Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    I don't think you understand how the capacity point gifts work. The first one is 5% the second one is 7%, the second gift didn't give you 2% on that 5% it gave you another 7% for a total of 13%. So by the end of this one before they increase the cap to 20 you have an additional 285% from gifts.
    I don't think that's true. I went hard at the BLM job points a few months ago because I wanted Aspir III. Every time I passed a new CP bonus threshold, my CP per kill was roughly the same. I didn't see jumps of 10+ percent each time.
    (2)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I like job points. The more you do, the more you get. And you can increase your CP gain rate through many different avenues:

-Mission completion (Rhapsody KI)
    -Mog Garden (cheers)
    -RoE objectives (lair/colonization/wildskeeper reives)
    -Gear (Capacity Ring, Trizek Ring, Aptitude/Mec... something mantle)

Not to mention you earn bonuses through the gift system that earn you even more CP as you progress. You'll earn much more CP after you've put some effort into it than you would have as a fresh level 99 player.

To the OP, it sounds like you haven't really tried optimizing your CP farming. If you still care to, maybe consider doing some of the side work to make your efforts more worthwhile. I don't know, I really like the system. That said, it won't stop me from complaining every time double XP ends.
    Don't forget corsairs roll and the kupofried trust for more CP gain rate.
    (2)

Player
    That was fun.

On a selfish note ;-) - any basic tips for a smn who hasn't got many JPs yet?

Thanks

Art.
    Just be prepared to play your job to the fullest and you can get into any party.

Summoner can solo heal a CP party, provide haste and other powerful buffs, and also do tons of damage and kill faster than a lot of other jobs. Doing all at once makes you invaluable in a party, and even if you can't do all at once, being able to fulfill any one of those roles allows you to fit in anywhere. You just need to be prepared, geared, and knowledgeable enough to do them.
    (4)
    Last edited by Crevox; 08-13-2015 at 10:45 AM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    One place where I've been having trouble with job points is on WHM. WHM is not a strong soloer. At least mine isn't. I've got about 120 on WHM which at least gives me Reraise IV, a very nice spell. It might be nice to have the cool but wildly impractical FullCure.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    WHM can solo decent if you gear for it. and since you have plenty of healing capability, you can use more DPS trust.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    WHM can solo decent if you gear for it. and since you have plenty of healing capability, you can use more DPS trust.
    Decent soloing will get me what, 150,000 CP per hour at best? It's not encouraging. I'll give it a try at some later date, but right now my priorities are MNK then BLM in that order.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Decent soloing will get me what, 150,000 CP per hour at best? It's not encouraging. I'll give it a try at some later date, but right now my priorities are MNK then BLM in that order.
    I wish I was getting 150k CP an hour. Iunno what I'm doing wrong, but you're doing better than I am, so your complaint means nothing to me.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I wish I was getting 150k CP an hour. Iunno what I'm doing wrong, but you're doing better than I am, so your complaint means nothing to me.
    Well I have a crapload of bonuses stacked. 39% from Mecistopins Mantle, about 27% from Gifts, everything from ROE (I dunno what that adds up to). But also I have 8 Trizek Rings so I'm always at +150% Get 3500 to 8000 per kill and something near 600,000 per hour on MNK while pounding stuff in Esca'Ruan.
    (0)

Character
    Ferocity
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Well I have a crapload of bonuses stacked. 39% from Mecistopins Mantle, about 27% from Gifts, everything from ROE (I dunno what that adds up to). But also I have 8 Trizek Rings so I'm always at +150% Get 3500 to 8000 per kill and something near 600,000 per hour on MNK while pounding stuff in Esca'Ruan.
    How do you have multiple trizek rings on one character? Did I miss something?
    (0)
    http://www.etherealls.com
    Prodigy - Ethereal Linkshell - Diabolos
    Ferocity - xEtherealx Linkshell - Siren
    Aegis 12/31/06
    Spharai 10/20/13
    Burtgang 01/05/15

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Basically you get them with mules and then mail them to the character you want. They are rare so you have to hold the others in your delivery box.
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast