Tell SE to give us a shield.
    (0)

Character
    Inx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    BST should be kept as it is, for very obvious reasons if you actually stop and think about it for a minute.

BST, was the original soloers job. However with the advent of trusts, any job can solo practically whatever they want! When you can create a party of npc's to cover whatever roles you want, why would anyone choose BST? Its not the only job you can cleave with, it doesn't come close to a main-job THF's TH level for loot, it doesn't even have particularly high survivabilty if the pet isn't tanking all the hits.

In a nutshell, trusts have effectively made BST's original niche redundant, so it actually needs its new role as high-tier DD. Unlike THF which will always have its fallback role as loot-king, BST has nowhere to go.

What kind of bugs me is this idea that BST, even with tip-top gear, is this unstoppable wrecking machine. Pets are extremely susceptible to spammed enfeebling magic given the timer waits on the only means to remove the status, and should you find yourself without a pet and waiting on the timer to recall, you are basically crippled for up to an entire "weakness" duration. Jug's white damage is still inconsequential, and so effects like amnesia are devastating.

A well-geared BST is a formidable asset in a party for sure, but so are most jobs given equal build quality and level of support.

The reality is that bandwagoning is more about perception than neccessity. BST gets nerfed and the next popular job is going to be the one perceived to offer the current "safest" path to victory. Its not fixing anything, its just going to annoy the hell out of people who have invested a ton of time and gil in the job. Real money too as well, as I suspect BST's current fad has spiked sales of ASA considerably.

If people think the current situation is unbalanced, they should be lobbying for improvements to other jobs. Nerfing accomplishes nothing but to leave a bad-taste in the mouths of those affected - something that isn't wise at this stage in the game's life.
    (3)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Ah yes, Thief, king of soloing outdated content for gil. I'm tired of hearing this weak-ass excuse. Saying thief will always be invited for treasure hunter is like saying scholar will always be invited for Accession. Anyone who /thf get TH2, and with the chaac belt that's TH3, the last TH that matters. Only it's worst than that as some jobs don't even need to /thf to get to TH3 and TH4. Ranger's bounty shot starts at 4 and can go higher, but why would you even bother TH3 is the last that matters. Dancer just got a non rare dagger, that is amazing for main or offhand that happens to have treasure hunter on them. That means dancer gets TH3 with their subjob locked in dynamis. Which I honestly don't even care about, and really no one should care about how well a job can farm in outdated events.

What matters is current end game content. Only here's the kicker, not all endgame content will benefit from treasure hunter. Sinister rein doesn't, Skirmish doesn't, delve doesn't, Unity doesn't. Probably others too. It can be hard to tell what events that actually have drops that are affected by treasure hunter, and not just guaranteed drops that share the same slot and aren't affected by treasure hunter. But as I said before even if treasure hunter is a factor, you could just use a ranger to have treasure hunter put on and still not worry about a front line DD adding to the work the whm has to do.
    (0)

Character
    Inx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I also play THF, so I'm quite aware of what its used for.

For the record, THF is a fine DD in all end-game content and high TH's usefulness is beyond doubt in stuff like Escha, Incursion, and Vagary.

I wasn't happy with that particular nerf either (Rudra I could understand but stuff like Mercy Stroke ?!?), but that was at least understandable given the sheer numbers 2 thieves spamming darkness skillchains could pump out.

The other thing about THF is that no job gains more as a soloist from trusts. Instant SA/TA partners to buff your damage and really allow you to use your enmity control abilities.

Bottom line, given its enhanced movement abilities, excellent survivability and dps, for general stuff I'd take my THF out ahead of my BST 9 times out of 10. It's in a far from bad spot utility-wise right now.
    (2)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's like you didn't even read my post ;;

In case you didn't actually read it and needed a TL;DR it's high TH is useless. It's a pointless number to make superstitious people feel better.

As for end game content, nobody does Incursion anymore, cash drops in Vagary are guaranteed, and only the hard thing to get is the platemail. Assuming it isn't like the defending ring and treasure hunter affects it, the insignificant amount that it would is pretty much negated by the chance of the thf dying and losing the NM opposed to a rng who can bounty shot from a safe distance. I honestly don't know about Escha though. Like I said hard to tell what drops are guaranteed and just sharing slots.

I also think it's funny that you pick thf over bst for thf's excellent survivability.

Anyway I'm not here to debate thf's dps vs other jobs. I'm here because of the garbage you are spouting about treasure hunter being a justification for nerfing thf. Bottom line, it's not. It's not a thf only ability. And it's also not a fun way to play the game. Being only invited for TH and then not getting to contribute to the fight is not fun. I had enough of that garbage back during Abyssea.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    THF survivability is garbage against anything that counts.
    (2)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    It's like you didn't even read my post ;;

In case you didn't actually read it and needed a TL;DR it's high TH is useless. It's a pointless number to make superstitious people feel better.

As for end game content, nobody does Incursion anymore, cash drops in Vagary are guaranteed, and only the hard thing to get is the platemail. Assuming it isn't like the defending ring and treasure hunter affects it, the insignificant amount that it would is pretty much negated by the chance of the thf dying and losing the NM opposed to a rng who can bounty shot from a safe distance. I honestly don't know about Escha though. Like I said hard to tell what drops are guaranteed and just sharing slots.

I also think it's funny that you pick thf over bst for thf's excellent survivability.

Anyway I'm not here to debate thf's dps vs other jobs. I'm here because of the garbage you are spouting about treasure hunter being a justification for nerfing thf. Bottom line, it's not. It's not a thf only ability. And it's also not a fun way to play the game. Being only invited for TH and then not getting to contribute to the fight is not fun. I had enough of that garbage back during Abyssea.
    He just doesn't want the job to be nerfed so he is pulling excuses out of his rear.
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    What about nerfing blue mage? It is sooooo overpowered right now! OMG! Why isn't anyone talking about it?
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    What about nerfing blue mage? It is sooooo overpowered right now! OMG! Why isn't anyone talking about it?
    I think they get away with it because most BLU are garbage and the good BLU stay under the radar.
    (2)

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast