Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

1,200 Job Points is too much!

Farming Job points requires too much time and effort to obtain all of the gifts, up to the point that it doesn't feel like i'm playing a game. Does this not deviate from one of developer's objective, for us to enjoy the game? Am I also to expect for FFXIV to go with the same ordeal?
    (4)

Character
    Ferocity
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I don't think it's too much because it gives you reason to keep gaining CP. Would you prefer capping it out at 500 and then having no reason to CP on that job anymore?

I feel like gifts are more like an added bonus, NOT a necessity. If you want to force yourself to grind them out, that's your prerogative. 1200 is a lot yes, is it too much, no not in my opinion. But they've been making it so easy to get Job points, and capping it out shouldn't be something you can do in a weekend grinding straight. I'm a firm believer that you should put in some effort for certain things.
    (7)
    http://www.etherealls.com
    Prodigy - Ethereal Linkshell - Diabolos
    Ferocity - xEtherealx Linkshell - Siren
    Aegis 12/31/06
    Spharai 10/20/13
    Burtgang 01/05/15

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I don't mind the concept of grinding, but at the current requirement (even with the added benefits), its unreasonable, and unrealistic to most casual players. Especially with multiple jobs, I don't think I will ever have the joy of playing ranger with even 25% of the gifts offered.
    (3)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeviathan View Post
    I don't mind the concept of grinding, but at the current requirement (even with the added benefits), its unreasonable, and unrealistic to most casual players. Especially with multiple jobs, I don't think I will ever have the joy of playing ranger with even 25% of the gifts offered.
    That's the point. Job Points, and the Gifts that go with them are rewards you get for actually playing the job in question, as opposed to the Merit Point system wherein you can merit any job on any other job.
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So then don't farm job points. Problem solved.
    (6)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    So then don't farm job points. Problem solved.
    I'm better off never returning really, only thing I'm able to do since returning was the missions and grinding those points. The rest isn't worth doing because the server lack people interested in any of the content and those that I can solo have a rare drop mechanism (Some unity and the mission Battles on EASY).
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    You could always farm them casually over a long time-frame. Just because they raised the limit to 1200, doesn't mean that you are supposed to rush out and finish 1200 this month.

FFXI started out being a game with entirely long-term goals. Getting level 75/37 and some merits was a long-term goal, doing missions was a long term goal. RME were a dream, a fantasy, but also a long-term goal.

Since the recent years of constant updates, the goals have changed from long-term to immediate, new content has arrived and it must be beaten within a short time, if it can't be beaten in short time that means it is somehow failed. This is the opposite of the original game, where everything was offered as a long-term challenge, where pacing of goals and accepting of punishment-reward systems was standard. Now this is history as a concept for many players.

I don't understand what the rush is, lol. If you hurry to finish Weapon X or finish 1200 Jobpoints, then you have less goals. I always found that pacing goals was better than rushing them, work a little bit on the 10,000 carps a little bit on merits, a little bit on armor weapons, and then repeat this process long-term. I never really saw the fun in burning myself out to complete a single goal in a hurry, when I can just add it to the list of goals, and chip away at those goals in my own casual bumbling Smurfette way. I'm not saying that this is the right way to play, only that it makes me happy and stops me losing my marbles.
    (5)

Except for not being able to obtain CP from any mob that gives XP at lvl99 (even if it's only 1 CP for killing an ultra easy prey) I have no complaints about the Job Point system. I may take a while to get those 1200 points, but Temper II and Refresh III are too tempting. Not to mention the all the many job enhancements and gifts you get along the way.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It actually goes a lot faster as you get more points and unlock more of the capacity gifts. The first strech must be even easier now with the stronger mobs to farm and the crazy number of bonuses from RoE quests.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yeah I quit after this campaign is over. Just done my first ever Sinister Reign, and I just got a glimpse the randomness of the reward system. I was hoping that randomness ended with skirmishes, but it has not.

I'll stick with playing Elder Scrolls Online, seems more suitable for me.
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast