down. Perfidien can be done the same way it would just take a while, which isn't too bad considering hes quick to pop with the KI. AA TT petrify doesn't last that long, you can stand on the stairs and spam heals. Beist? lol you can melee him down on the BST with trusts/trust tank. Sensual Sandy? Why... Not gonna keep going into them all but each case isn't something a BST can't overcome with support, pretty much all of those things you listed you can spam heal through np.

There are a lot of NMs in the game that are resistant to magic where it takes a direct reduction in damage, they added even more in this last update. The thing is, you can still win but its clearly inferior to physical DD and BST pets. This really isn't true for BST, you can probably bet almost anything added with a few exceptions will be able to be done with them being optimal. My only point was that you are posting a SS of two BLM's doing Death as if it was proof they needed to be nerfed when it clearly is isolated and not true across every NM that is relevant. You aren't doing 99,999+ Death dmg to every NM in the game, yet you are using that SS and previously one of Plouton as your proof other jobs are better and need to be nerfed over BST. Your posts come across very condescending and trollish. You realize the jobs potential but don't want it adjusted so you try to talk down to anyone with a negative opinion of BST as if they are mentally challenged and don't see the obvious.

I bring it up because all the damage dealing jobs can deal good damage. It's been proven over and over again that other jobs can do great dmg too. Everyone but you realizes this.
    Deal "good" damage and be the most optimal choice are completely different things. People are shouting for BST for all content for a reason. "Everyone realizes this" but me? Damn dude, you really are trying to attack me. I seem to have struck a nerve.

I find your parting shot hilarious since that is exactly what you do. Take a look in the mirror buddy. Anytime anyone disagrees with you you cry oh no they are insulting be boohoo. And then make all kinds of other accusations about them. So once again I ask we keep the conversation about the game and not about the players. On the other hand the majority of your "attackers" are talking about your blatant mistruths and lack of logical coherence of your arguments. People + our stuff and not yours simply because you are wrong there is no great conspiracy and everyone isn't out to get you. It's simply a matter of better or at least more honest arguments and them standing better in the arena of public opinion
    I'm really starting to see what people said about you to be true now lol. Blatant mistruths? Show me them. Lack of logical coherence in my arguments, examples? Seems like another personal attack. I haven't personally attacked any real poster in this thread except maybe the fake mule account that troll is hiding behind.Each post has typically 4 +s, not hard to guess as 3 of them are arguing for BST in this very thread and its not exactly a very active forum lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Draylo-; 09-03-2015 at 05:49 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Technically not true. The pet food does help the master some but nowhere near as much as the pet. And not in anyway that helps with the current play style except the fun solos where you are selfskillchaining with your pet and such.

I must admit though the idea of feeding food to my pets would be fun and interesting. Makes more sense as well. Would also be kind of cool (though obviously expensive) if you could actually give your pet a certain food and yourself another so you can have different buffs. Like if we ever got back to where master meleeing was good again on higher content you'd want some acc food on the master but if you were taking advantage of magic dmg you'd probably prefer Grape Daifuku for pet. Same could be said of pup with a blm frame. Or smn wanting to nuke some inbetween but use physical or hybrid bps
    How would you feed food to a puppet? Have you never seen sesame street, the cookies just crumble up before falling out of cookie monster's mouth.

Kidding aside I would like to see bst be able to do the fun self skillchaining sort of play style with their pet.
    (2)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to the actual pet food (Theta, Zeta, etc.) not the food the master uses (Daifuku and such). Yeah, it would be nice to be able to give pets different stat bonuses than the master. That would get crazy expensive though and the job is already expensive as it is. For example, I went through 3 of these in a single Duke vepar fight last night, as well as 5 of these. It would suck to have to add 3 or 4 more food items on top of that.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Haha it's called direct magic damage reduction. No amount of lower magic evasion is going to increase the damage to respectable levels, ever nuke water on something resistant to it like leech?
    You said resistance not mdt or sdt. Comparing physical evasion to sdt/mdt is horribly disingenuous. A better comparison would be to physical sdts and pdts. Guess what no matter how much you lower def or evasion your tiger is going to do horrible dmg to that same leech as well while the blm if they are paying attention is going to switch elements... and if they were knowledgeable wouldn't have used the water in the first place

How are the T3 escha NMs and caturae fights where jugs don't do well? I've seen BST do all of them np, maybe its just your skill? Brimboil has been done, even by the guy you even mentioned with a testimonial on it. He used a grasshopper buffed with all his JA to straight up melee it down. Perfidien can be done the same way it would just take a while, which isn't too bad considering hes quick to pop with the KI. AA TT petrify doesn't last that long, you can stand on the stairs and spam heals. Beist? lol you can melee him down on the BST with trusts/trust tank. Sensual Sandy? Why... Not gonna keep going into them all but each case isn't something a BST can't overcome with support, pretty much all of those things you listed you can spam heal through np.

There are a lot of NMs in the game that are resistant to magic where it takes a direct reduction in damage, they added even more in this last update. The thing is, you can still win but its clearly inferior to physical DD and BST pets. This really isn't true for BST, you can probably bet almost anything added with a few exceptions will be able to be done with them being optimal. My only point was that you are posting a SS of two BLM's doing Death as if it was proof they needed to be nerfed when it clearly is isolated and not true across every NM that is relevant. You aren't doing 99,999+ Death dmg to every NM in the game, yet you are using that SS and previously one of Plouton as your proof other jobs are better and need to be nerfed over BST. Your posts come across very condescending and trollish. You realize the jobs potential but don't want it adjusted so you try to talk down to anyone with a negative opinion of BST as if they are mentally challenged and don't see the obvious.
    Doing them isn't the same as doing them well. Way to move the goal posts. A lot of those are either problems with how much dmg you can do... yeah you can get them done but it takes forever either due to evasion or dmg reductions or debilitating debuffs that can't be removed (btw that last one was the reason for perfiden). And some of them even with perfect DT gear and perfect reward sets you are riding reward timers and sometimes fall short. Dots in particularly are hard to deal with since dt doesn't work and no naws.

Really I'm not sure what point you are making here you acknowledge that in several fights bst can still power thru things with proper support and gear and spamming heal and waiting things out and that's bad but then right away say that blms can also power thru things they aren't as good at.... me being trollish? You are the one that consistently applies double standards such as that one. If you can't see it maybe there is something wrong with you... I mean seriously you back to back say one thing is ok for other jobs but bad for bst. And no I'm not trying to say other jobs need to be nerfed. Other than that bit of obvious satire I was doing I've definitely stated that the point of dmg comparisons was to show there is no need for nerfs because plenty of others can do as much

Deal "good" damage and be the most optimal choice are completely different things. People are shouting for BST for all content for a reason. "Everyone realizes this" but me? Damn dude, you really are trying to attack me. I seem to have struck a nerve.
    I agree. Good thing bsts aren't the most optimal most the time. Shouting is rather poor logic. I mean most the shouts I see are for sch blm and geo pld and whm. That's not an attack quit the pity party. It's simple statement of fact that was admittedly exaggerated. The vast majority of the players I find are quite aware other jobs can deal tons of dmg. And a nerve ha funny

I'm really starting to see what people said about you to be true now lol. Blatant mistruths? Show me them. Lack of logical coherence in my arguments, examples? Seems like another personal attack. I haven't personally attacked any real poster in this thread except maybe the fake mule account that troll is hiding behind.Each post has typically 4 +s, not hard to guess as 3 of them are arguing for BST in this very thread and its not exactly a very active forum lol.
    And here is more of what I mean. You cry that everyone is attacking you for disagreeing with you and then your response is a blatant attempt at character assassination. I mean I could make similar statements myself....but I'm trying to keep this a discussion about ideas and not people. And then you have the nerve to call statements about what you say as personal attacks. Is this opposite world? Do you honestly believe that attacking someone's point is personal but attacking the person themselves isn't? Because I got news for you that's not how it works.

Blatant mistruths? How about how you've previously said 10k dmg every 10 seconds is something no other DD can do? How about your earlier statements about how hardly any nms have debuffs that matter to bst... I just listed a few and what do you do? Brush it off with like oh well just wait it out or spam heal or get a tank. Well gee because other jobs can't do the same AND have those statuses cured. You say things like you don't make personal attacks except on "trolls" on "fake accounts" a few sentences after a personal attack. Or like how you claim that saying the things that you are saying are wrong or illogical is a [/I]personal[/I] attacks. If I wanted to make that a personal attack I would've said something about your motivation to do so or the say something about the character of person that would say those things. Ya know what you've done. As far as lack of logical coherence ok how about when you make a huge deal about how unfair it is that a melee can be paralyzed for a few seconds until it gets cured because it lowers dps. But when presented with situations where bsts dps gets lowered by even greater amounts and can't be cured you act like there is no problem. With make talk about how magic dmg can be reduced then blatantly pretend like physical can't be. Or like how you try to compare actual direct dmg reductions to mere evasion.

I will give you this though it seems like you do get where the pluses likely come from now. It's obviously people who agree in a thread without a lot of traffic... and yeah in a bst forums so likely to have more innate support though obviously not universal. But on the other hand if this was really such a big problem don't you think it would see more traffic from non bsts? Instead it's mostly a few people who play the job that would be here regardless of the state of the job. I mean when thf finally got it's 15 minutes Rudra's was hotly debated by both sides in much larger amounts on all the forums. Whether you think it was good or bad it was definitely a big deal. This though? Relatively minor attention.

P.S. Didn't see it earlier but yes there is an ignore function. Click on the persons name to go to their profile should be easy to find from there
    (7)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-03-2015 at 09:05 AM.

Character
    Xalyia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It will be funny when SE does change BST, and then we will find a way to be even more devastating to monsters. Nobody puts the master in a corner ~Warlike Patrick
    (2)

If they want us to be a front line job they have to stop making us choose between gearing for pet or gearing for master. It really isn't fair. We can't gear for both in any reasonable way. I would much rather get a damage nerf than this. The only reason anyone plays bst is to get some distance from the mob. It's been like this for years. WTF is wrong with the devs?
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

P.S. Didn't see it earlier but yes there is an ignore function. Click on the persons name to go to their profile should be easy to find from there
    Thank you! For this and your excellent posts.
    (2)

Character
    Cyleena
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    But on the other hand if this was really such a big problem don't you think it would see more traffic from non bsts? Instead it's mostly a few people who play the job that would be here regardless of the state of the job. I mean when thf finally got it's 15 minutes Rudra's was hotly debated by both sides in much larger amounts on all the forums. Whether you think it was good or bad it was definitely a big deal. This though? Relatively minor attention.
    Maybe it is more of the fact that beast is very disliked atm but people do not want to come on here and get bashed like the bst seem to be doing to anyone that talks bad about the job and mention the word nerf. I hear tons of people on the actual game say how much they dislike how bst is and cannot wait until the nerf. Just because it is not getting tons of people on the official forum saying stuff does not mean that people are happy about bst. I hear complaints daily about bst on ffxi lol. My LS hates me even having bst come to events, and I hear about it if I even have anyone on bst. People complain in shouts on Asura, etc. All the relevant content shouts nowadays are bst bst bst bst bst especially for SR and Escha T2/T3. People are liking the easy way to kill stuff, and only want bst to join these groups, which does make a lot of people unhappy.
    (1)
    Last edited by Cyleena; 09-13-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast