Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    It's really not too much. I just came back to the game after taking a break in March and now I'm at 1093 JP on Summoner getting about 40 JP per hour. That's without using the capacity rings, mind you.

The double CP event only just started. Yes, I work more than 40 hours a week.

I would be done with Summoner by now if it weren't for the maintenance. Proven fact, partying for CP actually does (most of the time) go faster than soloing it.

For the record, I'm enjoying the time spent doing it and will probably get the 350 JP or whatever it is to reach the cap you can hold when I'm done. GEO might be a fun one to do next.
    (7)
    Last edited by Crevox; 08-12-2015 at 02:48 PM.

Player
    It's not much. It only looks like that, when you start out.
    (1)

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    It's really not too much. I just came back to the game after taking a break in March and now I'm at 1093 JP on Summoner getting about 40 JP per hour. That's without using the capacity rings, mind you.

The double CP event only just started. Yes, I work more than 40 hours a week.

I would be done with Summoner by now if it weren't for the maintenance. Proven fact, partying for CP actually does (most of the time) go faster than soloing it.

For the record, I'm enjoying the time spent doing it and will probably get the 350 JP or whatever it is to reach the cap you can hold when I'm done. GEO might be a fun one to do next.
    On a selfish note ;-) - any basic tips for a smn who hasn't got many JPs yet?

Thanks

Art.
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i like the grind, it gives people a reason to come together and party like the old days again, without a grind people will have nothing to do until they wait around all day for a single short event
    (2)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The job points accelerate as you get more of them. by the time you're getting up into the 1k JP territory, you're probably getting one every 10 kills or less. Plus they keep adding unlockable permanent bonuses. It keeps getting faster.
    (1)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    While its not hard to get 1200 jp, its also not fun. It is way to grindy, and the acquisition rate is way too low (imho). A bonus 3% more CP every 50 points or w/e is also very minor at best. If the bonus to CP gain rate stacked between jobs, it would be ideal.

Anyone can do it if they want, but spending 1-2 hours a night grinding mindlessly isn't fun. I would rather get my CP from doing meaningful events. AKA

1 per high level battle field on normal, 2 on hard, and 3 on very hard setting
    1-3 job point per escha NM
    1 + floor per alluvian skirmish (clear floor 10 and you get 11 jp)
    5 per vagary run, bonus 5 for each big boss triggered/killed
    Add bonus +5 for each nm you kill in incursion.

Just to compare it to ff14.
    In 1-2 hours a night i can run 3-4 dungeons, a few daily roulettes, and all of that grants me something that progresses me forward. Currently you have to sacrifice more enjoyable content for the sake of getting gifts.

On their own gifts might seem pretty minor and some jobs definitly get way better gifts/jp than other jobs, but for PUP for example, +2 elemental capacity (at 200 and 1200) is pretty big. Alot of people try to write it off, but honestly the 200 jp gift makes you 10-20% better than a pup without out, same with the 1200 gift. You are effectively 20-40% better than a pup with no gifts pet wise.

Sure it doesnt fix the real problems with our pets, but the power level difference is pretty substantial.
    (2)
    Last edited by Roja323; 08-13-2015 at 01:43 AM.

Character
    Raiya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Theres permenant increased JP bonuses obtained from RoE for each of the expansions and Nation missions you complete now. 10% increase for each one u finish.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I don't think you understand how the capacity point gifts work. The first one is 5% the second one is 7%, the second gift didn't give you 2% on that 5% it gave you another 7% for a total of 13%. So by the end of this one before they increase the cap to 20 you have an additional 285% from gifts. Then there is the 70% from missions, 50% from cape, ect. Really I will be done with JP before I get enough silt for all the vorseals.
    (1)

9. 08-13-2015 04:20 AM

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    While its not hard to get 1200 jp, its also not fun. It is way to grindy, and the acquisition rate is way too low (imho). A bonus 3% more CP every 50 points or w/e is also very minor at best. If the bonus to CP gain rate stacked between jobs, it would be ideal.
    Just so you know, the capacity point gifts stack. you're not gaining 1-3% each time, you're gaining more and more each time. When it says you gain 25%, you gain 25%. Not just an extra 2% pas the last gift.

e.g. theres a 9% gift, then an 11% igift. That's 20%, not 11%. The next one adds to the ones before it, it doesn't replace them.\

-edit- just realized someone else came in here to say teh same thing.

By the time you're capped on gifts for a job, your CP bonus on that job is well over +100%.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I like job points. The more you do, the more you get. And you can increase your CP gain rate through many different avenues:

-Mission completion (Rhapsody KI)
    -Mog Garden (cheers)
    -RoE objectives (lair/colonization/wildskeeper reives)
    -Gear (Capacity Ring, Trizek Ring, Aptitude/Mec... something mantle)

Not to mention you earn bonuses through the gift system that earn you even more CP as you progress. You'll earn much more CP after you've put some effort into it than you would have as a fresh level 99 player.

To the OP, it sounds like you haven't really tried optimizing your CP farming. If you still care to, maybe consider doing some of the side work to make your efforts more worthwhile. I don't know, I really like the system. That said, it won't stop me from complaining every time double XP ends.
    (2)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast