Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Character
    Xenorex
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Pretty sure the goal was to force masters to stand close to their pets so they couldn't avoid conal attacks or other forms of AoE.
    Probably not their intent at all. Unless all jobs were forced to stand next to the paladin/tank with the same discomfort that bsts experience with getting that range perfect in order for their ws to go off as well. Everyone gets hit by conal attacks from now on and we're fair again....
    (3)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    That sounds like an accurate description of trick attack. Anyway if you have an another player as a tank then you don't have to worry about it as the conal attacks will hit the tank and not you and your pet.
    (0)

If user counts were at 2005 levels and you could depend on a large linkshell for support on content instead of pugs that make you want to eat lead paint and pound your head on the wall, then yes, we could have ideal situations falling like rain drops on our perfect little day; however, this is 2016 and user counts are laughable at best and most of the time we are still forced to solo content because of necessity frankly.

There is no logical reason our job abilities shouldn't work, regardless of our position around a mob as long as we're in hitting range of the stupid mob. If I am in hitting range of the mob, my JA's should work 100% of the time, period. SE wants us 'in the fray' well quite frankly the only people expected to be eating conial damage are solid tanks and in reality if the BST is doing their job damage wise, their pet is going to tank a great deal of the time. Forcing the BST to move from behind a mob (where everyone else is, letting the tank-pet eat the conial damage/charm/etc) to in front of the stupid pet and run around and mash JA macros until it fires, then run back behind the mob.. It's functionally retarded.

To borrow from your analogy, it'd be like THF's sneak attack only functioning when your in front of the mob, forcing you to use it and then run behind the mob to hit and trick attack only works if your 21 yalms away from the mob, then you can run to your desired tank to sink the hate. Oh and mug only works when you're standing at a 90 degree angle from the mob your fighting but only on a full moon otherwise you have to use steal first while standing directly in front of the mob or your mug will be blocked. (God help us if they decide to be cruel and implement any of that lunacy lol!)

Some things are just plainly stupid. The way JA's mal-function for BST now, is one of them.
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    If user counts were at 2005 levels and you could depend on a large linkshell for support on content instead of pugs that make you want to eat lead paint and pound your head on the wall, then yes, we could have ideal situations falling like rain drops on our perfect little day; however, this is 2016 and user counts are laughable at best and most of the time we are still forced to solo content because of necessity frankly.

There is no logical reason our job abilities shouldn't work, regardless of our position around a mob as long as we're in hitting range of the stupid mob. If I am in hitting range of the mob, my JA's should work 100% of the time, period. SE wants us 'in the fray' well quite frankly the only people expected to be eating conial damage are solid tanks and in reality if the BST is doing their job damage wise, their pet is going to tank a great deal of the time. Forcing the BST to move from behind a mob (where everyone else is, letting the tank-pet eat the conial damage/charm/etc) to in front of the stupid pet and run around and mash JA macros until it fires, then run back behind the mob.. It's functionally retarded.

To borrow from your analogy, it'd be like THF's sneak attack only functioning when your in front of the mob, forcing you to use it and then run behind the mob to hit and trick attack only works if your 21 yalms away from the mob, then you can run to your desired tank to sink the hate. Oh and mug only works when you're standing at a 90 degree angle from the mob your fighting but only on a full moon otherwise you have to use steal first while standing directly in front of the mob or your mug will be blocked. (God help us if they decide to be cruel and implement any of that lunacy lol!)

Some things are just plainly stupid. The way JA's mal-function for BST now, is one of them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4cLUzu0uGw
    (0)

LOL!

I'm sorry you have a hard time understanding why actual BST players are upset, I really am. I know from an outsider's perspective you see JA's going off but you do not understand how many times we have to re-position and continually hope they will fire and don't.

But this is a tired subject of trying to explain the broken nature of current BST to people that do not play the job and can not comprehend. Please, go play the job on relevant content and then come back and post, anything short of that is trolling.

SE community rep - the Dev team needs to reevaluate the horrible lack of consistent functionality of BST JA's post nerf. Please assist!
    (2)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Seems to me actual BST players don't care and just run in and out a lot. Or are they not true Scotsmen?
    (0)

Honestly Ulth, its frustrating.

When you run in, you cant just run up beside your pet and hit the macro once and have it work every time, even minding the valid comment about lag location you mentioned before, you can hit the macro several times and nothing happens... other times it fires and everything works fine.

It's inconsistent to a point of frustration which is where I think most of us who were/are full time BST get upset and the hair starts standing up on our necks.

If it was consistent and we knew we could just stand in front of our pet and the monster and it would 'always' fire within 1 second of getting into position, it wouldn't be nearly as bad. But there are times when we're having to run around, literally, in circles around the pet trying to find a good spot when the JA's will fire.

If I'm not going to engage on a fight, which isn't that often, I've taken to the tactic of running an ellipse around my pet hitting the macro a min of three times as I run around and there are times it fire's once I'm beside my pet and others as I'm on the other side of my pet preparing to depart on the ellipse.

Additionally, if our pet gets touched by anything it stops attacking the mob we sent it against and runs across the screen after whatever hit it.. nearly as quickly as our pet does this we cant reward or use any other JA and have to chase down our pets in an emergency, especially if it happens right after we sent our pet on a mob, it's beyond frustrating.

SE needs to fix this by removing the line-of-sight garbage with our pets... if we're within 10 yalms of the radius of our pet, our JA's should function... if they did that then granted if we're fighting a behemoth or something larger we still would be out of range behind the mob but we could come within 10 yalms of our pet and function again. This wouldn't fix the issues of eating conial damage or charm but at least having our JA's function again would be in the right direction.

SE did not need to change our playstyle but since they have, they really need to make it function more effectively.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Guys you should really stop feeding the troll. He's always just going to say what is happening isn't for the sake of attention.

Plus I think the issue has kind of been beat to death. In the end most of the last several pages come down to those that play with the job at least semi frequently saying how hard it is to get the pet moves to work because they often have to hit macros several times and hope for the best. Others see people still killing stuff and assume everything is working perfectly fine 100% of the time
    (5)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-22-2016 at 10:39 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Guys you should really stop feeding the troll. He's always just going to say what is happening isn't for the sake of attention.

Plus I think the issue has kind of been beat to death. In the end most of the last several pages come down to those that play with the job at least semi frequently saying how hard it is to get the pet moves to work because they often have to hit macros several times and hope for the best. Others see people still killing stuff and assume everything is working perfectly fine 100% of the time
    Funny how the meaning of troll has somehow just devolved to someone who disagrees with you. Anyway YES the issue has been beat to death. It happened in September and for months I just sat idly waiting for all you bsts who threaten to unsubscribe to do it and stop whining on the OF. I thought it would be over for sure when a certain poster of the fecal variety was banned for several belligerent threads about it, but no. But yeah, stop the whining. You are all annoying. Things aren't as easy as they were before the nerf? You don't say.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    He does kinda have a point. No matter how much you complain, not a damn thing is going to change, and you know it.

Time to bluwagon or pupitup.
    (0)

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast