Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Thankyou for Rhapsodies of Vana'diel.

I just want to say a very big thankyou to everyone involved in making the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel.

The cutscene movies are heart-achingly beautiful to see, and the story-writing is bold and profound. The story-writing in the latest RoV is engaging and stirring, beyond anything I have read in even the greatest of fantasy novels.

The blending of existing storylines into RoV is masterful and enchanting. The RoV rewards system is also very well designed, and fun. The concept of tying character-upgrade rewards into a blend of existing and new storylines, is a truly brilliant idea.

Thankyou for this enthralling story, it is just simply wonderful.
    (9)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I agree, great job
    (1)

Character
    Raiya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    While the story might be nice I'm certainly not enjoying it too much in part because I can neither proceed on Rhapsodies because its at a part of the story where lilisette is unavailable and is blocking me 1st by not letting me finish the Sandoria S quest chain and now is blocking me from proceeding in Wotg to get her back! This is after spending all day doing the bastok S quest chain to get around the 1st problem only to be blocked at the second -.-

Honestlys more like Glitches of Vanadiel this one. 1st one didnt have these issues C_C
    (1)

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiyara View Post
    Honestlys more like Glitches of Vanadiel this one. 1st one didnt have these issues C_C
    Well to be fair, they probably intended for you to have finished all the expansions before doing Rhapsodies
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I meant to make this thread but you beat me to the punch.

Rhapsodies of Vanadiel storyline is awesome. It's not really the best in my opinion. Sometimes I think it's a little too fast paced. Like the part where the one SOA NPC we all know and love entraps the Disjointed One seems like what in other story lines would have stretched out over several missions and a couple updates to resolve. The fights are a little too easy, which I guess is good because it means I don't have to be bottlenecked to continue enjoying the story.

My favorite part, which I absolutely love, is how it integrates all these previous story lines. It was such a delight seeing Nashmeira, Tenzen, Prishe, and Gilgamesh all gathered together. Or to see Sehl'teus and Balomor together. Originally, the introduction of these characters took place over the span of several years and several different expansions, so it's easy to forget that these people all inhabit the same world and it's actually kind of unusual that they never met each other.

I also really love that the whole quest is an attempt to seek out Altana. We've seen so many supernatural beings and demigods, including Altana's counterpart Promathia.... but we've never actually seen Altana in anything but a painting or sculpture.

One question that still remains on my mind is this: where was Bahamut during the meeting of the Terrestrial Avatars? That seems like a major oversight. Fenrir, Odin, Alexander, Atomos, Cait Sith, and Diabolos were there. I think Siren and Phoenix joined in too (though Phoenix seems to be more of an insubstantial force than an actual being). No Bahamut though....
    (3)

Character
    Jeanpaul
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    While we're pointing out great things in the update, Sinister Reign is easily one of, if not the absolute best designed event in thing in the game. I award many JeanBucks to those involved in its creation.
    (2)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post

My favorite part, which I absolutely love, is how it integrates all these previous story lines. It was such a delight seeing Nashmeira, Tenzen, Prishe, and Gilgamesh all gathered together. Or to see Sehl'teus and Balomor together. Originally, the introduction of these characters took place over the span of several years and several different expansions, so it's easy to forget that these people all inhabit the same world and it's actually kind of unusual that they never met each other.

I also really love that the whole quest is an attempt to seek out Altana. We've seen so many supernatural beings and demigods, including Altana's counterpart Promathia.... but we've never actually seen Altana in anything but a painting or sculpture.
    It reminded me of Marvel's "Secret Wars" when you got all those different legendary heroes from totally different places and times, all gathered together. I agree with you about Altana too, we don't know what to expect, and there is a lot of possible surprises ahead. I have been trying to guess where it is all heading, and I just can't guess at all. There are so many possible perpendiculars lol.

This last update has given me my new total #1 favourite trust too, Orange Glowy Nashmeira. Her trademark combat stance of looking away from the mob while slapping the air like she's having a tantrum, is still here, and now in glowy orange. It is the best thing ever.

And this update was also my favourite RoV bonus, being able to cap lots of VW atmacites for a new super-low price. I had got a lot of them to lvl 10 but had stopped pouring cruor into them lol, but today I went and got loads of them to lvl 15.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiyara View Post
    While the story might be nice I'm certainly not enjoying it too much in part because I can neither proceed on Rhapsodies because its at a part of the story where lilisette is unavailable and is blocking me 1st by not letting me finish the Sandoria S quest chain and now is blocking me from proceeding in Wotg to get her back! This is after spending all day doing the bastok S quest chain to get around the 1st problem only to be blocked at the second -.-

Its just because RoV gives "Trust" ciphers as primary direct rewards, this tells you that the whole of RoV is based on the bonds you have formed with characters in the old storylines. And if you haven't formed strong bonds with those characters (by finishing the missions and add-on quests) then your bond is not strong enough to progress in the bond-based RoV storyline. It makes sense from that point of view, but I do feel sorry for people who haven't had time to finish all the storyline yet. Hopefully RoV will inspire new players to experience the amazing and sublime mission storylines in the old game, it might motivate some players who might otherwise have skipped that whole area of the game.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    And this update was also my favourite RoV bonus, being able to cap lots of VW atmacites for a new super-low price. I had got a lot of them to lvl 10 but had stopped pouring cruor into them lol, but today I went and got loads of them to lvl 15.
    That kind of makes me want to go get more atmacites. I have a few, but when I progressed through Voidwatch I was just concerned with getting clears and didn't really even try for staggers.
    (1)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I got my atmacite to level 3, and then 4 and both times it said something odd. First upgrade was "Your molted peiste skin has been upgraded to level 3!" and second was "Your Windurst Rune has been upgraded to level 4!" then it stopped. Strange huh lol
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast