Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Character
    Lonnan
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well it was fun feeding while it lasted but it's wearing thin so here ya go. Close range between pet and it's target it is fighting. You can continue to say it isn't so but clearly not always the case. Should be noted that with tiger I'm fairly certain that would've been close enough because of the way it changes based on different sizes

How dare you use actual evidence to refute Ulth's story about some guy he knows who killed something once. We all know that SE would never nerf a job ability, break it that job ability, then ignore it...except for when they do (Modus Veritas says hi.)

While most of us would love the nerf to be undone, all the BSTs posting on this thread are asking is that the range issue be fixed because it is clearly broken.

The OF is a cesspool of trolls who care nothing about improving the game but are insistent on ruining the experience for everyone else because something was once taken from their favorite job or they are just so impotent in their real life that they need to flex their interwebz muscles to feel alive. Here is a hint, breaking one job does not make your job any more playable or desirable. In a game where every player can max level every job on each character, why are people so bent on ruining jobs that isn't their favorite? Nerfs help no one and only succeed in taking away options for content that is badly designed and driving off players from an already dwindling player base. If you want your favorite jon to be better start suggesting ways to improve it instead of trolling every other job trying to make the game that much worse.
    (7)

Character
    Lonnan
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    That's some pretty damning evidence, lol. I'm kinda curious how the hell they're fighting from that far apart, or how far apart it actually is... I know you can't show that in the screen shot, but the distances were?

Pet to player?
    pet to target?
    I think the distances look exagarreted because of the camera zoom and the angle. I can tell you that I've never seen a familiar or a VE auto hit something that wasn't less than 7 yalms away.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    That's some pretty damning evidence, lol. I'm kinda curious how the hell they're fighting from that far apart, or how far apart it actually is... I know you can't show that in the screen shot, but the distances were?

Pet to player?
    pet to target?
    Yeah was hard trying to get an angle that showed all 3 at once that didn't look crap.

Pets don't really run up all the way on mobs instead they get close enough to hit and stop which is somewhat dependent on each ones sizes combined that with the variable nature of readying and it gets harder to gage when fighting multiple mobs or switching jugs/mob sizes.

Pet to player was about 5.2. Pet to target didn't really judge but probably a little over 7
    (3)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-20-2016 at 12:07 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So what you are saying is SE should reduce the range that pets can auto attack from?
    (1)

What we are saying..... If we are hitting the stupid mob, our JA's should be able to fire 100% of the time. We shouldn't have to power mash our macros and run around our pet and "hope" our pets JA move will fire.

At present its very random. The distances vary by the size of your pet and the size of what you're fighting. Also JA's do not work then you pass beyond 90 degrees from your pets face so you can't use pet abilities when standing behind a conial charm nm.

SE needs to make BST work correctly so we can move on to the other things that could use adjustments. Anyone posting from this point forward that doesn't have a 99/119 BST and a working understanding of why this is not working as intended should be forced to play BST for a year in its current frustrating flippantness!
    (2)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    That's a perfectly acceptable answer, and impossible to implement, I can already see the post.

BST JA should work as long as you are actively attacking the enemy, however our dev team can't possibly code that, so no-go. I basically promise you there will be a range increasing item.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    What we are saying..... If we are hitting the stupid mob, our JA's should be able to fire 100% of the time. We shouldn't have to power mash our macros and run around our pet and "hope" our pets JA move will fire.

At present its very random. The distances vary by the size of your pet and the size of what you're fighting. Also JA's do not work then you pass beyond 90 degrees from your pets face so you can't use pet abilities when standing behind a conial charm nm.

SE needs to make BST work correctly so we can move on to the other things that could use adjustments. Anyone posting from this point forward that doesn't have a 99/119 BST and a working understanding of why this is not working as intended should be forced to play BST for a year in its current frustrating flippantness!
    I don't think you know what random means. Pretty sure the goal was to force masters to stand close to their pets so they couldn't avoid conal attacks or other forms of AoE. I admit I didn't know it got smaller with smaller pets and generally only watched really close with randy, but it does make sense if your pet takes up more space the distance would be bigger.

Anyway in all seriousness I am also against the change to range. Just tired of hearing how it's the worst thing that ever happened to bst ever. It's not, people have already found away around this minor inconvenience and are soloing ridiculously again. I think if they just rolled back that nerf and rolled back the buff that let pets use ready moves without tp everything would be fine. If pets actually had to tp they couldn't full time damage taken sets acting as the tank and main source of damage, but it could still be an option pets could tank, or they could be maxed out as DDs. Bst set ups would still work just one bst would have their pet be the tank and the others could be the DDs.
    (0)

I would be fine with a new JA being added that functions similar to avatar favor, in that there is a tradeoff. I'd accept lower pet damage in exchange for a range like we previously had, while the JA effect was active.
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    That's a perfectly acceptable answer, and impossible to implement, I can already see the post.

BST JA should work as long as you are actively attacking the enemy, however our dev team can't possibly code that, so no-go. I basically promise you there will be a range increasing item.
    I believe the answer was well if we change it from targeting the pet to targeting the monster then what if you aren't in line of sight and it fails... makes sense except with how low distances are just having something between you and the mob to block line of sight probably puts you too far away
    (0)

Character
    Xenorex
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    I don't think you know what random means. Pretty sure the goal was to force masters to stand close to their pets so they couldn't avoid conal attacks or other forms of AoE. I admit I didn't know it got smaller with smaller pets and generally only watched really close with randy, but it does make sense if your pet takes up more space the distance would be bigger.

Anyway in all seriousness I am also against the change to range. Just tired of hearing how it's the worst thing that ever happened to bst ever. It's not, people have already found away around this minor inconvenience and are soloing ridiculously again. I think if they just rolled back that nerf and rolled back the buff that let pets use ready moves without tp everything would be fine. If pets actually had to tp they couldn't full time damage taken sets acting as the tank and main source of damage, but it could still be an option pets could tank, or they could be maxed out as DDs. Bst set ups would still work just one bst would have their pet be the tank and the others could be the DDs.
    Doesn't quite work that way, in an all-pet party, whichever pet is the highest DD, that pet is also the tank.
    (1)

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast